• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Put on your oven mitts folks, you are going to need them:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There are foramnes, and a lot of bones are hollow.

The thing about moving water, tho, is pretty obscure.
I'd like an explanation too.

You also missed Anthroposophy is the philosophy founded by Rudolf Steiner that postulates the existence of an objective, intellectually comprehensible spiritual world, accessible to human experience through inner development.

So, sure, the guy is a woomeister.

BUT, that does not mean, as you suggest (ad hom, tsk tsk)
that all of his work is bunk.
The only work of his that I am questioning is his "flow" claims. Holes in bones, what is that even supposed to mean? All he can do is to post links to a book. I did look at it and he has copies of old illustrations of how water flows in streams, at least in the free parts, I did not see anything "pioneering" at all nor can he name anything that fits that claim.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
You also missed Anthroposophy is the philosophy founded by Rudolf Steiner that postulates the existence of an objective, intellectually comprehensible spiritual world, accessible to human experience through inner development.
OK, another pseudoscience, but I don't think the main content of the book is about any pseudoscience.

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
What are you even talking about? This claim is so vague as to be worthless.
Right, again:

Do you believe that animal bones have perforations that match the directions water would flow through them if they were liquid?

If yes, how do you explain it?
If no, how do you back that up?

Apparently your answer is no and that you don't need to back it up, so we are at an impasse since Theodore Schenk claims it is yes and that he has backed it up. And no, he doesn't attempt an explanation. It just struck me as amazing!

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Right, again:

Do you believe that animal bones have perforations that match the directions water would flow through them if they were liquid?

If yes, how do you explain it?
If no, how do you back that up?

Apparently your answer is no and that you don't need to back it up, so we are at an impasse since Theodore Schenk claims it is yes and that he has backed it up. And no, he doesn't attempt an explanation. It just struck me as amazing!
I need an example of what you are talking about. Once again vague claims without specific examples are worthless. I do not know of any. My bones are pretty solid, I don't now about yours.

Polymath257

Think & Care
Staff member
Premium Member
Bones have 'perforations' through which blood vessels go. Now, why would blood vessels be linked with fluid flow?

Audie

Veteran Member
OK, another pseudoscience, but I don't think the main content of the book is about any pseudoscience.

uh, yeah, I already said that in the part you edited out.

So, sure, the guy is a woomeister.

BUT, that does not mean, as you suggest (ad hom, tsk tsk) that all of his work is bunk.

It does, however, suggest a person should
be cautious about endorsing his work.

Are you?

Audie

Veteran Member
Right, again:

!

Nobody believes that, not even your good doctor because it makes no freakin' sense!!!!!

bones are never liquid!!!

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
OK. I agree it means you should be cautious with this author. I'm checking out the perforations claim now.

Last edited:

robocop (actually)

Premium Member
There are lots of wonders of nature that match fluid motion like the horns of the african kudu antelope matching water vortexes. I'm not claiming that they are unexplainable without God or something though.

Please note that after checking all the references out in my book to bones, I do not claim that they show anything path-forcing about understanding nature but at least they are interesting.

On pg. 24 of Sensitive Chaos there is a diagram of a bone that says "Spiraling surfaces can be found in the structure of many bones; human humerus." OK I get a tumbleweed for that one.

This one on pg. 26 is pretty good. It has a picture of a bone and says, "The 'lines of flow' on the surface of the bone can be followed right into the interior, where they end in the spongy bone structures. Human femur (after J. Wolff). After the caption it says, "In the quiestcent, finished forms of vessels, muscles, ligaments, sinews and bones the same flowing movement can be detected which brings these organs to their varying degrees of density and solidification in such a way that finally in each single organ the underlying spiraling process remains clearly recognizable. And do we not see this flowing movement - in rhythmic sequence - even in the great variety of movements of human limbs?..." OK it doesn't quite say what I wanted.

I'm pretty sure pg. 53 is the one we want, but it is about trees, so we are forced to consider whether these perforations can form while the tree is growing somehow, like annular rings, and that is where my argument might unravel, I don't know, but make your own decision.

The figure is a "Spongy bone structure in the human hip joint."

"The shapes to be seen in the bark and grain of many kinds of wood are like solidified images of turbulent currents in water (Plates 34, 36, 38). Not that the actual movement of the liquids in the wood is turbulent; rather it is as though these formations were the mark left by the invisible streaming of currents and forces in the trees. Plate 34 shows the arrangement of knots in the trunk of a cypress tree. Plate 38 shows the trunk of a mountain oak, and Plate 36 the grain in the trunk of an olive tree." That's all I've got, as it turns out.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
There are lots of wonders of nature that match fluid motion like the horns of the african kudu antelope matching water vortexes. I'm not claiming that they are unexplainable without God or something though.

Please note that after checking all the references out in my book to bones, I do not claim that they show anything path-forcing about understanding nature but at least they are interesting.

On pg. 24 of Sensitive Chaos there is a diagram of a bone that says "Spiraling surfaces can be found in the structure of many bones; human humerus." OK I get a tumbleweed for that one.

This one on pg. 26 is pretty good. It has a picture of a bone and says, "The 'lines of flow' on the surface of the bone can be followed right into the interior, where they end in the spongy bone structures. Human femur (after J. Wolff). After the caption it says, "In the quiestcent, finished forms of vessels, muscles, ligaments, sinews and bones the same flowing movement can be detected which brings these organs to their varying degrees of density and solidification in such a way that finally in each single organ the underlying spiraling process remains clearly recognizable. And do we not see this flowing movement - in rhythmic sequence - even in the great variety of movements of human limbs?..." OK it doesn't quite say what I wanted.

I'm pretty sure pg. 53 is the one we want, but it is about trees, so we are forced to consider whether these perforations can form while the tree is growing somehow, like annular rings, and that is where my argument might unravel, I don't know, but make your own decision.

The figure is a "Spongy bone structure in the human hip joint."

"The shapes to be seen in the bark and grain of many kinds of wood are like solidified images of turbulent currents in water (Plates 34, 36, 38). Not that the actual movement of the liquids in the wood is turbulent; rather it is as though these formations were the mark left by the invisible streaming of currents and forces in the trees. Plate 34 shows the arrangement of knots in the trunk of a cypress tree. Plate 38 shows the trunk of a mountain oak, and Plate 36 the grain in the trunk of an olive tree." That's all I've got, as it turns out.
So all you have is "this looks like that" but nothing else. This is pseudoscience and not actual science. How would he test his beliefs? What possible observations would falsify them? What predictions can be made with these beliefs? If your answer is "I don't know" then all you have is an attempt to amaze the ignorant.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
This is probably a good time to tell you I have a 134 IQ but am a poor reader. I will try to be graceful by saying I accept that I am wrong already.
We cross posted. So on reflection do you see that he has nothing? Science is a lot more than "Hey! This looks like that, and I can blow bubbles with my nose!"

Jose Fly

Fisker of men
I think that in the case of Kent Hovind that he truly believes. He appears to be rather severely mentally impaired, with the one talent of an ability to appeal to the ignorant. I have seem him fail to understand the simplest concepts in the sciences, even though others have tried time after time to teach him those concepts. And his amazing incompetence in his own defense for his tax evasion charges appear to confirm this lack of intelligence. If it was just a show he would have realized that the IRS does not play chicken. He would have made an agreement and avoided prison time. Of course Kent is not above profiting from the lack of education of his followers. He is on a mission from God after all:confused:
Yeah, I think Hovind belongs in his own category altogether. Sometimes I wonder how the guy manages to even get through day to day routine life.