• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putting the JW Stand on Evolution in Perspective

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Keep your eyes open to those taking the lead to rule over you and yield to them.

It means to watch them but don't fight them.

OMG! I should write the Bible over.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Yield to men like that and submit to them [relatively - you know, like when they are right?] but if you obey them and they are wrong about what you obey, they will keep doing it for YOUR sakes!

But what if you are the one who is wrong...? Have it your way. No more to say.

Deeje

Avid Bible Student
Premium Member
Keep your eyes open to those taking the lead to rule over you and yield to them.

It means to watch them but don't fight them.

OMG! I should write the Bible over.

Yep..... "I did it MY WAY" :facepalm:

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Yep..... "I did it MY WAY" :facepalm:
Maybe you can't see that they are doing it THEIR way?
POlXATR.jpg
If I can make me a group effort will THAT put me in their class?

gnostic

The Lost One
If you know how to read between the words of The Watchtower magazine, it says that. If you will not come around to Jehovah's Witness thinking God doesn't care about you.
What a cockamamie belief! :eek:

If god truly think like this, then he’s a bloody sociopath.

There are so many isolated, poverty-stricken places where people never heard of Jehovah’s Witnesses, that would mean God would damn the young and old, by tens of thousands, by their hundreds of thousands, by the millions.

JW is a seriously f#####-up religion.

savagewind

Veteran Member
Premium Member
What a cockamamie belief! :eek:

If god truly think like this, then he’s a bloody sociopath.

There are so many isolated, poverty-stricken places where people never heard of Jehovah’s Witnesses, that would mean God would damn the young and old, by tens of thousands, by their hundreds of thousands, by the millions.

JW is a seriously f#####-up religion.
The JWs say that those people who never got the chance to convert will stay alive through the extermination and then be taught in Paradise. If they won't covert, then they die.

gnostic

The Lost One
The JWs say that those people who never got the chance to convert will stay alive through the extermination and then be taught in Paradise. If they won't covert, then they die.
Again, the Watchtower is still seriously messed up.

If they think this is the way to save soul, it is no wonder that conversions to JW are very low.

In Australia, they only make 0.76% of the Christian population, but that figure is only 0.4% (according to 2016 census) if you include all non-Christian religions (eg Judaism, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, etc) too.

tas8831

Another reminder for the Hockey guy:

YOU WROTE:

Too much diversity exists, for evolution to reasonably explain and account for. No undirected, mindless force could greatly mutate these organisms, and still maintain the balance in nature that exists.

I asked you to imagine that I understand biology but know nothing of evolution and to EXPLAIN what you wrote to me. And you didn't.
And he never will....

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
According to the Daily Mail, the JWs may be correct

All humans are descended from just TWO people and a catastrophic event almost wiped out ALL species 100,000 years ago, scientists claim
  • Genetic 'bar codes' of five million animals from different species were surveyed
  • The research deduced that humans and animals sprang from single pair
  • This happened after a catastrophic event a long time after the last ice age
Every person was spawned from single pair of adults living up to 200,000 years ago, scientists claim | Daily Mail Online

Typical case of sensationalism in mainstream media when reporting on papers they either don't understand or, for sensation/rating purposes, deliberatly misrepresent.

No, Humans Are Probably Not All Descended From A Single Couple Who Lived 200,000 Years Ago

TagliatelliMonster

Veteran Member
Gosh, I don't even remember posting that...I suppose I am getting old. :confused::)

ETA: BTW, I don't believe in the Daily Mail or the bible.

Wow... I only just now noticed how old that post was. I need to pay more attention.
Sorry about that, I usually refrain from digging up such old postings.