• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Psychologist's feild day / resignation

Invisibilis

If a psychologist had to deal with the members of this forum, including me, would either have a field day or resign from the profession.

What is it about 'religion' that sends people batty?

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
If a psychologist had to deal with the members of this forum, including me, would either have a field day or resign from the profession.

I don't know if it makes people batty or if people are batty to start with and tend to gravitate towards religion.

As for psychologists having to deal with members of this forum, that might be kind of a tall order. They'd probably have to start a whole new branch of psychology for that.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I don't know if it makes people batty or if people are batty to start with and tend to gravitate towards religion.
In my case, it started being born into religion, knowing only that, having it strongly enforced, and though I was born batty the religion brought on a whacky batty when I was in it and left me a stressed, angry batty by the time I put it behind me.

Mock Turtle

Oh my, did I say that!
Premium Member

It often involves questions they really want to ask, but probably can't ever have any true answers (until they die), so it frustrates them somewhat - and they take it out on others?

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.

I before e except after c. Heh. ;0)

I think psychologists would be more interested in the George noory stuff visited by self-proclaimed gods, jesus'es, and various prophets who visit the site on occasion.

Another area of interest involves the many cryptic posts so devoid of articulation, that no one can understand what the bloody hell the person is trying to say, much less answer.

Last edited:

Stevicus

Veteran Member
Staff member
Premium Member
In my case, it started being born into religion, knowing only that, having it strongly enforced, and though I was born batty the religion brought on a whacky batty when I was in it and left me a stressed, angry batty by the time I put it behind me.

I think religion made my parents and grandparents batty, and their battiness probably made me a bit batty.

Invisibilis

I before e except after c. Heh. ;0)

I think psychologists would be more interested in the George noory stuff visited by self-proclaimed gods, jesus'es, and various prophets who visit the site on occasion.

Another area of interest involves the many cryptic posts so devoid of articulation, that no one can understand what the bloody hell the person is trying to say, much less answer.
I am guilty of the last bit, and guilt of repeating myself in articulation.
However, I am not one of those with l o n g posts and don't respond to those who responded.