• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Q&A Challenge

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hope you all have a wonderful time where ever you are in the world :)

This OP is the chance you can have to know @Conscious thoughts better.
Some of you already know a fair bit about who i am, and what my beliefs are, but maybe there are unanswered question you may still have?

So feel free to ask those question you have not yet asked for some reason.
This is probably just as much challenge for me than it is for you, So i will use time for each question that may come in this thread. I accept any question, All questions must be within RF rules,

Some of RF members do ask difficult questions from time to time, so if you feel it take time before i do answer you back, then i am probably thinking about how to answer, or if i am even able to answer :)

Respect those who chose to ask question, and be polite.

nPeace

Veteran Member
Hope you all have a wonderful time where ever you are in the world :)

This OP is the chance you can have to know @Conscious thoughts better.
Some of you already know a fair bit about who i am, and what my beliefs are, but maybe there are unanswered question you may still have?

So feel free to ask those question you have not yet asked for some reason.
This is probably just as much challenge for me than it is for you, So i will use time for each question that may come in this thread. I accept any question, All questions must be within RF rules,

Some of RF members do ask difficult questions from time to time, so if you feel it take time before i do answer you back, then i am probably thinking about how to answer, or if i am even able to answer :)

Respect those who chose to ask question, and be polite.
I think you have a desire to know God. Would you say you know God? Do you think God can be known? If there is a way to know God, would you want to find that way?

SigurdReginson

Grēne Mann
Premium Member
If you could pick one thing to tell your younger self, what would it be?

Keep in mind, what we knew then is much less expansive than what we know now considering the experiences we've had since then - so certain concepts might not be internalized or even seem that important to who we were back then.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
I think you have a desire to know God. Would you say you know God? Do you think God can be known? If there is a way to know God, would you want to find that way?
@nPeace I would say at this stage in my life, i do have a wish to understand God better, So the answer to if i feel i know God, the answer is, No i do not yet know God in the way i believe is possible.

Do i think God can be fully known by humans? No, i do not think we can understand fully what God is, or how we as humans can benefit fully of Gods deep wisdom.

I belive spiritual practice is the way to know/understand God, so i do believe many of us are already seeking those answers in our practice.

Hope this gave a little more answer to my understanding of God :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you could pick one thing to tell your younger self, what would it be?

Keep in mind, what we knew then is much less expansive than what we know now considering the experiences we've had since then - so certain concepts might not be internalized or even seem that important to who we were back then.
I would tell the younger me that the hate i did carry in me as young did never carry with it any good, i would tell my younger self to forgive and to love all humans.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
If you where to pick a religious (tradition, mystical, so have you) and non-religious (philosophical, societal, so have you) worldviews which one(s) would you be interested in learning from and are there anything specific that may help you on your spiritual journey?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If you where to pick a religious (tradition, mystical, so have you) and non-religious (philosophical, societal, so have you) worldviews which one(s) would you be interested in learning from and are there anything specific that may help you on your spiritual journey?
difficult question :)

If you mean different than Sufism? i think Baha`i but i do not know if they have mystic part of their teaching.
I do not know if i can answer about non spiritual path

nPeace

Veteran Member
@nPeace I would say at this stage in my life, i do have a wish to understand God better, So the answer to if i feel i know God, the answer is, No i do not yet know God in the way i believe is possible.
You say better. So that means you know God, a little, yes?
What little do you know about God, and how did you come by that knowledge?

Do i think God can be fully known by humans? No, i do not think we can understand fully what God is, or how we as humans can benefit fully of Gods deep wisdom.
I agree to a degree. However, I think you added to my question.
My question was not, 'Do you think God can be fully known?' Rather, my question was, Do you think God can be known?
Do you think we can know anything about God? If so, how?

I belive spiritual practice is the way to know/understand God, so i do believe many of us are already seeking those answers in our practice.
I believe there are thousands of spiritual practices in every part of the world.
Do you believe that all these spiritual practices, are the way to know/understand God (you didn't say fully here)?
Or do you believe that only some do (you said many of us, so that doesn't seem to mean all. I'm not sure)?

Hope this gave a little more answer to my understanding of God :)
Thank you.
I think we are getting there, but if the Q & A Challenge is still opened, I have quite a few Q & A Challenges. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
You say better. So that means you know God, a little, yes?
What little do you know about God, and how did you come by that knowledge?

I agree to a degree. However, I think you added to my question.
My question was not, 'Do you think God can be fully known?' Rather, my question was, Do you think God can be known?
Do you think we can know anything about God? If so, how?

I believe there are thousands of spiritual practices in every part of the world.
Do you believe that all these spiritual practices, are the way to know/understand God (you didn't say fully here)?
Or do you believe that only some do (you said many of us, so that doesn't seem to mean all. I'm not sure)?

