• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putting party before country and the type of communism we have

Shad

Veteran Member
So you're saying it's not the price that the companies place on their products that's the problem, it's the idiots that are willing to pay that price for the item they want?

That is a problem. People do pay what they think is worth the value. That does not mean their judgement is correct about the value objectively or that there is/is not a better value. However people do it all the time. People will pay more for a car with A/C even if they do not need it. They will pay for brand names which are no different than generics.

BSM1

What? Me worry?
That is a problem. People do pay what they think is worth the value. That does not mean their judgement is correct about the value objectively or that there is/is not a better value. However people do it all the time. People will pay more for a car with A/C even if they do not need it. They will pay for brand names which are no different than generics.

Yeah...and?

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
One can buy a car without AC these days?

Shad

Veteran Member
One can buy a car without AC these days?

Yes in the cheapest cars. Granted A/C has become part of the normal package for the average vehicles people buy/own. My first car, hand me down, had no radio and no a/c. No it wasn't a wagon nor horse.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Yes in the cheapest cars. Granted A/C has become part of the normal package for the average vehicles people buy/own. My first car, hand me down, had no radio and no a/c. No it wasn't a wagon nor horse.
My first vehicle (1960 Ford F100) had neither AC nor radio.
But I think Abraham Lincoln was still Prez back then.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Did you cross the Potomac Dukes of Hazzard style?
Who doesn't?
th

dfnj

I think part of the problem is perhaps that Americans are trying to leverage their dollars. Finance companies/banks are doing great. Folks are getting loans or going on payment plans that charge high interest.

The market charges what the consumer can bear. So more available money through loans/financing the more the market can charge for its product. So not only can the consumer pay more for the product but they also pay for the interest/finance charge.

It's not the parties, we are causing this ourselves through our consumer driven economy. If folks are going to purchase beyond their means, the market is all too happy to oblige.

For example I was looking at the latest IPad, $1800. That's a lot for something I can actually do without, however 0% down, $95 per month it becomes tempting.

Me, I think we might want to stop blaming others for our lack of control. No one has to buy any of that crap.

I thinking more along the lines of gasoline and the cost of food.