• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Queen will not meet Trump during UK visit

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The Limeys better be careful....next time the Huns attack,
Trump might not want to pull their bacon out of the fire.

Is it OK to say "Hun" here?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Who cares? The Queen is just a fixed object in the UK with no real power, anyway. Heck, she wanted to skip Charles and let William inherit the throne but Parliament won't even let her do that much.
Actually the reality is the Queen is quite powerful still, she's immune to British law, and if she wanted to, she could override Parliament. At least it's from what I hear.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The dear Queen Elizabeth is 91. She probably doesn't want anything to do with the media circus that surrounds Trump and wisely so.
Aye, that's why I too won't meet with Trump.
(But if I ever did, I'd surely wear something sturdier than a kilt.)

DavidFirth

Actually the reality is the Queen is quite powerful still, she's immune to British law, and if she wanted to, she could override Parliament. At least it's from what I hear.

Nah, she can't over ride Parliament unless Parliament allows her to. She is sworn to uphold the law and the decisions of Parliament.

She can't even name her successor. I find that weird.

Altfish

Veteran Member
Who cares? The Queen is just a fixed object in the UK with no real power, anyway. Heck, she wanted to skip Charles and let William inherit the throne but Parliament won't even let her do that much.
I seem to remember that she's head of the Church of England...oh, you're right, she has no power

DavidFirth

I seem to remember that she's head of the Church of England...oh, you're right, she has no power

Right. She is the figurehead of the Church of England as well as the figurehead of the UK government. She is head of the Church in name only and makes no decisions that affect either the government or the Church.