• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Question about 2 Corinthians 5:10

Maximus

the Confessor
When is christ going to judge us?According to 2 Corinthians 5:10?I am confused.:confused:

31 because He has appointed a day on which He will judge the world in righteousness by the Man whom He has ordained. He has given assurance of this to all by raising Him from the dead.”

Acts 17:31

No one knows *when*

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
When is christ going to judge us?According to 2 Corinthians 5:10?I am confused.:confused:

That is about to happen. World events will unfold as they are doing right now and it will lead the world into expecting "peace and security" by means of some man made governmental arrangement...a "new world order"...but just the opposite will happen. The greatest tribulation in man's history will result, and Jesus said unless those days were cut short on account of the "chosen ones", no flesh would be saved." (Matthew 24:21-22)

LightofTruth

I don't think the "ALL" that Paul speaks of is referring to every person who ever lived but only to those who have entered covenant with God.

For example, Jesus said: "He that believeth on him is not judged: he that believeth not hath been judged already, because he hath not believed on the name of the only begotten Son of God."

A person who does not believed on the name of the son of God has already been judged. He was judged to die the death of Adam. Which means he is dust and to dust he shall return.

And the person who believes, Jesus says is not judged. But if one says he believes and is baptized into Christ and thinks he can live any way he chooses.....well then, he will suffer a second death.

Frank Goad

In Philippians 1:19-26.Verses 21-24.It says paul wants to depart and be with christ.And he talks about being in the flesh.Which kind of sounds like 2 Corinthians 5:10.When he says the words in the body.I am confused.:confused:

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
In Philippians 1:19-26.Verses 21-24.It says paul wants to depart and be with christ.And he talks about being in the flesh.Which kind of sounds like 2 Corinthians 5:10.When he says the words in the body.I am confused.:confused:

(sigh) Paul, like all of the first Christians, was of “the heavenly calling” (Hebrews 3:1) which means that, in order for these “joint heirs” with Jesus to join him in heaven, they will need to die in the flesh, and be given a spirit body by God. Naturally, (1 Corinthians 15:50)

Their anointing gives them a strong desire to leave their sinful flesh behind and take on their new body to begin their role as “kings and priests” in the heavenly kingdom. (Revelation 20:6)

Why are you confused? You are still clinging to the idea of an immortal soul....you need to lose it because it is not taught in the Bible. It’s a satanic lie.

LightofTruth

(sigh) Paul, like all of the first Christians, was of “the heavenly calling” (Hebrews 3:1) which means that, in order for these “joint heirs” with Jesus to join him in heaven, they will need to die in the flesh, and be given a spirit body by God. Naturally, (1 Corinthians 15:50)

Their anointing gives them a strong desire to leave their sinful flesh behind and take on their new body to begin their role as “kings and priests” in the heavenly kingdom. (Revelation 20:6)

Why are you confused? You are still clinging to the idea of an immortal soul....you need to lose it because it is not taught in the Bible. It’s a satanic lie.

It's interesting that you mention "spirit body". What is a "spirit body"?
My understanding is that a spirit body is a physical body which is no longer subject to death. It is a body like the body Jesus was raised with. For example, Paul says they shall be RAISED immortal which means that the body they are raised with never dies.
And Jesus says that in the resurrection they are to be as the angels of God in heaver who never die.
Angels of God never die because they never sin (the wages of sin is death). If they could sin then death, the last enemy, could never be destroyed.
If the resurrected saints had the same flesh as they did before they were raised immortal then they could sin by being drawn away and enticed by their own desires.If that were possible then death could never have an end because sin would always be possible.
Therefore, the idea that the angels of God in heaven have "free will" is false. Their only desire is to obey God.

Last edited:

LightofTruth

In order for death to be completely destroyed everyone at that time will have an immortal body. There will be no more mortal flesh people left.. And that is when Jesus delivers the kingdom to God the Father.

"Then comes the end, when He delivers the kingdom to God the Father, when He puts an end to all rule and all authority and power. For He must reign till He has put all enemies under His feet. The last enemy that will be destroyed is death."

Dogknox20

10 For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.
Jesus will Judge us at our death!
The Sheep on his right the Goats on his left! It is clear those with NO "Good Works" (LOVE) will not enter!
Matthew 25 is very clear both the Sheep and the Goats have FAITH both address Jesus as LORD! The only difference between the two is their "Good Works"!
The Sheep are called righteous because they "Do Right"! The Goats have ONLY Faith!

TrueBeliever37

Hi Frank,

We will be judged when he returns.
2 Timothy 4:1
2 Timothy 4:8
1 Peter 1:7
Matthew 25:31-46
Revelation 20:11-15 and Revelation 21:5-7 Notice who the Alpha and Omega that sits on the throne judging is according to this next verse. Revelation 22:12-13

Notice also that he said he was God in Revelation 21:7

Last edited:

Nova2216

7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;
10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Hawkins

God's goal is to build a Heaven as an eternity for both the angels and humans to live with Him forever. Only those passed the Final Judgment can enter this Heaven. The Final Judgment is a legal/lawful process where each and every single human will be resurrected to stand trial to determine whether he can enter the final Heaven or not.