• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putting Your Faith And Your Responsibilities In Perspective

Skwim

Veteran Member

"Televangelist Kenneth Copeland, who said earlier this week that God told him the coronavirus would “be over much sooner than you think,” wants you to know that he feels your pain if you’ve lost your job because of the virus.

But also, you really need to keep giving money to your favorite ministry. (Did you think unemployment meant deferring what you owe the church? C’mon now…)

"- I'm getting laid off at work"

"- Hey, your job's not your source"
kenneth copland.png
"Whatever you do right now, don't you stop tithing!"

Fear of this coronavirus is faith in its ability to hurt you or kill you. The fear of “What are we gonna do? I’m getting laid off at work!”

Hey! Your job’s not your source. If it is, you’re in trouble. Jesus is your source! Whatever you do right now, don’t you stop tithing! Don’t you stop sowing offerings.

“Well, they won’t let us go to church!”

Well, email it in, then! Text together. Something. But you get your tithe in that church if you have to go take it down there and drop it off… stick it under the door or something. You get that tithe in that church, you get that offering in that church, and then you go home and do what you’re supposed to do,
[starve],

Naturally, Copeland has a ministry of his own, so no doubt this is a selfish request rather than some magnanimous gesture for Christianity at large.

Remember: This is a guy who said he couldn’t fly in a regular plane because it’s a “long tube with a bunch of demons.” Now, more than ever, he must be thinking about his private jet."
source and video

Anyone here buy this?

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
No, but isn't the "church" supposed to out there helping people?
You give what you can so the church can help those with nothing.

Obviously no guarantee the church won't put itself first any more than the government would but I assume that is the sentiment they are working off.

Still got to pay your taxes. Of course the church can't make you pay, the government can.

Erebus

Watching that video gave me the distinct impression that Copeland is actually a ventriloquist's dummy piloted by tapeworms.

I would urge people not to take the advice of a tapeworm puppet.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Don't knock the guy! Mr. Copeland is no more of a scoundrel than the President.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

"Televangelist Kenneth Copeland, who said earlier this week that God told him the coronavirus would “be over much sooner than you think,” wants you to know that he feels your pain if you’ve lost your job because of the virus.

But also, you really need to keep giving money to your favorite ministry. (Did you think unemployment meant deferring what you owe the church? C’mon now…)

"- I'm getting laid off at work"

"- Hey, your job's not your source"
View attachment 38094
"Whatever you do right now, don't you stop tithing!"

Fear of this coronavirus is faith in its ability to hurt you or kill you. The fear of “What are we gonna do? I’m getting laid off at work!”

Hey! Your job’s not your source. If it is, you’re in trouble. Jesus is your source! Whatever you do right now, don’t you stop tithing! Don’t you stop sowing offerings.

“Well, they won’t let us go to church!”

Well, email it in, then! Text together. Something. But you get your tithe in that church if you have to go take it down there and drop it off… stick it under the door or something. You get that tithe in that church, you get that offering in that church, and then you go home and do what you’re supposed to do,
[starve],
Naturally, Copeland has a ministry of his own, so no doubt this is a selfish request rather than some magnanimous gesture for Christianity at large.

Remember: This is a guy who said he couldn’t fly in a regular plane because it’s a “long tube with a bunch of demons.” Now, more than ever, he must be thinking about his private jet."
source and video

Anyone here buy this?

Just his congregation and I don't feel sorry for them one bit if they give to this man.