• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qatari sociologist blames plastic surgery, blasphemy, homosexuals for Beirut blast in expletive-fill

Cooky

Veteran Member
I aim to have no opinions about my religion.

That means that you disregard your own mind for ink on a paper. That's sad... That you replace your own self with something foreign.

...I could never submit to something else so entirely. If I should, I would wish I had never been born at all, to be a slave in that way.

Piculet

But to pinpoint certain things he sees as the cause of evil, is his own opinion. Not from God, but from a man, who is not a prophet.

...So maybe someone could disagree and blame it on something else.
No. Those prohibitions are from Islam.

Piculet

Calling him a sociologist suggests that he's educated.
First of all, what he's saying shows he has at least some education on islam — which is what he's speaking about. Secondly, if he wasn't, the point is what he's saying. Focusing on his profession seems like purposeful deviation from the point he's making.

Not to mention how your comment — if it had any logic to it — would indicate someone with a profession valued in a society, should automatically be wiser than those without such a profession.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Not to mention how your comment — if it had any logic to it — would indicate someone with a profession valued in a society, should automatically be wiser than those without such a profession.
Except that @Father Heathen did not say it would make him unwiser, only less educated.

We can judge how unwise he is from the fact that he is trying to divert attention away from the real problem of unsafe storage conditions to scapegoat members of society he does not like. But that appears to be a separate matter

Piculet

But does he have any other education? Does he have anything more substantial than a personal opinion he attributes to religion?
Tom
It's not a personal opinion — at least not as a whole. Personally, I could not care less about anybody's education in a case like this. It is simply irrelevant. What you can't face, is that what he says, from the Islamic point of view, is true. It must be the fact that he's attacking your values of plastic surgery, eye-brow plucking, sodomy and cursing, that bothers you.

Piculet

I think his actions speak for themselves, we don't need to know what his motives are, although if I had to take a guess I'd say his motive is religion.
I mean, based on what are you claiming he wants to divert attention from the explosion? It did not even occur to me. You must have some valid reasoning — and preferably solid proof — for suggesting that.

I find nothing unusual about his speech. It's not a shocker and I don't know how you came by it and why it was on the news. Could be your news source is extremely biased and just wanted to make a case against Islam and needs to turn over stones to find things like these. I wonder why they don't quote religious scholars saying similar things? Why choose the "sociologist"?

danieldemol

Premium Member
I mean, based on what are you claiming he wants to divert attention from the explosion? It did not even occur to me. You must have some valid reasoning — and preferably solid proof — for suggesting that.
I did not say that he is diverting attention from the explosion, I said he wants to divert attention from unsafe storage conditions, but maybe he doesn't want attention from that. Either way whether he wants to or not he is diverting attention from those conditions to the people he doesn't like, and if he is doing something he doesn't want to do it still shows how unwise he is, which was the gist of the second half of my post.

I find nothing unusual about his speech.
I think that's precisely what makes it newsworthy, the fact that certain Muslims don't even find such disturbing opinions unusual.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
What you can't face, is that what he says, from the Islamic point of view, is true.
What you can't face is there is no Islamic point of view. There's just humans with opinions that they attribute to Islam.

Plenty of Muslims disagree with you and him both on this particular subject. There simply is no Islamic view on this.
Tom

Milton Platt

'Qatari sociologist blames plastic surgery, blasphemy, homosexuals for Beirut blast in expletive-filled online rant

• Qatari sociologist shouts and swears as he blames the Lebanese people for the blast
    • Claims unmarried women, plastic surgery angered Allah
DUBAI: A Qatari sociologist has blamed blasphemy and plastic surgery for the deadly Beirut blast that wiped out the entire port area of the city and killed more than 200 people.

In a video that has been widely shared across social media, Abd Al-Aziz Khazraj Al-Ansari begins his rant declaring “this is a message to our people in Lebanon,” before making claims that the Aug. 4, 2020 explosion was due to un-Islamic behaviour by the Lebanese.

“You all have attacked the law decreed by Allah for the world,” he added.

He said that Lebanese people were cursed when they travelled to the UK, US and France.'

Read more here: Qatari sociologist blames plastic surgery, blasphemy, homosexuals for Beirut blast in expletive-filled online rant

I thought it was the lesbians for sure...oh well....