Thank you.
I think we are getting there, but if the Q & A Challenge is still opened, I have quite a few Q & A Challenges. :)
I do not claim to know God :) The little understanding i may have comes from the spiritual practice in sufism, But i would say my understanding is probably wrong when looked at from a different level of wisdom.

I can not say if we can know but i would use the word have some understanding. (knowing is to certain)
But in my understanding when we do spiritual practice, our wisdom about God would raise and we could understand some about God. (how much, i can not say)

I can only speak from my understanding of Sufism, so to answer about other religions or spiritual paths is not something i can do very clearly. (others who practice those religions or spiritual paths may answer more correct)
And i have no need or want to discredit other paths i do not practice

nPeace

Veteran Member
I do not claim to know God :) The little understanding i may have comes from the spiritual practice in sufism, But i would say my understanding is probably wrong when looked at from a different level of wisdom.
Okay. So you don't believe you know anything about God, but you believe the spiritual teachings given in Sufism.
You are trying to learn about God through Sufism, but you are not sure that what you are learning is the truth about God.
Is that summary accurate?

I can not say if we can know but i would use the word have some understanding. (knowing is to certain)
But in my understanding when we do spiritual practice, our wisdom about God would raise and we could understand some about God. (how much, i can not say)
I'm trying to understand.
Are you trying to say, you believe you understand, but you cannot know, because your understands may be wrong, and therefore you may not have any understanding at all, but just believe you do?

I can only speak from my understanding of Sufism, so to answer about other religions or spiritual paths is not something i can do very clearly. (others who practice those religions or spiritual paths may answer more correct)
And i have no need or want to discredit other paths i do not practice
I think I understand this part.
You believe that Sufism is a path which allows you to search for God. Is that correct?
So would I be correct to say that you choose Sufism because you felt it is the way to find or know about God?
Can I ask then, what made you feel that Sufism could lead you to an understanding of God?

I hope my questions are not proving to be too challenging. I am trying to understand Conscious thoughts better. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Okay. So you don't believe you know anything about God, but you believe the spiritual teachings given in Sufism.
You are trying to learn about God through Sufism, but you are not sure that what you are learning is the truth about God.
Is that summary accurate?

I'm trying to understand.
Are you trying to say, you believe you understand, but you cannot know, because your understands may be wrong, and therefore you may not have any understanding at all, but just believe you do?

I think I understand this part.
You believe that Sufism is a path which allows you to search for God. Is that correct?
So would I be correct to say that you choose Sufism because you felt it is the way to find or know about God?
Can I ask then, what made you feel that Sufism could lead you to an understanding of God?

I hope my questions are not proving to be too challenging. I am trying to understand Conscious thoughts better. :)
I believe the teaching through sufism has given me a form of understanding of God, But i am aware that my understanding when put in to words like here, can not explain or give a good answer to what God actually is.
So a better way to say is, i have belief in God but still missing a lot of wisdom to truly be able to understand God.
My faith is strong, my wisdom is not that strong :)

Ins Sufism, i am trying to learning who I am fully, because without the ability to understand the true being of who i am, i can not fully grasp the wisdom of God
I do not look for God outside of my being, but in my understanding God is everywhere and nowhere at the same time, if that make any sense?

nPeace

Veteran Member
I believe the teaching through sufism has given me a form of understanding of God, But i am aware that my understanding when put in to words like here, can not explain or give a good answer to what God actually is.
So a better way to say is, i have belief in God but still missing a lot of wisdom to truly be able to understand God.
My faith is strong, my wisdom is not that strong :)

Ins Sufism, i am trying to learning who I am fully, because without the ability to understand the true being of who i am, i can not fully grasp the wisdom of God
I do not look for God outside of my being, but in my understanding God is everywhere and nowhere at the same time, if that make any sense?
Yes, thank you.
Thi makes things clearer for me. :)
I now understand your concept of God. God is not an entity, but you are your own God. In other words, you believe God is within you, so that what you decide is God's guidance to you. What you are, or become, is God.

I think I got the first part correct, but perhaps the ending may not be explained accurately. Perhaps you can correct where I went wrong.
However, this is in harmony with my research on those religious that are similar to Left & Right Hand Path.

Which is what I was saying to you before - Awaken the Spirit within; Be your own God.
They evidently are both linked, and apparently trace their way back through centuries of history, and Buddhism... Buddha - awakened one..
There are many modern paths which have roots in these ancient practices too, such as, Thelema, Rosicrucianism, etc. Satanism is in there as well.

