• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about demons

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Can you be haunted by a demon?And how would you know you are?What would be the signs?

The demons are very active in our day.....it was foretold that the devil and his hordes would be confined to the vicinity of the earth in these "last days". Having been evicted from heaven, they are aware that their time is short and they are concentrating their efforts on anyone who shows any weakness of mind or spirit. (Revelation 12:7-12)

"Haunted" is not really the correct word IMO....demons can only come by invitation. Either you summon them directly, engage in spiritistic activity that God specifically mentions in Deuteronomy 18:9-12....or by coming into possession of something that a demon-possessed person has owned....a material thing that serves as a anchor for the demon spirit.

They make their presence felt by attacking you in some way. In my own personal experience, some satanic music was brought into my house by some misguided teenagers. That night, the demons attacked me as I slept. I awoke fighting them as they tried to take possession of my body. I was struck dumb and could not speak except to cry out to God in my mind. I fought them and they eventually left me. (James 4:7) I searched for what had brought them into my house and found the music tape which I destroyed. They did not come back after that.

I have had several encounters in different locations and each time I prayed for God's help to identify the source of the attack. Once I did, they lost their power over me. God's spirit is stronger than they are.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
In your cultural tradition, what is a demon? Similarly, in your cultural tradition, what is a haunting?

I mean, I can answer the question from the standpoint of my own cultural traditions, but I suspect that you do not share them and it would do you no good. It suffices to say that the answer to the question you ask really, really depends on the cultural context. What culture do you ground yourself in? What narratives do you weave?