• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Putin: I Am Against Mandatory Vaccination And It Should Not Be Introduced In Russia

jonathan180iq

In regards to the whole of the COVID kerfuffle, I think it's been interesting to watch the general public, with it's ability to have instant access now to global news, react to the process of Science, which is slow, meticulous, often wrong, but ever self-correcting...

New things are scary. Then we adapt. Then we allow new normalcies to settle, then we overcome and move on.

While many parts of this year have been ****ing nuts, there's been so much good when you turn around and see it all.

Also, get vaccinated, ya weirdos.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Care about the wellbeing of others?

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here.....

Why?

Do you ever see people out in the real world?

Many are rude, nasty, self serving , sociopathic, narcissist, and arguably psychopathic individuals.

Why should anyone be expected nor want to even care one way or another about others?

US States With the Rudest People

People Are Naturally Good, but Groups Are Not (Really)

Why in the world, should one bother being a brothers keeper in such a nasty rude world?

Because eventually kindness does catch on. Even if it takes a lifetime of trying.

You don't have to be your brothers keeper, keep your family safe and vaccinated that's all that honestly matters, don't overly care too much about your neighbor unless they ask for help. Otherwise your just harming yourself with preoccupation.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist

Why?

Many are rude, nasty, self serving , sociopathic, narcissist, and arguably psychopathic individuals.

Why should anyone be expected nor want to even care one way or another about others?

Why in the world, should one bother being a brothers keeper in such a nasty rude world?
Well, that's sort of a worm's-eye view of the world that I don't share. However, neither do I own a pair of rose-colored glasses.

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
I am a thousand times more likely to take the advice of President Putin, than that of Anthony Fauci, Patron Saint of Wuhan.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I am a thousand times more likely to take President Putin’s advice than I am to take the advice of Anthony Fauci, Patron Saint of Wuhan.
And I'm a thousand times more likely to take the evidence put forth by the researchers versus what politicians say and/or what some here at RF may say. Case in point: vaccines historically have probably saved millions of lives.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
(sarcasm): Let's hear it for the right of people to infect and hill me with smallpox, polio, COVID and other diseases. Let's hear it for the right of parents to allow their children to get diseases that infect and cause pain to others. People have the right to inflict pain and misery on others.
(end sarcasm)
Putin is our enemy. His regime murders people and denies people their rights.

I would rather have good behavior voluntary as Macron said, but that's another matter.

Jeremiah Ames

Why?

each of us must, individually, choose kindness

Aštra’el

Aštara, Blade of Aštoreth
So you hate science
I do not understand why anyone would “hate” science. I love science. It is our greatest means of understanding this universe and utilizing its power.

and prefer the voice of our enemy. Sad.
Vladamir Putin is not my enemy. He’s kind of a hero to me actually. I have always looked up to him. So yes, his voice carries much more weight to me than Fauci’s.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Because eventually kindness does catch on. Even if it takes a lifetime of trying.

You don't have to be your brothers keeper, keep your family safe and vaccinated that's all that honestly matters, don't overly care too much about your neighbor unless they ask for help. Otherwise your just harming yourself with preoccupation.
I think its dependent on how people are being treated by others in life.

Some really don't care if others are prone or not because there's no real reason to care about another stranger who likely wouldn't give you the time of day if they passed in the street.

It may be a cultural or demographic issue depending on where you live and how conditioned the public are around each other.

People need a reason, but also a motive that justifies a community spirit of helping people you don't know.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
I think its dependent on how people are being treated by others in life.

People need a reason, but also a motive that justifies a community spirit of helping people you don't know.

You are right that some people do not care one way or the other. I think it is because they have so much on their own plate, that they can't give the time of day to another, very rarely is it blatant evil/greed.

I've been in that place of darkness and helplessness. If you can't find a way out to help yourself, you'll never be able to focus on helping others.

Edit: I think we all have a community driven spirit, very few humans will turn down an offer of assistance, that in itself is community.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
You are right that some people do not care one way or the other. I think it is because they have so much on their own plate, that they can't give the time of day to another, very rarely is it blatant evil/greed.

I've been in that place of darkness and helplessness. If you can't find a way out to help yourself, you'll never be able to focus on helping others.

Edit: I think we all have a community driven spirit, very few humans will turn down an offer of assistance, that in itself is community.
It's why I included the link that most people are intrinsically good as individuals, but not so within groups.

I think there needs to be more than simply, "Just think of your fellow man".

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Yea. I like it.

If your all set fine, then everything else follows nicely afterwards.

It also depends on the circumstances.

In a sinking ship for instance (something
I'm all too familiar with the logistics of), I will place the ship above everyone else, than the people around me, then myself. Sometimes you have to reverse things, for the betterment of the community (ship). Because if it goes, everyone goes (kinda like our earth).