1. Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Featured Punishment Before the Temple Fell

Discussion in 'Religious Debates' started by Samantha Rinne, Sep 9, 2019.

?
  1. It did not happen, I reject my own Talmud

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. The priests colluded with Rome

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. They rejected or dishonored God's commands and failed to atone

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. They failed to make reforms God told them through prophets (not including Jesus)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. They failed to make reforms God told them through Jesus

16.7%
  6. They failed to see Jesus as the Messiah

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. They denied a personal relationship with God

16.7%
  8. Other (Please explain)

66.7%
  1. Landon Caeli

Landon Caeli What's your stoyle?

Ratings:
    +1,416
    Religion:
    Catholic
    Why does it have to be a 'people' whether Jewish or Italian?

It's better to critique a direct teaching or doctrine, IMO, that leads people down a dark path than it is to blame a group of people.

That's why I don't feel uncomfortable critiquing Islam, but I would feel uncomfortable bashing Arabs, Jews or Italian Romans... Simply because I can't justifiably testify what's within their heart -I just don't have that information. Nobody does.

The teachings however, we can see.

#21 Landon Caeli, Sep 11, 2019 at 12:33 AM
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2019 at 12:44 AM
  2. Good-Ole-Rebel

Good-Ole-Rebel Active Member

Ratings:
    +24
    Religion:
    Christian
    Yes, of course. Salvation today is offered to all, Jews included. And some Jews do come to Christ. They must come the same way anyone else does, by faith in Christ.

Concerning the Jews and the Law, yes the Jews were under the Law. There were several reasons God gave the Law. To reveal sin. To reveal the Holiness of God. To place a certain people under His Law so as to provide a place for His Son to be born. But, it was never given as way to be saved.

Salvation has always been by faith alone. (Gen. 15:4) And actually, the Pharisees of Jesus's time were trying to establish their righteousness by being obedient to the Law. Which they failed to do, but everyone will fail at such an effort. The Jews were under the Law, so that the Law could reveal sin, find them guilty, and point them to Christ. (Gal. 3:24)

Good-Ole-Rebel