• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Quantifiability of the Dharma

If you found a way to exploit Dharma, what would you use it for?

• Eternal life for you

• Making your own galaxy

• Extinguishing the hells

• Smiting the stupid people

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tonstad39

Senior headwriter of the Onstad Mythology Series
Dharma, a property intrinsic to the universe itself transends all laws of motion and physics. Dharma facilitates karma and karmic consequence in day to day life while being invisible and unfeelable. While this descriptor sounds vauge and nonspecific, existing science confirms such a thing to exist. The innate limitations of the hubble telescope have shown that the universe expands faster than the speed of light as farther away galaxies become ever more redshifted until they vanish completely.

The LHC has discovered artifacts of multidimmensional, unpredictable realities are in and around us. This antimatter, usually called Dark Matter is what is theorized gives the vacuum of space its innate black color. Thermal readings of many galaxies reveal giant voids with no galaxies placed within it. This has given astronomers the resources to create the most accurate models of the composition of the universe is made of: %5 matter, %25 antimatter & %70 empty space.

Empty space is commonly defined as an intrinsic component of the universe that, by definition is invisible and unfeelable. This is where Buddhist faith comes into play for me, scientific theories lack emperical truth, but is supported by models and careful observation. Dharma also lacks imperical truth, but its what most comfortably fits in to scientific models of the universe and its inner workings. While Buddhist cosmology of the pali scripture doesn't go beyond the solar system and describes the earth as flat, Dharma does not require the universe to be a particular size or for the earth to be of a certain shape. The only prerequisite for the dharma's existance are that sentient beings can tap into its universal forces.

On that note, the dharma is a core concept of the Buddhist faith and is the most quantifiable core religious belief because has it has the most potential yet to be proven true. Dharma is what facilitates the ten dimmensions of superstrings and the various point particles that make up everything around you.

Aupmanyav

Be your own guru
None.
Eternal life for you: Horrendous without all people whom I love.
Making your own galaxy: Too much work.
Extinguishing the hells: Where will the evil go.
Smiting the stupid people: Why? They too are people.

I do not have to exploit dharma. Following dharma will get me love from my people. I will be happy with that.