• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Purpose

Jane.Doe

I don't think I'm twisting LDS beliefs. I am being honest, my understanding of LDS beliefs includes:

* The Bible is incomplete revelation from God
* Where LDS beliefs seems to contradict the Bible, LDS is correct
* Unrepentant sinners can escape Hell after death
* Saved Christians are incomplete, and would do better in eternity if they leave evangelical/conservative churches to become LDS members
* LDS controls timing of marriage (for example, two-year mission orders) and food (for example, former restrictions on caffeine) but is not disobeying, somehow, the warning that the true church of Jesus Christ does not control marriage or food, per the Bible
* Etc.

Are you saying I don't understand LDS, I do understand LDS or I'm lying?
Pretty much everything you just said is a misrepresentation and disrespectful. But as @Sir Doom pointed out, we are derailing his thread. Would you like to continue this conversation via PM?

BilliardsBall

Veteran Member
Whatever. It flat out doesn't make any difference to me how you see Mormonism. I know you're misguided; I know you've not put forth any effort whatsoever to actually understand why Mormons believe as they do, and quite frankly, I'm starting to tire of your self-righteous, condescending attitude. I think it's time we just stopped trying to communicate with each other. You can continue if you want to, but I'm done trying to have a civil conversation with you. I've had it with your insults. Go preach to somebody else. I'm sure you can find plenty of people who don't mind listening to some stranger on the internet tell them they believe in the "wrong" Jesus, but I'm not one of them. See you in Heaven, pal. Till then, I'm done with you.

* The effort put forth was continuing our conversations, honestly, telling you the truth in love, and inviting you to compare--and contrast--the Bible and LDS documents.

* I've remained civil, even friendly.

* I've asked you, even recently, not to tell me what I think. Above you say "I'm misguided, lazy in effort," when my desire and thoughts are much different.

* If you're a saved Christian, as I am, our fellowship is here and now, and the world we'll know we belong to Christ as we love one another here, not in Heaven.

* I'm delighted you are confident you will enter the Third Heaven--that is another Bible/LDS conflict I both understand and want to help you resolve.