• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putin won't run for president

Why Putin said so

• Because he really respects (LMAO) the rules of limited time for presidency

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Because he has someone in mind for presidency who will do as he says

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Because he always lies as a rule and will actually become president again

Votes: 4 57.1%

• Total voters

Stanyon

WWMRD?
And so, out of his love and duty, Putin's (or his people) arranged for this journalist to be shot dead today: Russian journalist and Kremlin critic Arkady Babchenko shot dead in Kiev
Any proof Putin had any personal involvement/planning of his murder?
A few names:
John Lennon
John F. Kennedy
Martin Luther King
Malcom X
Medgar Evers
I know there are more but those came to mind oh, and this
They bombed al-Jazeera's reporters. Now the US is after our integrity | Wadah Khanfar | Opinion | The Guardian

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member

Yes, it's clear that the Russian government (or certain elements within it) has committed crimes. I would not say that they're "Russia's crimes," although I guess that's just a matter of perception.

Without dodging or handwaving anything, I might question what kind of conclusions we can draw from outlining these specific crimes under discussion. Could it be Russian mafia at work, international organized crime? If that's the case, that would be bad enough, but would it be enough to prove some sort of nationalistic agenda which could threaten global security and the balance of power?

I'd concede that the Russians are no choir boys, but the fact is that they don't see the world as we do in the West. Sure, we can call them a bunch of dirty dogs and impose sanctions on them, which might make our government look good and noble in doing the right thing. But then what? Another Cold War?

I doubt that Russia will do anything too overtly aggressive. They'll play the waiting game and watch US allies as they slowly drop out of the fold. If the US pushes against Russia too hard, then countries on the fence may vacillate. That's what happened in the first Cold War when Britain and France were ready to bail in the 1950s because the US was too harsh and rigid in its policies. They felt the US was acting too unilaterally and not being a team player, and Putin's hope may be that the Western alliance system may eventually implode.

And that may yet happen, especially now, what with all the talk about Trump alienating our allies and so forth. Europe may have to stand against Russia alone (especially if the US government is weakened or paralyzed by political infighting).

There are other wild cards in this, such as India and China. India has been a longtime friend of Russia, and China could go either way at this point. A lot of Westerners seem oblivious to the fact that huge parts of the world are kind of fed up with the sanctimonious West and the prevailing attitude that we know what's best for the rest of the world.

exchemist

Veteran Member
Any proof Putin had any personal involvement/planning of his murder?
A few names:
John Lennon
John F. Kennedy
Martin Luther King
Malcom X
Medgar Evers
I know there are more but those came to mind oh, and this
They bombed al-Jazeera's reporters. Now the US is after our integrity | Wadah Khanfar | Opinion | The Guardian
This makes interesting reading: The 'unpatriotic' post on Facebook that meant I finally had to flee Russia

Putin's love for his country shines through, does it not?

Stanyon

WWMRD?
This makes interesting reading: The 'unpatriotic' post on Facebook that meant I finally had to flee Russia
Putin's love for his country shines through, does it not?
Wait and see
The investigation isn't over and it seems some in the Ukraine and the media are already blaming Russia, Russia on the other hand is urging a full investigation by the Ukraine and is offering their help if they request it. Would it make sense for someone that is guilty of a crime to not only demand a full investigation by the very same people that are convinced they are guilty but also offer help with the investigation?

Seems some have a short memory but we have seen this show before, when it comes to the skirpal poisonings Russia was blamed from the beginning but as time went on the narrative crumbled:

The 'Skripal poisoning': Lies Can Lead To War | Foreign Policy Journal

Skripal poisoning: deleted Foreign Office tweet leads to awkward questions | UK news | The Guardian

Britain on Defensive in Skripal Novichok Case - SPIEGEL ONLINE

The Russians seem to have a sense of humour about it all:
Russian nightclub sparks fury by offering England World Cup fans cocktail named after Novichok nerve agent

Last edited:

exchemist

Veteran Member
Wait and see
The investigation isn't over and it seems some in the Ukraine and the media are already blaming Russia, Russia on the other hand is urging a full investigation by the Ukraine and is offering their help if they request it. Would it make sense for someone that is guilty of a crime to not only demand a full investigation by the very same people that are convinced they are guilty but also offer help with the investigation?

Seems some have a short memory but we have seen this show before, when it comes to the skirpal poisonings Russia was blamed from the beginning but as time went on the narrative crumbled:

The 'Skripal poisoning': Lies Can Lead To War | Foreign Policy Journal

Skripal poisoning: deleted Foreign Office tweet leads to awkward questions | UK news | The Guardian

Britain on Defensive in Skripal Novichok Case - SPIEGEL ONLINE

The Russians seem to have a sense of humour about it all:
Russian nightclub sparks fury by offering England World Cup fans cocktail named after Novichok nerve agent

They certainly do! To the extent of putting out something like fourteen different and conflicting accounts of what they pretend to claim happened. It is perfectly plain, from this display of lack of seriousness, that they know the world knows they are lying, and that they do not care one way or the other. Their sole object to set different hares running so that nobody feels they can trust anything in the news, from any source.

And then they employ shills, putting forward opinions much like yours, to do the same sort of thing for them online. :D

Stanyon

WWMRD?
They certainly do! To the extent of putting out something like fourteen different and conflicting accounts of what they pretend to claim happened. It is perfectly plain, from this display of lack of seriousness, that they know the world knows they are lying, and that they do not care one way or the other. Their sole object to set different hares running so that nobody feels they can trust anything in the news, from any source.

And then they employ shills, putting forward opinions much like yours, to do the same sort of thing for them online. :D

So you have nothing other than "they are making it up" and then making baseless claims against myself and unknown shadow folk.
Yulia just did an interview recently and it was reported she used coded language that implicated Russia. I guess western media sources have Little Orphan Annie secret decoder rings to explain what the alleged code means, maybe just another crummy commercial for western Russophobic propaganda? Many Western media outlets and politicians have shot the eyes out of their credibility with 120mm cannons!

exchemist

Veteran Member
So you have nothing other than "they are making it up" and then making baseless claims against myself and unknown shadow folk.
Yulia just did an interview recently and it was reported she used coded language that implicated Russia. I guess western media sources have Little Orphan Annie secret decoder rings to explain what the alleged code means, maybe just another crummy commercial for western Russophobic propaganda? Many Western media outlets and politicians have shot the eyes out of their credibility with 120mm cannons!
I shall be content to let readers decide the relative merits of your arguments and mine. :D

Stanyon

WWMRD?
True. It was a ruse to foil a Russian assassination plot.
That is the claim at least, no facts yet. Ever wonder how much of all this recent anti-Russia narrative has to do with the gas pipeline that the west wants control of so badly?

Last edited:

Estro Felino

Believer in free will
Premium Member
Tell us why you love him so much?

1) He is a true defender of European Nationalism
2) He has always showed love towards my country
3) He wants to protect Europe from terrorism
4) He wants to protect the Slavic countries from mass immigration
5) My country adores him for all that I mentioned