• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putting a Picture in Your Post

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
In light of the disabled picture insertion function on RF, here's a work-around.

View attachment 23055
D
aa.jpg

Disabled?
The above is @chinu 's avatar picture, the only jpeg in my system at this time. It is in my 'documents' section.

Although the 'Upload a file' link appears as if disabled, if you just click on it and wait, the whole application opens up as it always has.

Skwim

Veteran Member
DView attachment 23092
Disabled?
The above is @chinu 's avatar picture, the only jpeg in my system at this time. It is in my 'documents' section.

Although the 'Upload a file' link appears as if disabled, if you just click on it and wait, the whole application opens up as it always has.
I've noticed that if the image is taken from RF it will indeed post.

The picture here I took right off your post.
28623_211436b11429ddbce5548fe31658fb3b.jpg

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
I've noticed that if the image is taken from RF it will indeed post.

The picture here I took right off your post.
28623_211436b11429ddbce5548fe31658fb3b.jpg

OK.
So I have just sent a pic of our dogs over from our main computer. It is reduced to low resolution for faster transmission.
I'll click on 'Upload a File, wait until it activates, select this pic and then choose 'full image'.
Will you (or I ) be able to see it in my post?
THE HOUNDS.jpg

EDIT: Skwim, it works ok for me......
I don't understand your claim that this function is deactivated.... ?

Skwim

Veteran Member
OK.
So I have just sent a pic of our dogs over from our main computer. It is reduced to low resolution for faster transmission.
I'll click on 'Upload a File, wait until it activates, select this pic and then choose 'full image'.
Will you (or I ) be able to see it in my post?
View attachment 23102
EDIT: Skwim, it works ok for me......
I don't understand your claim that this function is deactivated.... ?
As I've said before, before the Flood we didn't have to have an image in our pictures library before pasting it in RF. We could go to just about any picture on the internet, click on it and select either COPY IMAGE or COPY IMAGE LOCATION and paste it directly into a post we were creating. No need to first bother putting it into our Picture Library. In some cases all I had to do was click on a picture, select COPY IMAGE, go to the post I was working on, and hit PASTE.

Last edited:

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
As I've said before, before the Flood we didn't have to have an image in our pictures library before pasting it in RF. We could go to just about any picture on the internet, click on it and select either COPY IMAGE or COPY IMAGE LOCATION and paste it directly into a post we were creating. No need to first bother putting it into our Picture Library. In some cases all I had to do was click on a picture, select COPY IMAGE, go to the post I was working on, and hit PASTE.

Ah........ I joined a couple of years after you.
But ever since the 'Upload a File' app was introduced I've never had a problem with sticking pics in posts.

On other more primitive web sites which don't have any pic facilities at all I use the 'tinypics' website to upload my chosen photo on to, and from there I can just show the internet-data to readers so that anybody interested can copy-paste the link in ordewr to see my exciting offering. If anyone needs thgis facility I will kick-start my main computer and dig it out for 'em.

But I think your advice will already have sorted everybody out.

Thankyou.