• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quantum mechanics teaches a probabilistic, not deterministic, universe

Status
Not open for further replies.

shmogie

My my my! Aren't YOU a fine, fine example of how to NOT be like Jesus!

LMAO! You are so cute in your passive-aggressive attempt to belittle other people.

That being said, I find your self-important holier than thou attitude so very, very typical of theists.

It's one of a multitude of reasons why I'm not a christian any longer: What sort of Evil god would permit such as you to be it's representative?
ZZZZZ, zzzzzzz, huh ?, what ?, yawn, ZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

exchemist

Veteran Member
Hmmmm, what do you mean by ´solid physical evidence´ ? As one trained and educated in the law, I know what the term means, but what do you mean ? Can archaeology produce ¨solid physical evidence ¨ ? How about document authentication studies ? How about historical records ? As to eyewitness testimony, there are a variety of established tests to test itś veracity. You need to be clearer in what constitutes physical evidence in your mind
It is extremely well-known what constitutes "solid physical evidence" in science. If you have legal training I'm a bit surprised you are not familiar with this, but at least I can be confident you will undertand.

Science relies on reproducible observations of nature. Reproducible means something that can be corroborated by more than one observer and preferably in more than one location and/or using more than one technique. The object of this obvious: it is to reduce, as far as possible, bias and error in the reported observation.

So clearly archaeology offers reproducible evidence. The decorated pot, or axe shaft, say, can be examined by more than one person, samples can be carbon-dated by more than one lab, and so on.
(Same sort of thing with fossils, in palaeontology, of course.)

Document authentication is generally done by historians examining the text, rather than scientists, so that is not science. But again, physical samples can be analysed to show age, type of ink and paper, etc, by multiple people in multiple locations. So science can help the historian in that sort of way.

So, as you can perhaps appreciate, eyewitness testimony, of a single supposed event that cannot be reproduced, will not meet the criteria.

Bob the Unbeliever

YOU are that evidence. The Bible predicts precisely how every skeptic on this forum behaves. Run counter to form and disprove the Bible!

How, exactly ? Explain it as if I was a 3 year old child.

As for disproving the bible? That's so easy, I don't even need the google!

The bible's stories point to a young earth (6 to 10 thousand years). Actual science proves quite well, that the earth is 4+ billion years young.

The bible claims the earth was created BEFORE the sun (and that plants were created before the sun too...!) We know this is the opposite of what happened.

The bible claims the earth was entirely flooded-- we know that isn't true

The bible claims that all humans came from a single pair of incestuous parents.... TWICE. We know this is false.

The bible describes the earth as a flat plate, sitting on 4 posts, which rest on???? And that the sky is a transparent dome with some holes-in, to let the water through as rain. We know both of those are silly, and false.

The bible claims snakes can talk. And donkeys. And that bushes can become inflamed, but not only not burn up? But also talk. Silliness.

The bible claims people can come back from being dead 3 days. Silliness.

I could go on and on and ON where the bible absolutely and totally fails to be even a little reasonable.

ecco

Veteran Member
YOU are that evidence. The Bible predicts precisely how every skeptic on this forum behaves. Run counter to form and disprove the Bible!
If the bible predicts that skeptics will call out BS when they see it, then that prediction is correct.
If I predict that nothing will overcome your fundamentalist indoctrination, then my prediction is as good as the Bible's.

ecco

Veteran Member
ZZZZZZZZZZZ,hiccup, burp, you still here? zzzzzzzzzz sniff, ZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzz
Witness the extreme hateful behavior of yet another Genuine Christian™
It may not even be conscious hateful behavior.

When a young child is caught with peanut butter all over his face and confronted with "Did you get into the peanut butter?" He will often respond with stutters and murmurs and other evasive comments because he can't think of anything to say in his own defense.

Most outgrow this childish behavior. Sadly, some do not.

Quintessence

Consults with Trees
Staff member
Premium Member
*** THREAD LOCKED FOR STAFF REVIEW ***

Because apparently multiple people missed the big red letters telling you all to knock it off the first time.

Status
Not open for further replies.