• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qatar 'welcomes' transgender and gay fans at football World Cup, despite homosexuality ban

danieldemol

Premium Member
'A top Qatari World Cup official has said transgender and gay fans would be welcomed to the 2022 tournament but stressed that visitors would have to respect Qatari customs.

Homosexual acts are banned in Qatar but the law around transgender people is unclear and the issue is seldom addressed in public life or by authorities.

"I would like to assure any fan, of any gender, (sexual) orientation, religion, race to rest assured that Qatar is one of the most safe countries in the world - and they'll all be welcome here," chief executive of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Nasser al-Khater, said.'

Read more here: Qatar 'welcomes' transgender and gay fans at football World Cup, despite homosexuality ban

Messianic Israelite

'A top Qatari World Cup official has said transgender and gay fans would be welcomed to the 2022 tournament but stressed that visitors would have to respect Qatari customs.

Homosexual acts are banned in Qatar but the law around transgender people is unclear and the issue is seldom addressed in public life or by authorities.

"I would like to assure any fan, of any gender, (sexual) orientation, religion, race to rest assured that Qatar is one of the most safe countries in the world - and they'll all be welcome here," chief executive of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 Nasser al-Khater, said.'

Read more here: Qatar 'welcomes' transgender and gay fans at football World Cup, despite homosexuality ban

Liberalisation is the trend of the day.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

That may well be sincere, in a manner of speaking.

Oppressors who take their stances for granted, particularly if they feel that they have little choice due to circunstances of community (in this case, a state that officially adopts Sharia Law and outlaws homosexuality) will naturally feel justified in emphasizing even minuscule deviations from their supposedly natural stances towards more liberal behavior.

Apparently that is indeed what happens in Qatar.

LGBT rights in Qatar - Wikipedia

Also, I want to point out that one can hardly expect a place that officially adopts Sharia Law to describe itself as unsafe. Not without a lot of obvious shame, at least. The whole point of Sharia Law is to supposedly establish laws in accordance to God's will. It seems obvious to me that no Muslim will claim that Sharia Law does not promote safety.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
I couldn't care less about Euro-ball. Nor would I consider going a place as backwards as Qatar.

But what I am reading here is "Qatar welcomes my tourist dollars and applause, but not me."

Maybe that attitude is not because Qatar is a Muslim majority country. However, it looks like typical religious hypocrisy.
Tom

Prestor John

Get rid of the laws against homosexual acts and then we will talk.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Good morning Daniel.
It might be here to stay but when Yahweh’s kingdom is set up on earth all this nonsense will be done away with. There will be no LGBTQ.
Yahweh’s kingdom (as it is described by you) is mythical, there will always be LGBT people. And LGBT people are not nonsense, they are natural.

Shad

Veteran Member
It's about the money and prestige of hosting the event.. Qatar is relaxing enforcement of it's laws otherwise Fifa would have rejected Qatar's bid. Obviously Fifa like the money otherwise it would have made rejected the bid even after Qatar's lip service.

Messianic Israelite

Yahweh’s kingdom (as it is described by you) is mythical, there will always be LGBT people. And LGBT people are not nonsense, they are natural.

Good afternoon Daniel.
There’s nothing natural about being LGBTQ, believe me. People aren’t thinking right and it will be rectified when Yahshua returns. Those with homosexual thoughts will be cleansed and healed as would any other mental abnormality.

Messianic Israelite

Why would I believe you?

And what does natural have to do with the subject? Cooking and group prayer aren't natural either. Do you have a problem with those sorts of unnatural behavior?
Tom
Hi Colombia. Good afternoon.
Unlike common opinion concerning the evolution of man, it did not take humans thousands of years to discover fire. Adam and Eve undoubtedly were taught how to cook. They were also probably taught how to pray together. It is natural for human beings to want to heat their food, just as it should be natural for people to want to pray. What isn’t natural is sin. Homosexual actions are sinful. A homosexual is unable to have sex the correct way, therefore it is an abomination - according to the scriptures - for homosexual sex to take place.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Get rid of the laws against homosexual acts and then we will talk.
That would be my train of thought. The games might be 'safe', but what about outside the games?

Seems like an easy thing to say yet who would, in their right mind , enter a country hostile to their disposition?

Last edited:

Prestor John

That would be my train of thought. The games might be 'safe', but what about outside the games?

Seems like an easy thing to say yet who would, in their right mind , enter a country hostile to their disposition?
Makes no sense to me either.

I would never go to a country that didn't allow me my freedom.

danieldemol

Premium Member
Unlike common opinion concerning the evolution of man, it did not take humans thousands of years to discover fire. Adam and Eve undoubtedly were taught how to cook. They were also probably taught how to pray together. It is natural for human beings to want to heat their food, just as it should be natural for people to want to pray. What isn’t natural is sin. Homosexual actions are sinful. A homosexual is unable to have sex the correct way, therefore it is an abomination - according to the scriptures - for homosexual sex to take place.
To hell with unscientific opinions based on outdated scriptures written by primitive humans.

columbus

yawn <ignore> yawn
Makes no sense to me either.

I would never go to a country that didn't allow me my freedom.
Exactly.
It's the moral issues.

I'm a large, fit, white, male, us citizen. I wouldn't be concerned about my safety in Qatar. But neither would I go to a ball game in a country like apartheid South Africa. I just wouldn't.

This is easy for me to say, as I wouldn't go anywhere to watch a ball game. But I also remember, I think, when South Africa wasn't even allowed to play in FIFA games. Am I wrong about this?
Tom

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Good afternoon Daniel.
There’s nothing natural about being LGBTQ, believe me. People aren’t thinking right and it will be rectified when Yahshua returns. Those with homosexual thoughts will be cleansed and healed as would any other mental abnormality.
I don't care what your human hating brainwashing god says about my sexual orientation or gender identity. He can kiss my ***, to be blunt, and so can anyone else who has a problem with it. Mind your business or buzz off.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
So they had to be taught rather than them intrinsically knowing these things by default?
Which is a demonstration of man taking part in an activity that is not naturally known to them. Meanwhile gay people, like straight people, intrinsically know their sexual preference from a young age. Hmmm.