• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Punishment

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Why is it OK to spank an unruly, physically immature, and juvenile person and not an unruly, psychologically immature, and elderly person?

Thief

Rogue Theologian
there's a thread.....about idiotic questions

are we there?

sorry.....but the lean was into it

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Why is it OK to spank an unruly, physically immature, and juvenile person and not an unruly, psychologically immature, and elderly person?

I don't really think pain or the threat of pain is the best way to achieve compliance.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There's a big difference by which you have to take in mental disposition and health into account.

We're taught (in my generation) to respect our elders and to honor and take care of them and to protect and help children, not hurt them.

bobhikes

Nondetermined
Premium Member

Spanking only has effect on younger people on physically mature people it has no effect. The physical punishment is push up many levels as you get older. Cops will beat you, electrically shock you or shoot you. Hospitals will forcibly confine you for your own best interests or for the interests of others. Others may bully you physically or in protection of their rights beat you up. So, while slapping may stop the threat of physical punishment continues until you die.

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
Works well enough in the legal system. People obey laws for that reason.

Our legal system avoids pain. Even in the case of the death penalty.

Whenever I got spanked as a kid. I'd still do what I wanted to do, I'd just be better at not getting caught.

images

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Spanking only has effect on younger people on physically mature people it has no effect. The physical punishment is push up many levels as you get older. Cops will beat you, electrically shock you or shoot you. Hospitals will forcibly confine you for your own best interests or for the interests of others. Others may bully you physically or in protection of their rights beat you up. So, while slapping may stop the threat of physical punishment continues until you die.
you're implying that pain receptors become desensitized with age?

i'm referring to an offense and not defense. an anti-social behavior is an offense, or offensive.

negative reinforcement is not quite like positive reinforcement, or correction.