• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Purpose of life.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
ChrisP said:
Heheheh yeah it's a funny way of thinking about things. But what if we're part of God then we were always there too :)
And that would mean that I could do what I may, because I'm God, but it also would mean that I should be OLD enough to know better! ;)

EnhancedSpirit

High Priestess
jeffrey said:
And that would mean that I could do what I may, because I'm God, but it also would mean that I should be OLD enough to know better! ;)

Old enough to know better, and still too young to care.:p

Squirt

jeffrey said:
Squirt, never said that. I at one time said all religions might have some of it right, and that God uses different means to reach different people. But I'm not even sure about that anymore. Something created this world. But what and WHY is the point of this thread.
Oh, okay. I guess I misunderstood you. Why did God create this world and us? I believe that we were created in order that we might have joy and achieve our greatest potential. I believe that this earth was created in order to enable us to do that.

Ezzedean

jeffrey said:
go back to the question about your sick son and answer as if there is no God, or maybe you are God.

Well I believe that if there was no God, there would be no me, therfore I'd have no son, and if I was God, I would probobly have the knowledge he has now, and do the exact same thing he's doing today which is letting life take it's course.

Peace
Ezz

ButcherGEIN

jeffrey said:
What is the purpose of life? Why are we here? Is it instinct to survive? What is happiness? Is that the only reason to want to live? What good does our individual life do? Some will make a difference, but most won't. People die every second, but does anybody really care, except for maybe 1 or 2 people that were close to that person, and that caring is selfish for their loss, not for who died.
"What is the purpose of life?"

The purpose of life is to suffer and become stronger through adversity. Experience as much as you can, while you can.

"Why are we here?"

Because the powers that be wish to know themselves as more than a name and a number. They want to experience the splendor of their creation... for, after all, what is art without the person who experiences it? If a god is truly omnipresent, they are within you at all times. Therefore, they can feel the awe that you feel when you rejoice in the incredible works that they have manifested.

I write music... to me, my music isn't that great despite the fact that I am signed to several high profile labels within the genre I am currently working in. However, others have told me that my music has changed their life forever. I can't see that personally. I wish I could go into their head and feel what they feel at the moment which their life changed forever... but I'm not God. It's hard to truly admire your own work without someone else telling you how awesome it is... even then I have a hard time going with it.

"What is happiness?"

Happiness is knowing what you want to do and being able to do it with utmost precision and timely execution after years of practice and failure.

"Is it [happiness] the only reason to want to live?"

No, it's not the only reason to want to live. You have to learn to appreciate the obstacles that you overcome as well.

"What good does our individual life do?"

It helps compile our unique experience into the collective human unconscious. The sum of all experience is held here and it adds together to create all wisdom.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Ezzedean said:
Well I believe that if there was no God, there would be no me, therfore I'd have no son, and if I was God, I would probobly have the knowledge he has now, and do the exact same thing he's doing today which is letting life take it's course.

Peace
Ezz
I wouldn't. plain and simple. If I had the power to save anybody's life... I would in a New York minute. And not one person has answered the question, If we don't suffer in heaven, why do we here?

Ori

Angel slayer
jeffrey said:
I wouldn't. plain and simple. If I had the power to save anybody's life... I would in a New York minute. And not one person has answered the question, If we don't suffer in heaven, why do we here?

I really wish I knew, as do we all.

But i'm afraid the answer might be far more terrifying than we're prepared for.

Ezzedean

jeffrey said:

The problem is you seem to think that God is letting people suffer for some sick and twisted reason, and I don't think that is the case at all. Heaven and Earth are two completely different places, that's why. What have you and I done to deserve life here on earth? Yo want a place with no sickness, no murder, no rape, no suffer, no nothing... that's what heaven is, that can't happen here on earth not because of the atmosphere, but because of some of the people who dwell here. Heaven wont have bad people within it's gates. As for illness in heaven, who knows what will become of our spirit once in heaven, it will probobly be an imposibillity to become ill due to our state. Just a thought though..

peace and blessings
Ezz

ChrisP

Veteran Member
jeffrey said:
LIES!!! I answered that question.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
ChrisP said:
LIES!!! I answered that question.
Yes you did. I bow before you..
kingofhill.gif

ButcherGEIN

jeffrey said:
If we don't suffer in heaven, why do we here?

Because earth isn't a heavenly place. I'd figure that should be fairly obvious.

What you think is heaven may be hell to me... Who says I want to float in some kingdom of eternal light forever? To be honest, I don't want to go to christian heaven. It sounds TERRIBLY boring to me. I can't have sex with anyone I choose. It's like going to dinner when I was 5 years old and my mom telling me to be "on my best behavior." What if I want to blow something up (like an abandonded barn for example)?

When I die, I want to fly next to comets as they speed through the galaxy. I want to go to the event horizon of a black hole and eventually get sucked in. I want to walk the surface of mars and witness the birth of entire solar systems.
Then, I want to come back to earth and be reincarnated and allowed to do this all over again. This cycle is MOST glorious in my eyes.

jeffrey

†ßig Dog†
Ezzedean said:
The problem is you seem to think that God is letting people suffer for some sick and twisted reason, and I don't think that is the case at all. Heaven and Earth are two completely different places, that's why. What have you and I done to deserve life here on earth? Yo want a place with no sickness, no murder, no rape, no suffer, no nothing... that's what heaven is, that can't happen here on earth not because of the atmosphere, but because of some of the people who dwell here. Heaven wont have bad people within it's gates. As for illness in heaven, who knows what will become of our spirit once in heaven, it will probobly be an imposibillity to become ill due to our state. Just a thought though..

peace and blessings
Ezz
What's wrong with wanting that? Why must we go through that here?

Ezzedean

jeffrey said:
What's wrong with wanting that? Why must we go through that here?

There is absolutely nothing wrong with wanting that, I want it too, but with the way the world is today we can't have that because so many people choose not to try, but heaven wont be like the world today.

I just want to say that I've enjoyed your questions Jeffrey, they've really made me thinl.

Peace be unto you
Ezzu

Ezzedean

ButcherGEIN said:
When I die, I want to fly next to comets as they speed through the galaxy. I want to go to the event horizon of a black hole and eventually get sucked in. I want to walk the surface of mars and witness the birth of entire solar systems.
Then, I want to come back to earth and be reincarnated and allowed to do this all over again. This cycle is MOST glorious in my eyes.

I truly hope that God can somehow get this done for you.... sounds like a good time.

Peace ButcherGein

P.S is your nickname made from the serial killer Ed Gein?

ButcherGEIN

Ezzedean said:
I truly hope that God can somehow get this done for you.... sounds like a good time.

Peace ButcherGein

P.S is your nickname made from the serial killer Ed Gein?

All those things I want are earthly things (or things of the cosmos)... I don't feel they would belong in a place like christian heaven.

It's actually the name of my music production / djing group. And yes... we're named after Ed Gein. He's not really a serial killer persay but he was definitely a psycho! We make especially dark music and we're from wisconsin so naturally that was the choice... it was either that or Dahmer, who was a homosexual.

So the choice was between a grave robber and a gay cannibal. Naturally, we chose the grave robber.