• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quantuum mechanics and dieties

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
To be exact, the area of the visible universe is 27,274.7936 square billion light years (based on Google Search answer giving the radius of the universe as 46.6 billion light year. The surface of sphere is 4 x pi x radius square). That assumes that universe is a sphere, though it may be different.

220px-Clifford-torus.gif
Torus (Hyperbolic manifold), Wikipedia

shawn001

FYI

How Big is the Universe?

"According to NASA, scientists know that the universe is flat with only about a 0.4 percent margin of error (as of 2013). And that could change our understanding of just how big the universe is."

How Big is the Universe?

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
FYI

How Big is the Universe?

"According to NASA, scientists know that the universe is flat with only about a 0.4 percent margin of error (as of 2013). And that could change our understanding of just how big the universe is."

How Big is the Universe?

Yes. The figure of 46 billion light years is the *current* size of those objects encompassed by our observable universe. That is very different than the question of the size of the universe as a whole since light has only had 13.7 billion years to get to us.

If space is flat, then the universe may well be infinite in extent (although that is not necessarily the case: it could be in the form of a generalization of the torus).

If the curvature is positive, the universe is finite in extent, with the size partially determined by that curvature.

If the curvature is negative, then again the universe could be infinite in extent, but there are still possible models that are finite.

BTW: I believe that margin of error has been decreased by more recent observations. I'll check that out.

Tonstad39

Senior headwriter of the Onstad Mythology Series
Considering I do not believe that the gods are something separate from the universe/reality/nature
And being Quantum beings would be precisely how they are seperate from our comparatively material universe. I've even laid out that our universe straddles many international borders in the multiverse. Quantum mechanics are not part of our reality, but rather the particles that make up matter are more directly linked to reality. We see large swathes of dark matter and energy as simply black voids because our reality and perception simply can't go further than atomic particles.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
And being Quantum beings would be precisely how they are seperate from our comparatively material universe.

I'm thinking you are missing my point. Granted, I didn't spend much time articulating it, so let me try again.

Your OP is mostly incomprehensible to be honest, but from what I could make out your idea hinges upon accepting a theology where the gods and nature/universe/reality are separate. This perspective can be described as believing that the gods are transcendent, or separate from nature. Such a theological perspective is not uncommon in Western culture, but it is not a perspective that I share. In order for your idea to be workable, you have to accept that it is possible for gods to "lie outside" of reality, or that the gods are transcendent. I reject the premise, so I do not have much use for your speculations. Perhaps those who follow a theology that teaches the gods are transcendent might, if they have a perchance for New Age sounding pseudoscience jargon. I would recommend using less jargon, though, because your posts are neigh impossible to follow.

DavidFirth

I'm in a very speculatory spot when it comes to spirituality (hence why I'm agnostic) so notes for my own fiction is going to be the closest thing to mapping something out in terms of uniting belief with known science.

Do you write science fiction? I love science fiction.

shawn001

And being Quantum beings would be precisely how they are seperate from our comparatively material universe. I've even laid out that our universe straddles many international borders in the multiverse. Quantum mechanics are not part of our reality, but rather the particles that make up matter are more directly linked to reality. We see large swathes of dark matter and energy as simply black voids because our reality and perception simply can't go further than atomic particles.

There is no evidence of Quantum beings, although they might exist perhaps. But they wouldn't be separate from the material universe, in fact, they would be able to manipulate it.

"I've even laid out that our universe straddles many international borders in the multiverse."

International borders?

There is no evidence yet of multiverses.

Quantum mechanics is, of course, part of our physical reality.

We don't SEE "dark matter and energy" but we know it exists by how it affects the universe. We don't know what it is yet period.

"reality and perception simply can't go further than atomic particles"

What about subatomic particles and say CERN? Or Elementary particles?

Actually, it does to Quantum mechanics, which is something we can test.

Quantum Theory

"Quantum mechanics (QM -- also known as quantum physics, or quantum theory) is a branch of physics which deals with physical phenomena at nanoscopic scales where the action is on the order of the Planck constant. It departs from classical mechanics primarily at the quantum realm of atomic and subatomic length scales. Quantum mechanics provides a mathematical description of much of the dual particle-like and wave-like behavior and interactions of energy and matter. Quantum mechanics provides a substantially useful framework for many features of the modern periodic table of elements including the behavior of atoms during chemical bonding and has played a significant role in the development of many modern technologies.

