• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Psychopomp (Tentative Name)

muichimotsu

Holding All and None
This might work better as a manga or even anime, but this forum is likely more populated and it's not as if this couldn't work as a light novel or the like.

Premise is such: there are entities in this world we call by many names: angel of death, grim reaper, shinigami, valkyries. They all exist, under the basic term Psychopomp. Guiding the soul, eliminating revenants: those spirits who threaten the balance of life and death, and maintaining overall balance against those who would try to overthrow it.

The biggest controversy this series brings, especially in the context of these forums, is that Yeshua is a villain, albeit an anti villain, since in this perspective, he has a noble goal, even if it is in conflict with the Psychopomp group, which I've fleshed out characters for.

There will be psychopomps, of course, but also revenants and shamans (mediums/channelers/etc), who are human characters that have the capacity to perceive the spirits, even combat them in various ways. This also include necromancers, of course, so we have conflict in every potential area.

Let me know what you think, anything you want to know that won't be huge spoilers besides what I've already brought up, which I'd no doubt tell an editor/publisher.