I believe that all these paths trace their way back to Genesis 3.
However, I thank you for your answers.
I don't think I got the answer to why Sufism, and not some other path, but perhaps I will learn that later. :)

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Yes, thank you.
Thi makes things clearer for me. :)
I now understand your concept of God. God is not an entity, but you are your own God. In other words, you believe God is within you, so that what you decide is God's guidance to you. What you are, or become, is God.

I think I got the first part correct, but perhaps the ending may not be explained accurately. Perhaps you can correct where I went wrong.
However, this is in harmony with my research on those religious that are similar to Left & Right Hand Path.

Which is what I was saying to you before - Awaken the Spirit within; Be your own God.
They evidently are both linked, and apparently trace their way back through centuries of history, and Buddhism... Buddha - awakened one..
There are many modern paths which have roots in these ancient practices too, such as, Thelema, Rosicrucianism, etc. Satanism is in there as well.

I believe that all these paths trace their way back to Genesis 3.
However, I thank you for your answers.
I don't think I got the answer to why Sufism, and not some other path, but perhaps I will learn that later. :)
Pst... :) I am not a God ;)
But i do believe i may know Allah from within my being, that is true.

If Allah is an entity or not that is not clear to me, but in my understanding God can be everything and nothing at the same time (dont ask me how God do that)

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
difficult question :)

If you mean different than Sufism? i think Baha`i but i do not know if they have mystic part of their teaching.
I do not know if i can answer about non spiritual path

If not mystic, would you still want to learn from bahai?

Nonreligious just don't see spirituality through religious jargon. You'd have to ask things like "what are your values.....what do you base your life on.....what is your purpose in life "

It's being interested in who they are and how they see themselves rather than if they follow a specific faith or "feel the power" of the cosmos.

You'd be surprised what we nonbelievers experience. Try not to define people by whether they are spiritual, and you can learn from anyone without seeing them through a limited lens.

"Namaste"...I honor the god within you.

Not just in his believers, no?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
If not mystic, would you still want to learn from bahai?

Nonreligious just don't see spirituality through religious jargon. You'd have to ask things like "what are your values.....what do you base your life on.....what is your purpose in life "

It's being interested in who they are and how they see themselves rather than if they follow a specific faith or "feel the power" of the cosmos.

You'd be surprised what we nonbelievers experience. Try not to define people by spirituality and you can learn from anyone without seeing them through different lens.

"Namaste"...I honor the god within you.

Not just for his believers, no?
I am interested in understanding Baha`i in the sense of what they do believe in, but i would not go as far as say i use it in my own practice of sufism :)

When it comes to non spiritual matter of life i do wish i understood non religious people better than i do today, because my understanding is very very limited.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I am interested in understanding Baha`i in the sense of what they do believe in, but i would not go as far as say i use it in my own practice of sufism :)

Hmm. I would say to learn about another religion or moral views of another in a spiritual way is to go beyond the superficial (knowledge of) and look at it from a sufiric ;) way.

In my opinion, I feel all people with spiritual conviction or moral conviction can learn deeply about another practice and beliefs, incorporate the lessons in their worldview, reflect on it without needing to practice and believe in it to do so.

It gets you out of your comfort zone (as a few people suggested). Tip to keep in mind?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Hmm. I would say to learn about another religion or moral views of another in a spiritual way is to go beyond the superficial (knowledge of) and look at it from a sufiric ;) way.

In my opinion, I feel all people with spiritual conviction or moral conviction can learn deeply about another practice and beliefs, incorporate the lessons in their worldview, reflect on it without needing to practice and believe in it to do so.

It gets you out of your comfort zone (as a few people suggested). Tip to keep in mind?
In my understanding of the sufi teaching, it is not needed to incorporate teachings from other paths in to the sufi teaching, but having an understanding of the different spiritual teachings from different religions are ok, because one can then more easy discuss how other understand the world/spiritual world

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
In my understanding of the sufi teaching, it is not needed to incorporate teachings from other paths in to the sufi teaching, but having an understanding of the different spiritual teachings from different religions are ok, because one can then more easy discuss how other understand the world/spiritual world

What I mean instead is seeing namaste in people, religious teachings, environment, so have you.

If you're seeing the spiritual value, god, or so have you in a person, in a teaching, in a belief, in yourself, and in your environment, that I would assume those are other ways to know about god. It's not about incorporating the actual teachings in your practice but seeing what their teachings mean to you.

For example, you don't have to see Jesus, Buddha, Muhammad, as manifestations of Allah for their message(s) to add some insight to your own spiritual journey. It's like trying to find the good in people even if you disagree with their opinions, behaviors, or so have you.

I think you'd be more open if you get to that point that you dont feel you're disrespecting yourself, god, so have you (imo) for taking spiritual interest in lessons and concepts outside what you're used to or spiritually agree with.