In advanced topics of quantum mechanics, some of these behaviors are macroscopic (see macroscopic quantum phenomena) and emerge at only extreme (i.e., very low or very high) energies or temperatures (such as in the use of superconducting magnets). For example, the angular momentum of an electron bound to an atom or molecule is quantized. In contrast, the angular momentum of an unbound electron is not quantized. In the context of quantum mechanics, the wave--particle duality of energy and matter and the uncertainty principle provide a unified view of the behavior of photons, electrons, and other atomic-scale objects.

Tonstad39

Do you write science fiction? I love science fiction.
I mostly write fantasy that's set in the modern world, but I do sometimes toss around Science fiction stories.
International borders?
yes, international borders between the countries in the multiverse that happen to be ruled by different gods. The gods have put international borders in the infinite multiverse between one another to keep their creations holy and to protect the minor dieties that never created a universe from the wrath of a major diety.

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
I personally conject that Dietie, if real lie outside 93 billion light year universe and the reason for the various dieties that we've seen on earth is that our universe strattles many international borders corresponding to the many nation states of the many different deities in 26th dimensional space. Just some conjecture on my end, let me know what you think.

'In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this.' Terry Pratchett

Perhaps Schrödinger's cat is the one deity, besides having the ability to be both dead and alive, recent understanding of the quantum realm suggests that the cat can be both dead and alive in multiple places at the same time. True god like behaviour... ?

Dead or Alive, Schrödinger's Cat Can Be in 2 Boxes at Once

ChristineM

Premium Member
First, where did you get " 93 billion square mile universe " From?

"
The closest known galaxy to us is the Canis Major Dwarf Galaxy, at 236,000,000,000,000,000 km (25,000 light years) from the Sun. The Sagittarius Dwarf Elliptical Galaxy is the next closest , at 662,000,000,000,000,000 km (70,000 light years) from the Sun.

The Large Magellanic Cloud, 1,690,000,000,000,000,000 km (179,000 light years) away, was once considered the nearest galaxy outside of the Milky Way. The Small Magellanic Cloud is 1,980,000,000,000,000,000 km (210,000 light years) away."

The Cosmic Distance Scale

Isn't zero a wonderful invention? Without "0" those numbers would look quite tiny.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
The gods have put international borders in the infinite multiverse between one another to keep their creations holy and to protect the minor deities that never created a universe from the wrath of a major deity.
Sure, they have done that. Islam says:

"lā ḥawla wa lā quwwata illā billāh" (All power and change is to Allah). :)
Isn't zero a wonderful invention? Without "0" those numbers would look quite tiny.
You seem to love zeros. Put that distance in millimeters, you will get more zeros. :D

ChristineM

Premium Member
You seem to love zeros. Put that distance in millimeters, you will get more zeros. :D

Or microns for even more

Better still, Planck lengths

Love is a bit strong though, interesting history, yes and a great intention/discovery. Without it a lot of big numbers look terribly lonely

Milton Platt

I personally conject that Dietie, if real lie outside 93 billion light year universe and the reason for the various dieties that we've seen on earth is that our universe strattles many international borders corresponding to the many nation states of the many different deities in 26th dimensional space. Just some conjecture on my end, let me know what you think.

Sounds like you are just dreaming this stuff up. But you might want to come to the realization that there is the KNOWN universe and then the ACTUAL universe. They are two different things. We cannot know what the actual dimensions of the universe are. We can only know what the visible universe encompasses. Te speed of light prevents us from seeing beyond this horizon.

Ponder This

Is there no neutral zone? What about diplomatic relations? How do they resolve conflicts? What happens when someone tries to be charming in empty space?

ChristineM

Premium Member
Sounds like you are just dreaming this stuff up. But you might want to come to the realization that there is the KNOWN universe and then the ACTUAL universe. They are two different things. We cannot know what the actual dimensions of the universe are. We can only know what the visible universe encompasses. Te speed of light prevents us from seeing beyond this horizon.

Nope, they are not different, the visible universe is a subset of the whole thing.

As for knowing the approximate size, it can be calculated quite easily
Science Explained: How Can the Diameter of the Universe Exceed its Age?

Tonstad39

If QM shows God exists, does classical physics refute the claim?
no, because Quantuum particles such as Leptons and Bosons make up the universe INCLUDING matter and forces like gravity and electro-magnitism. While I don't necissarily warship any gods, i do however find myself entertaining the possibility of a deity's existance.