• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putin's Bridge To Crimea Damaged...Destroyed?

Suave

Simulated character
@Suave So the argument is that, because Ukraine has a handful of nazis, that justifies the rape, torture, and murder of civilians, including children?
Alley of Angels in Donetsk is where 66 children killed in 2015 by Ukrainian nationalists are buried,

main-qimg-104e8f00c93cb79db43963d812ab6c1d

Response to Faina Savenkova's open letter on the Donbass war: Macron washes his hands of it - Donbass Insider (donbass-insider.com)

Suave

Simulated character
What he "realizes" might be something at odds
with reality. But more likely is that what he says
isn't what he really thinks. Russians (& a few
others) are gullible people because of Putin's
reign on news there. But also, many lust for
conquest...to recapture the imagined glory of
the USSR empire. So it seems that most are
ignorant or evil.
What's worse than Nazis? Stalinists like Putin.
I disagree with the notion of Putin following Stalinism. I'd consider him to be a Russian nationalist populist autocrat opposed to American imperialism.

Suave

Simulated character
My point is that Zelensky is Jewish.
So Hitler also had Jewish blood,
Ancestry DNA testing on Hitler's relatives | GTLDNA AU

"On July 21, 2021, President Volodymyr Zelensky signed the Law on “Indigenous Peoples of Ukraine.” It stipulates that only Ukrainians of Scandinavian origin, as well as Tatars and Karaites, have “the right to enjoy fully all human rights and fundamental freedoms” (sic), thus depriving Ukrainians of Slavic origin of the same rights."

Ukraine Actually Has a RACIAL Law Zelensky Recently Signed - Europe Reloaded

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
That strikes me as a significantly problematic take considering the scale and magnitude of suffering and death that Nazism has historically caused.
I considered your view before I posted.
Currently, Nazis are a mere shadow of their progenitor.
But Putin seems Stalin reincarnate.
Even the most reprehensible groups sometimes fight for the right causes. Fundamentalist Islamic groups in Afghanistan who defended their country against foreign invasions are an example of this.
But Nazis & modern stalinists didn't & don't have the right cause.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I disagree with the notion of Putin following Stalinism. I'd consider him to be a Russian nationalist populist autocrat opposed to American imperialism.
His behavior is very Stalin, eg, purging even top minions.
BTW, I prefer Ameristanian imperialism to Russian imperialism.
(It's been better behaved lately.)

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
It's bizarre how some conservatives in the U.S. support Russia. I suppose it's because Trump licked Putin's boots so they feel obligated to follow suit?

Suave

Simulated character
So are you suggesting that the death of these children justify the death (plus torture and rape) of the children at the hands of the russian military?
Of course not. if Ukraine were to accept the Elon Musk peace deal along with the Russian Federation, then I'd rather doubt there'd be many interrogations or abuse of children by rouge soldiers in Donbas, Crimea or Ukraine.

Last edited:

Debater Slayer

Vipassana
Staff member
Premium Member
Of course not. if Ukraine were to accept the Elon Musk peace deal along with the Russian Federation, then I'd rather doubt there'd be many interrogations or abuse of children by rouge soldiers in Donbas, Crimea or Ukraine.

Elon Musk is divorced from the reality experienced by Ukrainians who are targeted by the Russian invasion. His habit of haphazardly and injudiciously opining on things of which he barely demonstrates any familiarity or knowledge should not be viewed as something to which Ukrainians have to give consideration.

Suave

Simulated character
Elon Musk is divorced from the reality experienced by Ukrainians who are targeted by the Russian invasion. His habit of haphazardly and injudiciously opining on things of which he barely demonstrates any familiarity or knowledge should not be viewed as something to which Ukrainians have to give consideration.

Elon Musk is warning Starlink users in Ukraine to turn on the system "only when needed," as they may be targeted in the ongoing war. Musk posted the warning on Twitter on Friday (February 25th, 2022), writing, "Starlink is the only non-Russian communications system still working in some parts of Ukraine, so probability of being targeted is high."

Last edited:

amorphous_constellation

It's bizarre how some conservatives in the U.S. support Russia. I suppose it's because Trump licked Putin's boots so they feel obligated to follow suit?

The word 'some' is very important here, as obviously it would not be all of them. Technically, a really hard-line conservative position in any country, is subjective to that country. If you are russian, that means really digging your heels in on traditional russian values, whatever those are. If you are american, then you do the same for our 'traditional' values, whatever those are claimed to be. So someone 'respecting' russia, while being american, is looking over the fence at their country, and respecting them for a kind of 'universal traditionalism,' which is fictional

To make another point, I would posit that many (but not all, to avoid generalizing) russians who protest and are imprisoned, are going to be left-leaning. They would generally want a freedom of the constriction of so many traditional values, and of the trade exchanges between material and ideas.

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Why are you acting like this is some mysterious crime? It was likely a strategic and justified move by Ukraine to defend itself from invasion and occupation.

You want so desperately for them to be the bad guys. :rolleyes:
Ukrainians are not the bad guys.
And by the way, my country has welcomed the most Ukrainian refugees.
So let's distinguish between the people and the government.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber

Why in the hell would they do anything but use it to wipe their rears? Why should they care what some rich prick rich foreigndr thinks? Why should they give their land up because of what some unethical ********* thinks they should do? His self driving cars hit parked objects and they're supposed to trust him for something far more complicated? He's not even a good manager of his business.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Why in the hell would they do anything but use it to wipe their rears? Why should they care what some rich prick rich foreigndr thinks? Why should they give their land up because of what some unethical douche thinks they should do?
I'd like a Ukrainian bomber to drop Elon Musk on that bridge.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'd like a Ukrainian bomber to drop Elon Musk on that bridge.
Me too. He seems a rotten person, as anytime I'm learning anything about him it's never anything good. There are probably many, many people who can do what he does, do it better, and without the lawsuits, abused workers, polluting space, and being where he is because we propped him up and put him there.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Me too. He seems a rotten person, as anytime I'm learning anything about him it's never anything good. There are probably many, many people who can do what he does, do it better, and without the lawsuits, abused workers, polluting space, and being where he is because we propped him up and put him there.
He's a ******* **** ******* *******.
Pardon me French.

Suave

Simulated character
Why in the hell would they do anything but use it to wipe their rears? Why should they care what some rich prick rich foreigndr thinks? Why should they give their land up because of what some unethical ********* thinks they should do? His self driving cars hit parked objects and they're supposed to trust him for something far more complicated? He's not even a good manager of his business.
Let us not forget to mention Starlink, satellite internet access to Ukraine courtesy of Elon Musk without whom Ukrainians would suffer life without the internet,