• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quantum entanglement

Darkwater

mm Oscillating,I am very comfortable with that.

one teaspoon of matter from a black hole is heavier or has more mass or gravity than our entire galaxy,such is its compact nature as opposed to our quantum state of expansion....

I identify gravity so as to bite its head off & spit it as far as I can.If it ever shows itself to you,sieze the moment,show it how far you have come & how far you still have to travel.It then helps you as you are onside with the universe.

Andy

mm Oscillating,I am very comfortable with that.

one teaspoon of matter from a black hole is heavier or has more mass or gravity than our entire galaxy,such is its compact nature as opposed to our quantum state of expansion....

I identify gravity so as to bite its head off & spit it as far as I can.If it ever shows itself to you,sieze the moment,show it how far you have come & how far you still have to travel.It then helps you as you are onside with the universe.

Andy

Usually when I deal with gravity, I wear a parachute...:D

Darkwater

"knowledge dispels fear",useful para motto when you have to jump out of a perfectly good plane because someone tells you too.

:)

sorry for slipping into theosophy,back to cosmological.

The essence of gravity

What was general relativity? Einstein's earlier theory of time and space, special relativity, proposed that distance and time are not absolute. The ticking rate of a clock depends on the motion of the observer of that clock; likewise for the length of a "yardstick." Published in 1915, general relativity proposed that gravity, as well as motion, can affect the intervals of time and of space. The key idea of general relativity, called the equivalence principle, is that gravity pulling in one direction is completely equivalent to an acceleration in the opposite direction. A car accelerating forwards feels just like sideways gravity pushing you back against your seat. An elevator accelerating upwards feels just like gravity pushing you into the floor.
If gravity is equivalent to acceleration, and if motion affects measurements of time and space (as shown in special relativity), then it follows that gravity does so as well. In particular, the gravity of any mass, such as our sun, has the effect of warping the space and time around it. For example, the angles of a triangle no longer add up to 180 degrees, and clocks tick more slowly the closer they are to a gravitational mass like the sun.
Many of the predictions of general relativity, such as the bending of starlight by gravity and a tiny shift in the orbit of the planet Mercury, have been quantitatively confirmed by experiment. Two of the strangest predictions, impossible ever to completely confirm, are the existence of black holes and the effect of gravity on the universe as a whole (cosmology).

I have used this to create a *dam in time*. :) of which there are many to be navigated.

Does Gravity Push, or does Gravity Pull? - Is First Matter Gravity ?

Last edited:

According to Quantum Field Theory, the notion of "force" is replaced by the notion of "interaction". For example, when a proton and an electron are nearby, according to the old description, there is an attractive force between the two. But in QFT, we say there is an interaction, and this interaction is mediated by the exchange of photons. There is no longer the worry of "is it a push or is it a pull". There is also no more question of "what is the cause, and what is the effect". The new physics, QFT, does away with these stumbling questions.

Now, gravity is the only force that has not been brought under quantum mechanics, but most physicists believe that eventually, we will have a quantum theory of gravity, in which gravity will be described as the mediation of particles -- they are dubbed gravitons. So far, these have not been discovered, but many experiments are underway to find them. ( see LIGO - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia and Virgo interferometer - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )

Last edited:

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
That was nice, but was there a reference to 'Is First Matter Gravity?'. How I visualize it is that the falling person created a small dent in the fabric of space-time but the dent created by the mass of earth was much steeper so this small dent slipped into the bigger dent. Just like as the earth is entrapped in an even bigger dent created by sun, and so on, universe being a sheet of fabric (flat and not curved, I think that is what science says today). There is no other option. It is neither a pull nor a push, it is the circumstance.

Last edited: