• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PureX Is Looking For Some Help ...

PureX

Veteran Member
Hi Ya'll,

I've been working on putting together a CD for my sister's birthday, and I'm very happy with what I've got so far, but I seem to be running into a wall, now, and I know there are a LOT more of these great latin tunes out there.

The general theme of the CD was to try and assemble a collection of particularly hot (lively), fun, latin pop songs from any number of decades by all kinds of artists.

Here's what I've got so far ...

1. "I Need to Know" - Marc Anthony
2. "La Bamba" - Los Lobos
3. "Guantanamera" - Jackson Browne & Joan Baez
4. "Light My Fire" - Conscious Funk
5. "Mambo No. 5" - Lou Bega
6. "Mandinga" (Live) - Buena Vista Social Club
7. "La Negra Tomasa" - Afrosound
8. "Los Chucos Suaves" - Ry Cooder
9. "Chan Chan" - Buena Vista Social Club
10. "Smooth" - Santana & Rob Thomas

But I'd like to add maybe 4 to 6 more songs to this.

Any ideas?

PureX

Veteran Member
"Oye como va"- Tito Puente
"Conga"- Gloria Estefan
"Me gustas tu" and "Bongo Bong"- Manu Chao
Someone's version of "Oye Como Va" will be on the CD, I'm sure. That's just a great song!

"Conga" I think is over-exposed. I considered it and then dropped it. We've all heard it too many times.

The others I'll have to look up.

Venatoris

two more for you:

"Canción Del Mariachi"- Los Lobos and Antonio Banderas
"After dark"- Tito and tarantula

PureX

Veteran Member
two more for you:

"Canción Del Mariachi"- Los Lobos and Antonio Banderas
"After dark"- Tito and tarantula
"Canción Del Mariachi" is great but they make you buy the whole album on iTunes to get it. I won't pay that much just to get the one song I want.

Artists shouldn't be so greedy. The best thing about iTunes is that you can buy just the songs you want, and make your own "favorites" CDs. If they try to make me buy the whole album, like in the old days, I'm just going to boycott their greedy arses or steal the song outright from somewhere else.