• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about a possible tv show

VoidCat

Pronouns: he/him/they/them
As some of y'all may know I dont watch TV. However here in the group home there is this autistic 22 year old with limited communication skills who does. And he asks me to put his TV on sometimes. Often he'll say when talking about something that Calvin gets annoyed about Xbox on TV. And something about a CJ Max. I gathered this was a commercial but now im not sure cuz every time he asks me to put on the TV he wants me to put it on Calvin. He says put it on Calvin. But there are no TV shows by that name that I can find. I asked him the name of the show and he doesn't know it. And so I ask him each time what else would be good to watch and usually he says cartoons so I do place it on there. I was just wondering if anyone here has any clue based on what I am writing here what he is talking about when he says Calvin. Is it a tv show, a commercial, a movie or like what is it?

John53

I go leaps and bounds
Premium Member
I found a Calvin and Hobbes animated tv series with a google search. I've never heard of it...

Nimos

As some of y'all may know I dont watch TV. However here in the group home there is this autistic 22 year old with limited communication skills who does. And he asks me to put his TV on sometimes. Often he'll say when talking about something that Calvin gets annoyed about Xbox on TV. And something about a CJ Max. I gathered this was a commercial but now im not sure cuz every time he asks me to put on the TV he wants me to put it on Calvin. He says put it on Calvin. But there are no TV shows by that name that I can find. I asked him the name of the show and he doesn't know it. And so I ask him each time what else would be good to watch and usually he says cartoons so I do place it on there. I was just wondering if anyone here has any clue based on what I am writing here what he is talking about when he says Calvin. Is it a tv show, a commercial, a movie or like what is it?
Not sure.. doesn't ring a bell.

Maybe go through each TV channel and tell him to say stop when its the right channel where he saw these characters, might be easier to figure out who they are. Also are you sure that these are the actual names? Maybe he heard the names wrong and just think that this is what they are called or something?

Could also be youtube streamers, if he watches stuff like that?

VoidCat

When he says CJ max he doesn't just say CJ Max. He says Mr. CJ Max. Which makes me wonder if one of the characters is just named CJ and he adds max to the end just for the heck of it. Or if there's a person in a commercial for CJ Max called Mr.CJ Max. That's kinda why I thought it was just a commerical cuz he says Calvin gets mad about Xbox with Mr.CJ Max.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Not sure about CJ Max, although there's a store called TJ Maxx.

The only Calvin I know of is from Calvin and Hobbes. There's also Calvin Klein, which might have commercials. Maybe Calvin Coolidge. Or John Calvin.

Nimos

I asked to tell me about Calvin and what it's about. His exact words? "CJ."
Googled a bit and its a long shot, I don't know the series at all, so just guessing.

But could it be House of Payne?

This is what a common question on google is about it, apparently.

Are CJ and Calvin Brothers?
The original format of the series centred around C.J. (Allen Payne) and his family moving in with his Aunt Ella and Uncle Curtis (Cassi Davis and LaVan Davis). ... In the test run, Ella and Curtis were originally C.J.'s parents, but in its current format, Calvin is their son and C.J. their nephew.

House_of_payne_8.jpg

Last edited:

VoidCat

Googled a bit and its a long shot, I don't know the series at all, so just guessing.

The original format of the series centred around C.J. (Allen Payne) and his family moving in with his Aunt Ella and Uncle Curtis (Cassi Davis and LaVan Davis). ... In the test run, Ella and Curtis were originally C.J.'s parents, but in its current format, Calvin is their son and C.J. their nephew.

House_of_payne_8.jpg
Staff thinks that's a possibility

VoidCat

House_of_payne_8.jpg
And i showed him a picture asked if it was CJ. He said yes.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There was such a thing as Calvin Televizion in Albania affiliated with Kristal University.

It's called Planet Television now.