• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PureX Answers Some Questions

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
It doesn't happen. That's not what we are. It's like asking what happens when the mushroom finally comprehends the forest? It simply cannot, because it's a mushroom. Yet it can and does still fulfill it's role in the 'flow of being', perfectly. By not seeking that which it cannot understand. And by following it's own nature. And by aligning it's own flow with everything around it. Humbly, honestly, and spontaneously, it becomes one with the Tao, without need of understanding, or even desire.
What if you are aware you can literally do anything and everything you want to but can't find what is is you want to do?

I am asking you this after watching "Soul" last night with my 10 and 12 year old grandchildren. It was the anniversary of their father's death and I was staying with them. I feel exactly like number 22.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
So it was all just a big misunderstanding and by chance a religion got started about it which changed the coarse of the Western world. Jesus was forever saying things that he didn't mean but didn't correct them either.

Headlines: "Local Contractor From Nazareth Gets Himself Killed, Accidently Starts Religion."

Do you think there was a discrete religion known as 'Christianity' at the times of Jesus' crucifixion?

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Either state your views, and accept the criticism, or shut up. But don't attack and negate the views of others, and then refuse to state or defend your own. And from what I see, that's all this whole "unbelief" BS is about. The atheist's "logic" is just as biased, flawed, and irrational as the theists that they attack. So they try and hide behind "unbelief" and phony agnosticism so they don't have to defend their own position.
I don't have to, because no one cares. Not even me.

We have to defend our position? Interesting take for a Taoist, I would have thought. But suffice to say, I'm (personally) not hiding anything, and have regularly made the point that atheism is a nothing, and says almost nothing about atheists. Atheists and theists alike seem to sometimes mistakenly believe it does.
Atheists...like anyone else...need to work out what they think about the world, and not only what they don't. But that doesn't make 'atheist logic' flawed, whatever the heck that means. It just makes atheism more footnote than conversation piece.

No one cares what you, or I, or they believe or don't believe.

I mean...some do. There are places in the world where statements about belief have quite pragmatic and physical consequences.

What we care about is what you think existence is about. And why you think so. We share these ideas with each other because existence is a mystery, and we want to understand it, better. We critique each other's theories to better understand them, and to determine what of them makes sense to us, and what doesn't.

That's true, in terms of higher thought, and I think it's good to aim for a more inclusive and holistic discussion on these things. But it's worth at least remembering that some people have to 'fight in the mud' on very simple things like freedom to pursue their own beliefs. I'm not talking about myself here, I'm quite fortunate. And I'm not talking (only) about religion or legalities. The world is an imperfect place, and sometimes clearing space for those coming after is all that's possible, imho.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
No, but there was a religion of Jesus. Christ-inanity started after Jesus left.

So...at the time of Jesus' death, there were certain tenets he and his believers followed. Modified Judaism, to some extent.
And after the time of his death, the religion of Christianity became fully-formed, and distinct. Rather than a sect of Judaism, it separated itself. Early Church leaders such as Paul played substantial roles in the forming of this religion.

Your headline made me chuckle...it was pretty witty. But in truth, even if you consider Jesus the son of God, etc, the religion of Christianity was developed by humans after his passing.
At best, they were able to faithfully and fully appreciate every aspect of what Jesus' message and intent was. But like all human-wrought things, that would appear to make religion fallible, even allowing for a perfect God. Right?

Colt

So...at the time of Jesus' death, there were certain tenets he and his believers followed. Modified Judaism, to some extent.
And after the time of his death, the religion of Christianity became fully-formed, and distinct. Rather than a sect of Judaism, it separated itself. Early Church leaders such as Paul played substantial roles in the forming of this religion.

Your headline made me chuckle...it was pretty witty. But in truth, even if you consider Jesus the son of God, etc, the religion of Christianity was developed by humans after his passing.
At best, they were able to faithfully and fully appreciate every aspect of what Jesus' message and intent was. But like all human-wrought things, that would appear to make religion fallible, even allowing for a perfect God. Right?
Yes, revelations of spiritual truth may occur, the religions that grow up around those truths are human.

PureX

Veteran Member
I mean...some do. There are places in the world where statements about belief have quite pragmatic and physical consequences.
Those people don't care what you believe, either. They just want to be in control of you. They only ask you what you believe to determine whether or not you will submit to their control.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
A son of a God. Means you are an inherited God as the only son of a God.

Human. One self...A human owning a multi diverse experience. First observation. I am Multi diverse as a human. Not a God.

Reason. I am a human making all statements just as a human.

I own no beginning as I am present.
I own no past.
I own no future as one self.

Fact two humans not one own human life continuance.

If I say my father. Then I talk about one man a human. I then cannot talk about myself. Or else my claim is two humans.

A man as a human owns a penis to say I am a man.

A son of a God is talking about my belief. That my father is a God.

You then have to question a man to reason as one human why he made that claim.

Just as a human.

We are allowed to ask human questions of other human statements.

lewisnotmiller

Grand Hat
Staff member
Premium Member
Those people don't care what you believe, either. They just want to be in control of you. They only ask you what you believe to determine whether or not you will submit to their control.

I think that is overwhelmingly true. Just not universally so.
True believers exist, and some of them believe my beliefs matter...mostly in a negative sense.

Still...I almost always think what you have said applies.

wandering peacefully

Which way to the woods?
Stop asking. Let what you want be what is.
So just do it? Now that's Tao and a long standing motto of mine. Sounds good to me.
I'm tired of feeling quilty for knowing stuff and living easy when others can't or won't. I'll try to help as much as I can but then I am on my own.
Period!

Yin and Yang are the 'here' and 'there', the 'now' and 'then', and the 'is' and 'is not' of how we humans perceive the phenomena of existing.
That isnt true, ying and yang to my understanding are positive and negative forces designed to equally oppose each other which is supposed to create order. But is good and bad a good thing. Good is good obviously, but is bad a good thing to have. Look at the world, there are constant bad intentions and lack of good which comes from true spiritually. Jesus Christ.

PureX

Veteran Member
That isnt true, ying and yang to my understanding are positive and negative forces designed to equally oppose each other which is supposed to create order. But is good and bad a good thing. Good is good obviously, but is bad a good thing to have. Look at the world, there are constant bad intentions and lack of good which comes from true spiritually. Jesus Christ.
Yin and Yang are the result of how we humans perceive and cognate our experience of being. They happen in the brain, not in the world.

"When people see some things as beautiful,
other things become ugly.
When people see some things as good,
other things become bad.

Being and non-being create each other.
Difficult and easy support each other.
Long and short define each other.
High and low depend on each other.
Before and after follow each other.

Therefore the Master
acts without doing anything
and teaches without saying anything.