• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Qaballah to me...

Tumah

Veteran Member
...is like describing riding a bicycle using words associated with pizza:

First you need to sit on the dough, while holding on to the two sauces. Then you put your feet on the cheeses by your feet and press down first on one side then the other. Build up speed and then your off baking all around the neighborhood.

You see, words related to pizza are already used for pizza. Why use them to describe your bike riding? Why use kaballistic terminology to describe qaballistic concepts?

Last edited:

Burl

* Note (from an alternate scholar)
"The Hebrew word Qabalah or Kabbalah, which roughly means "Received (wisdom)," has many alternative spellings. It has become an accepted practice to make these spelling differences meaningful by letting Kabbalah refer to the system of strictly Jewish mysticism with it's Hebrew texts, letting Cabala refer to the school of interpretation by Christian mystics and letting Qabalah refer to the Hebrew interpretation plus the complex extrapolations of Western Hermeticism. The actual spelling is Qoph Beth Lamed He or QBLH."​

BSM1

What? Me worry?
...is like describing riding a bicycle using words associated with pizza:

First you need to sit on the dough, while holding on to the two sauces. Then you put your feet on the cheeses by your feet and press down first on one side then the other. Build up speed and then your off baking all around the neighborhood.

You see, words related to pizza are already used for pizza. Why use them to describe your bike riding? Why use kaballistic terminology to describe qaballistic concepts?

And it could really get contentious if someone wants to know if your bike is a Chicago or a New York style pie.

Tumah

Veteran Member
Qabalah refer to the Hebrew interpretation plus the complex extrapolations of Western Hermeticism.
I think the Western interpretation of the Jewish textsl, not the Jewish interpretation of them.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
Lol, oddly my best ever was In Naples, 1962 when the SS Arcadia docked on it's way to Australia :)
not entirely sure it was Kosher though ......................

There was a "mystery meat" on mine and to this day I'm not if was Cocker Spaniel or German Shepard.