• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Put on your oven mitts folks, you are going to need them:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
At any rate, pseudo-sciences are not necessarily false. I know, you never said they were. I just want to make a point though.

Take ghosts for instance. Not a shred of scientific evidence. However they could exist and just sense human thoughts and don't show up for the cameras.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
At any rate, pseudo-sciences are not necessarily false. I know, you never said they were. I just want to make a point though.

Take ghosts for instance. Not a shred of scientific evidence. However they could exist and just sense human thoughts and don't show up for the cameras.
The same could be said for Universe Farting Pixies. There is a reason that rational people do not give either much credence.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
The same could be said for Universe Farting Pixies. There is a reason that rational people do not give either much credence.

Of course, there are rational people who claim to have seen ghosts. I met a math professor in college who claimed there are a lot of ghosts in Great Britain.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member

Everything is possible until otherwise demonstrated, but that does not make for very reliable worldviews.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
People can be rational in part of their lives and irrational in another. Or perhaps he was pulling your leg.
I've known quite a number of highly irrational mathematics students and professors.
Everything is possible until otherwise demonstrated, but that does not make for very reliable worldviews.
OK. Things to keep in mind. Also to keep in mind, we don't have laboratories to test everything.

Last edited:

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
OK. Things to keep in mind. Also to keep in mind, we don't have laboratories to test everything.

There are internal inconsistencies with seeing ghosts, for example. How do photons interact with them? Doesn't that mean they are subject to electromagnetism? Doesn't that make them physical? We can start there.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
We know that. That still makes beliefs in ghosts on the same order as believing in fairies. The rational approach is to solve the problems that are solvable first.
There are internal inconsistencies with seeing ghosts, for example. How do photons interact with them? Doesn't that mean they are subject to electromagnetism? Doesn't that make them physical? We can start there.
Brilliant observations.

ecco

Veteran Member
It's the 21st Century. The USA is behind in teaching the sciences. People, like the producers of the OP film, denigrate science.

Treason is defined, in part, as:
the crime of betraying one's country

We should charge these people with treason.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
As sarcasm, that is uncalled for.
Common sense is not "brilliant" so
again, uncalled for.
I am a smart person so I have no excuse except possibly social Asberger's Syndrome; I really did think their comments were smart. Maybe I was just trying to be their friends.

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
I do apologize, and will add that, unlike me, you are a nice person.
I was totally schizophrenic in 1999/2000 and since then I've been working on sanity and conversation skills really hard. I'm proud of how far I've come and I've got a long ways to go!

Remember, when communicating, be honest, direct and respectful.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I was totally schizophrenic in 1999/2000 and since then I've been working on sanity and conversation skills really hard. I'm proud of how far I've come and I've got a long ways to go!
Remember, when communicating, be honest, direct and respectful.

I appreciate the progress you have made.
I know a person who did have crisis periods with scizophrenic episodes, and did control it well for 17 years.
Seemed to me it was Not so much conversation skills lacking, but more like social skills lacking.
I find ' honest, direct and respectful ' is what the Proverbs of God's thinking is all about.
As we move through time we all need an attitude adjustment, a proper mental position toward people.
- Proverbs 2:6-11 for example.
May both mental an physical health become a blessing for you.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Of course, there are rational people who claim to have seen ghosts. I met a math professor in college who claimed there are a lot of ghosts in Great Britain.

I can't help but wonder if those rational people really encountered demons pretending to be ghosts of dead people.
Since the dead know nothing being unconscious according to Ecclesiastes 9:5, know nothing but a sleep-like state as Jesus and the Psalms teach at John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4 then there are No ghosts.

Audie

Veteran Member
I can't help but wonder if those rational people really encountered demons pretending to be ghosts of dead people.
Since the dead know nothing being unconscious according to Ecclesiastes 9:5, know nothing but a sleep-like state as Jesus and the Psalms teach at John 11:11-14; Psalms 115:17; Psalms 146:4 then there are No ghosts.
I find it interesting that "demons" are such a feckless lot.