• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

QanonCausalties Support Group

Laika

Premium Member
The Guardian published an article today in which a survey shows 70% of Republicans do not think the U.S. election were free and fair. Before the election a poll indicated 35% of Republicans thought the election would be free and fair. This in itself is a profoundly alarming indicator on the state of American politics right now.

However, this is twenty-twenty, and the fun just doesn't stop there. :eek:

The Guardian then draws an link between this state of affairs and polling data which suggests that half of Trump supporters believe in the "Qanon Conspiracy Theory" in which "a cabal of satan-worshipping paedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotting against Donald J. Trump, with is [supposedly] fighting the cabel." (Wikipedia). This means that more than half of Trump supporters, based on this polling data, believe that leading Democrats are involved in child-sex trafficking. However, as we know from election day, polling isn't everything and these numbers should be tempered by trying to understand the depth and degree of that support as well as accounting for the inaccuracies inevitably involved in polling.

I don't really know how to respond to that or even where to begin. It is quite an assault on the assumptions of western rationality which have already been greatly tested by the onslaught of previous years "craziness". But having wrestled with my own experiences of extremism, and knowing that it is remarkably easy to be seduced by compelling narratives from a position of vulnerability, it is both frightening and pitiful to think of so many people have succumbed to this and are in need of help. It is frankly just tragic, but here we are.

So I feel somewhat obligated to share the link to the group on reddit called "Qanoncasualties" where people can get emotional support for those who, as they put it, have had "a loved one who's been taken in by Qanon conspiracy theory." Its not much, but you never know how much difference small acts of compassion can make. Sometimes it just good to know you aren't alone. Maybe you'll share it with others if you feel so inclined.

Obviously, please take this thread as an opportunity to discuss your experiences and views on the Qanon conspiracy theory. Perhaps you or someone you care about has been affected by it and you may be able to offer worthwhile advice. It certainly bring the peculiar unreality and irrationality of our times in to context.

Any thoughts ladies and gents? Perhaps you'd like to burst in to song and give us all a musical solo number to creepy church organ music to express the horror of the times? Just stay safe and stay as sane as you can. :D

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Well, the truth is that there are a lot of powerful people involved in sick and twisted things. There are child sex and torture rings, and apparently snuff film rings, involving powerful people. I've read enough stomach churning investigative reports about such things to be sure of that. This was becoming apparent due to things like the Marc Dutroux affair in Belgium, with the cover-up and massive corruption that went along with that. But the Q-Anon concept, specifically, is nonsense perhaps purposefully put out there to mislead people. This happens a lot in conspiracy circles. There's some truth to some of this stuff, but then bad actors come in to poison the well with disinformation and mislead people. Who knows if that is the case here, but it does happen. It's certainly not a partisan political issue (Republicans have their own sickness to answer for such as the likelihood that there really was a child rape ring in Omaha involving politicians during that that scandal that happened a few decades ago), and appears to be a global one.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not surprising given the other things Republicans are prone to believing about the Earth, evolution, homosexuality, climate, trickle-down Reaganomics, gender roles, and all the lies of Trump, it's not surprising there will be an abundance believing this outrageous nonsense.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Well, the truth is that there are a lot of powerful people involved in sick and twisted things. There are child sex and torture rings, and apparently snuff film rings, involving powerful people. I've read enough stomach churning investigative reports about such things to be sure of that. This was becoming apparent due to things like the Marc Dutroux affair in Belgium, with the cover-up and massive corruption that went along with that. But the Q-Anon concept, specifically, is nonsense perhaps purposefully put out there to mislead people. This happens a lot in conspiracy circles. There's some truth to some of this stuff, but then bad actors come in to poison the well with disinformation and mislead people. Who knows if that is the case here, but it does happen. It's certainly not a partisan political issue (Republicans have their own sickness to answer for such as the likelihood that there really was a child rape ring in Omaha involving politicians during that that scandal that happened a few decades ago), and appears to be a global one.

That's the problem with conspiracy theories, though.
If I spout enough of them, some of what I say will be true, no doubt. But at worst, that is just enough to convince some they should take all the unsubstantiated mud-slinging and pontificating with a modicum of seriousness.

What is actually needed is systemic reform on very small and boring things, like legal procedures and oversight.
Hardly sexy. But screaming 'Hillary ran a child sex abuse ring from a Pizza shop'?
Now you can get some clicks.

SeekerOnThePath

On a mountain between Nietzsche and Islam
Qanon is a really destructive conspiracy theory.
From the earliest period of the Trump presidency I strongly associated by Qanon and the Pepe Meme with the milieu to which Trump supporters majority gravitate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's the problem with conspiracy theories, though.
If I spout enough of them, some of what I say will be true, no doubt. But at worst, that is just enough to convince some they should take all the unsubstantiated mud-slinging and pontificating with a modicum of seriousness.

What is actually needed is systemic reform on very small and boring things, like legal procedures and oversight.
Hardly sexy. But screaming 'Hillary ran a child sex abuse ring from a Pizza shop'?
Now you can get some clicks.
It also overlooks how many people in positions of power and influence don't need these pedo-illuminaties. Of course some groups are doing this internationally, but those like Catholic priests didn't have to look far. Wealthy and powerful people have always been involved with some real ****, but I have serious doubts they operate as an organized global effort, more like drug cartels that have an international presence but it's not an organized global effort.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
It also overlooks how many people in positions of power and influence don't need these pedo-illuminaties. Of course some groups are doing this internationally, but those like Catholic priests didn't have to look far. Wealthy and powerful people have always been involved with some real ****, but I have serious doubts they operate as an organized global effort, more like drug cartels that have an international presence but it's not an organized global effort.

Yup. Having been heavily involved in some large global companies acting out in the open and with complete commitment, I can tell you it's super hard to get decisions made and implemented without major issues. The assumption that well-organised and coherent global conspiracies regularly occur seems to fly in the face of human experience.

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
Obviously, please take this thread as an opportunity to discuss your experiences and views on the Qanon conspiracy theory. Perhaps you or someone you care about has been affected by it and you may be able to offer worthwhile advice. It certainly bring the peculiar unreality and irrationality of our times in to context.

Any thoughts ladies and gents? Perhaps you'd like to burst in to song and give us all a musical solo number to creepy church organ music to express the horror of the times? Just stay safe and stay as sane as you can. :D

I'm not entirely well-versed on the Qanon conspiracy theory, although I have heard other conspiracy theories.

However, there is child sex trafficking in this world, and to the extent it goes on and continues to be a problem, it seems clear that they must have protection from somewhere. The existence of organized crime and its ability to bribe/coerce governmental officials has been common knowledge for at least a century. The Catholic Church was able to get away with and cover up pedophilia for quite a few decades before anything was ever really made public. It was the same with #metoo where many testified to sexual assault and abuse decades after the fact.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
There's hidden hands behind the scenes. It's not all out on the open. I guess you could say there's competing "factions", though. It's like the world is run by a bunch of criminal gangs. Basically is, honestly.

Heyo

Veteran Member
The Guardian published an article today in which a survey shows 70% of Republicans do not think the U.S. election were free and fair. Before the election a poll indicated 35% of Republicans thought the election would be free and fair. This in itself is a profoundly alarming indicator on the state of American politics right now.

However, this is twenty-twenty, and the fun just doesn't stop there. :eek:

The Guardian then draws an link between this state of affairs and polling data which suggests that half of Trump supporters believe in the "Qanon Conspiracy Theory" in which "a cabal of satan-worshipping paedophiles is running a global child sex-trafficking ring and plotting against Donald J. Trump, with is [supposedly] fighting the cabel." (Wikipedia). This means that more than half of Trump supporters, based on this polling data, believe that leading Democrats are involved in child-sex trafficking. However, as we know from election day, polling isn't everything and these numbers should be tempered by trying to understand the depth and degree of that support as well as accounting for the inaccuracies inevitably involved in polling.

I don't really know how to respond to that or even where to begin. It is quite an assault on the assumptions of western rationality which have already been greatly tested by the onslaught of previous years "craziness". But having wrestled with my own experiences of extremism, and knowing that it is remarkably easy to be seduced by compelling narratives from a position of vulnerability, it is both frightening and pitiful to think of so many people have succumbed to this and are in need of help. It is frankly just tragic, but here we are.

So I feel somewhat obligated to share the link to the group on reddit called "Qanoncasualties" where people can get emotional support for those who, as they put it, have had "a loved one who's been taken in by Qanon conspiracy theory." Its not much, but you never know how much difference small acts of compassion can make. Sometimes it just good to know you aren't alone. Maybe you'll share it with others if you feel so inclined.

QAnon is the proof that the Chemtrail conspiracy is true. Someone is spraying stupidity drugs.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I wonder if those Devil Dems use that "kiddie underground railroad" thingy I've heard about to smuggle their quarry?

SeekerOnThePath

On a mountain between Nietzsche and Islam
Qanon itself is like a syncretic newage religion incorprating lots of past conspiracy theories (such as Pizzagate) in a very far-right model which serves as an apologetic for Fascism and even Neo-Nazism, it's incredibly bizarre but it managed very well to spread even after it got banned off most platforms (of course banning conspiracies like that just help to reinforce the beliefs that the conspiracy is actually true).
I've seen among conspirators that it's still a highly contested thing but there are a large amount of it's followers that are simply desperate to hold onto it no matter how many times it falsely predicts things. It's a conspiracy with a very direct ideological scope but which also has strong Stockholm syndrome attached to itself. Seems incredibly vampiracle.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Yup. Having been heavily involved in some large global companies acting out in the open and with complete commitment, I can tell you it's super hard to get decisions made and implemented without major issues. The assumption that well-organised and coherent global conspiracies regularly occur seems to fly in the face of human experience.

I worked for a couple of very large corporations in my day. In the last one, to make a simple change to a production system, I had to fill out a long form which was checked by someone in India to verify I had entered all the junk properly, then sent to a group which was scheduling production changes to be integrated with all the other changes happening and then reviewed by 3 levels of management before I could make what could be a trivial 5 minute fix. The three levels of management came about because people, being people, made mistakes and each level of management was sure that the lower levels were incompetents. So approval went from only tech to 1 then 2 and then 3 levels of management.

Supercompetent gigantic conspiracies can't exist. Human nature sees to it.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
A separate thought. There is a massive amount of change going on in the world today. People get frightened and anxious because of this and look for meaning. Qanon and such provide meaning even if it's insane meaning.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The assumption that well-organised and coherent global conspiracies regularly occur seems to fly in the face of human experience.
Not really. Look up the Bilderberg conference, the WEF, Club of Rome and other such groups. Those are the people who set the "agenda" which then filters down to everyone else through government policies. 99% of people probably have never heard of them. You want to look at "NGOs" and "think tanks" specifically here. That's where much of the world's financial, military and so on goals seem to be stemming from. There's also groups like the World Bank and IMF, and their primary purpose appears to be that of stealing wealth from developing nations by giving them loans they can't possibly pay back when they're desperate.

One example of a government conspiracy that is true is the Project for a New American Century. They came up with its agenda largely in secret and then, once in a position to do so, enacted it as much as they could. I suppose it is still unfolding, or that some are still trying to carry it out.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

I think part of it might be due to things that might seem more incoherent and inexplicable. A lot of people were dissatisfied with the Warren Report after the JFK assassination. Some people didn't believe it or didn't they were getting the straight story or the complete story. That, in and of itself, doesn't prove a conspiracy, but it does provoke questions of "what are they hiding and why?" When people feel as if they're being misled or not being told the whole story, then their suspicions rise, and that's how conspiracy theories get started.

The trouble comes in when people attempt to fill in the blanks for themselves, applying supposition to gaps of information.

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
The kind of mentality of such people can easily be found on very cringeworthy places like this:

I just can't assimilate that we have a Satanic World Government

QAnon- Hoax or the Truth?

It's a good place to study psychology of hysterical people when they have a safespace with an active feedback loop for their paranoia and (often) bigotry.
I don't think it's fair to judge people for having such ideas. Conspiracy theories become more popular during hard times as people become more mistrustful of the powers that be (for good reason) and desperate. They're just regular human beings and subject to the same human psychology as all of us.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I hear a lot of conspiracy theories....faked Moon landings,
9/11 Truthers, the Military Industrial Complex, the oligarchy,
Trump's military coup, the Russian collusion, the commie
plot, the water engine suppressed by Big Oil, chemtrails,
the covid fraud, etc, etc.
The appear to span the political spectrum.

Heyo

Veteran Member
I hear a lot of conspiracy theories....faked Moon landings,
9/11 Truthers, the Military Industrial Complex, the oligarchy,
Trump's military coup, the Russian collusion, the commie
plot, the water engine suppressed by Big Oil, chemtrails,
the covid fraud, etc, etc.
The appear to span the political spectrum.
Interesting list. Even more interesting what you didn't list. Alien, shape-shifting lizards! Why didn't you list those? Do you have something to hide? Just asking questions.