• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quarantine Reading.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Last five books read...

Peggy Orenstein "Boys and Sex" about the culture of toxic masculinity among today's youth.

Pema Chodron "Comfortable with Uncertainty" How to deal with uncertainty, fear, etc from a Buddhist POV.

Rudy Francisco "Helium" An excellent collection of poems.

Yoshido Kenko "A Cup of Sake Beneath the Cherry Trees" Rambling observations of an ancient Buddhist monk.

Lynn Pan "When True Love Came to China" A history of the concept of romantic love in China.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
Currently re-reading Please Kill Me
Quarantine's that bad, huh? ;)

I'm just reading a lot of old favorites. It's too bad libraries have been shut down...I prefer kids-early-teens books, so I've re-read Andrew Clements novels and then I'll see where to move on from there.

Flame

Beware
Quarantine's that bad, huh? ;)

I'm just reading a lot of old favorites. It's too bad libraries have been shut down...I prefer kids-early-teens books, so I've re-read Andrew Clements novels and then I'll see where to move on from there.

One of my favorite music history books. ;)

I just started my 14 day lockdown. Its going to be a long 2 weeks.

Harel13

Am Yisrael Chai
Staff member
Premium Member
I just started my 14 day lockdown. Its going to be a long 2 weeks.
Best of luck. I received a late message (12 days into the 14 day lock down) so spent about a day and a half shut off in my room, and even that was tough.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Reading inferno by dan brown but its hardly enthralling so not picked it up for a few days. I am considering leaving it unfinished and rereading the 3 volume set of The Hobbit, i really do fancy a story of a long walk.

But chances are i will read Excession by iain m banks again. Ive read the book4 times now and find a new nuance each time.

Or almost anything by Terry Pratchett

Rival

se Dex me saut.
Staff member
Premium Member
The Thirteen Principles and The Ethical Personality, by Rabbi Zechariah Fendel.

Ramban's commentary on Bereschit, Shemot and Vayiqra in three volumes (I have yet to be able to afford Bemidbar and Devarim).

Artscroll commentary on the Books of Bereschit and Esther.

epronovost

The Plague and the Stranger from Albert Camus (the english translations are okay, but I would recommand it in french even if it's not your first language as the prose is better and it's still a rather easy read).

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Edward O. Wilson, On Human Nature.

James McBride, Deacon King Kong (for my book club).

Richard Dawkins, The Ancestor's Tale.

Probably do Lord of the Rings again -- it's been 6 or 7 years, and it's always lovely to go back to.

Collection of Restoration plays.

Plays by Richard Brinsley Sheridan, especially The Rivals and A School for Scandal.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I just started reading Midnight ight between the garden of good and evil by John Berendt.

I jog doing the day, read a book probably at the park, and do my school work in the evening. I don't know how long everyone will be cooped up. A lot of parents walked their kids or just played out from their homes. The play area in all parks are blocked off. Others jog as well.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
I am currently reading The Cobra Event by Richard Preston

The Cobra Event is set in motion one spring morning in New York City, when a seventeen-year-old student wakes up feeling vaguely ill. Hours later she is having violent seizures, blood is pouring out of her nose, and she has begun a hideous process of self-cannibalization. Soon, other gruesome deaths of a similar nature have been discovered, and the Centers for Disease Control sends a forensic pathologist to investigate. What she finds precipitates a federal crisis.
As for what I will read next...
I have a book reader called Calibre which has an option to pick a random book.

Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG

Flame

Beware
I'm going to try and get through the Dune series. I can make it to book 3 but never made it past.

Regiomontanus

Ματαιοδοξία ματαιοδοξιών! Όλα είναι ματαιοδοξία.
For those who are quarantined, what are you reading?

Currently re-reading Please Kill Me for the 20th time.

https://www.amazon.com/Please-Kill-Me-Uncensored-History/dp/0802125360

For any Stephen King fans here, note that in less than two weeks his newest book will be released. It is titled 'If it Bleeds':

"From #1 New York Times bestselling author, legendary storyteller, and master of short fiction Stephen King comes an extraordinary collection of four new and compelling novellas—Mr. Harrigan’s Phone, The Life of Chuck, Rat and the title story If It Bleeds — each pulling readers into intriguing and frightening places."

Welcome to StephenKing.com

Also, later today, King will be interviewed on the NPR show 'Fresh Air'. He will discuss 'The Stand' (which features a pandemic) among other things.

Fresh Air

:hearteyes: