• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Psychoanalysis: why are you a Satanist / Setian / Luciferian / other LHP?

Here until I storm off again
Premium Member
Hello Left Hand Path fellows!

I'm curious if you'd share your psychological reasoning / story behind finding and following your path? Apologies if I assumed incorrectly you're into self-psychoanalization, I've simply never met a LHP individual who wasn't, including myself in my more interested days. Anyone care to quench my curiosity?

AnnaCzereda

One question first. Do you like mind ****, Mr Freud?

I turned to LHP because I got bored with RHP. However, the problem is I'm now bored with LHP too. Is there any other way I can entertain myself?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
It simply is the medicine for my illness. Metaphorically speaking.

In other words - it's the Way that gives me the best results for my goals.

Premium Member

I turned to LHP because I got bored with RHP. However, the problem is I'm now bored with LHP too. Is there any other way I can entertain myself?

That's a pretty sweet answer.

I'm a Setian because the Neter Set came to Dr. Michael Aquino in person one night and gave him his revealed Word. Thus, Setianism is founded upon the power and authority of Set himself. Set is older than Jesus and older than the Jewish god Yahwey.

Premium Member
I'm a Setian because the Neter Set came to Dr. Michael Aquino in person one night and gave him his revealed Word. Thus, Setianism is founded upon the power and authority of Set himself. Set is older than Jesus and older than the Jewish god Yahwey.

Setianism I am least well versed in. The view of Set differs from the standard view of Kemetism, correct? That is to say it's not Egyptian revival but the Left Hand side?

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
I actually follow a lot of RHP ideologies, but I usually create my own version of it that stands in stark contrast to the cultural norm, so in that sense I am LHP. I like to think of myself as BHP, but I am naturally drawn to all things esoteric, mystical, and occult, which lends itself more to LHP ideology.

If I had to align myself with a strictly LHP ideology it would definitely Luciferianism, but on the other hand, I think Yeshua was a prime example of a Luciferian archetype, so I hold him in the highest esteem, and would consider myself a follower of Christ as well, if that makes any sense LOL. Definitely not the most popular ideology around these parts, but what's more LHP, than taking a RHP ideology and making it LHP LOL.

Last edited:

nash8

Da man, when I walk thru!
Selfishness and self-worship lead to Satanism

Do you consider yourself a member of the LHP, if not, you should not be posting here.
:no:

From your previous posts, it's fairly obvious that you have minimal, if any, understanding of any of the LHP ideologies, so how bout you post respectful questions so you can gain some knowledge, or just not post at all.
:yes:

Setianism I am least well versed in. The view of Set differs from the standard view of Kemetism, correct? That is to say it's not Egyptian revival but the Left Hand side?

Set is the giver of consciousness. It's not a revival of Egyptian stuff. Set was asleep for many thousands of years. Then one night in 1975 he woke up and went to Dr. Michael Aquino and authorized him to establish a Temple for him.

All you need to know to be a Setian is just believe what Dr. Aquino tells you to believe in, because he speaks directly to Set one on one.

Selfishness and self-worship lead to Satanism

Self backwards is Fles.

FLES stands for Foreign Language in Elementary School. FLES is a program whereby the young grade schooler is immersed in a foreign language.

Which is to say, that to understand the Self, one must immerse yourself in the Language and Ways of the Self.

Fles also means "Bottle" in Dutch. That symbolized the Flesh, because the flesh - our bodies - is like a bottle which contains the liquids and fluids of life.

ScottySatan

I've heard it said that chronic boredom is a genuine mental disorder that can be so extreme as to make one unemployable.

LuciaStar

Constant Seeker

I'm curious if you'd share your psychological reasoning / story behind finding and following your path? Apologies if I assumed incorrectly you're into self-psychoanalization, I've simply never met a LHP individual who wasn't, including myself in my more interested days. Anyone care to quench my curiosity?
I chose to it because philosophically I aligned with Luciferianism with some Satanism, though that started to happen sometime after I decided to study and learn more about Lucifer, which lead me to believe that good and evil were rather subjective and therefore, made me question morality, as well as value seeking knowledge, equality with the divine and independence (to name a few and the bigger beliefs that run in me).

However, I did practice some non-LHP Pagan paths for a while but I always found myself wanting to be on equal grounds with gods, but I decided to be content with being only on somewhat equal grounds. I also still retained my views on good and evil and morality and independence, so this made me feel a bit out of place at times within Paganism, where it can be philosophically diverse and also so different from my own views. I also ended up working with gods others probably would warn others away from, like Loki, for example.

And when I realized where I aligned philosophically, doing what I did felt different and monotonous that I just ended up leaving Paganism/Norse Paganism and found myself walking towards the LHP. It's been more comfy here. I don't have to focus on the spiritual as much (but still do, as I am theistic) and I feel like I can be motivated or driven more than I would've as a non-LHP. I'm not sure why though, hah. Might be the self-betterment ideal seeping in there.

(Also, I've been super drawn to the LHP for years so it was inevitable I would eventually just go there.)

ScottySatan

Why?

Also, every single person on here's said it at least once. I wouldn't want to do the search either if I could get others to just repeat it, but some might not repeat it.

Premium Member
Why?

Also, every single person on here's said it at least once. I wouldn't want to do the search either if I could get others to just repeat it, but some might not repeat it.

Curiosity. It's funny if you think this tells me any less about you than explaining anything though, haha. You may be my favorite.

Also there doesn't seem to be any thread of the nature I'm asking about. Philosophical or historical accounts of one's journey sure, but not the truly psychoanalytical explanations. Still aren't ;)

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
At first, it was the idea of putting myself first, of finding my own strength, my own power. And then it led to epiphanies, revelations, and Lucifer handed me the keys to My life and Myself.
Today, though I really don't "need" it anymore like I did, it is a philosophy that guides my life. And I'm also sticking around for the cookies! :D

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Psychoanalysis is arguably useless when it boils down to things which are predominately decided on aesthetics. My Devil suits me, but does it suit you? I became theistic Satanist much later in my life than the standard theories of psychology allow (as a science, psychology basically believes these things come from ones youth -- or unconscious). My youth was spent in the company of highly devout Catholics whom I still admire greatly, and I was never treated poorly or had any other reason to rebel against them. I never swore at my father or mother or had anything to do with drugs or drinking well past my teens when I had left home. My childhood was unremarkable except for my relative poverty -- my father never made much, and my mother couldn't wait to spend it. I was always 'weird' and never fit in with the mainstream or anyone else really since I could see holes in their logic and never felt what the masses considered important really WAS so.

At 13 or so I had become an Atheist mostly I thought much of the bible was too fantastical to really be taken seriously -- there were more believable stories in comic books. I purchased my first _The Satanic Bible_ in a bookstore with my mom present (I had to I wasn't old enough to buy it!) and had a eureka moment. Finally, lots of things made sense to me and I knew I was a Satanist even if it were simply accidental at the time. That book just a put a face on it. I was probably the least confused thirteen year old you'd ever meet.

By 18, I had a great deal of experience with occult or mystical experiences and the small box of 'LaVey Satanism' wasn't working any more. I was aware of spirit communication, ESP, and other things that LaVey folks didn't believe to exist. That was all fine and dandy, but I didn't 'believe' them either I merely knew them to be there. I still held LaVey's philosophy in high regard (still do), but it no longer could contain or explain my universe. I began experiments into methods to communicate with all manner of devil and demons. Through experience I learned where the rubber hits the road -- much of these concepts and their manifestations track back to good Old Nick. Ergo, if these demons are existing then arguably their hierarchy exists and then Satan literally exists in some fashion. I could no longer call myself an Atheist at that juncture because it didn't make any damn sense. Spiritual insight and logical conclusions have to be balanced at all times to avoid walking off a cliff either way. I think that is one of the most important lessons I've learned.

I understand that doesn't mean much to someone analysing the situation and realize it took me five years of time from 13-18 to climb that mount; it requires a herculean task. Most people aren't suited for it. There isn't anything you could read that would truly describe it to you -- much like climbing Mount Everest or similar endeavours. At every stop along the way someone asks you to buy into their interpretation of the world. You either nod and walk by or accept what those people are telling you and stop there.

Premium Member
So you're on the Psycho Logic Path because you need to avoid being fooled by people.

Not necessarily because I need to avoid being fooled - more that I like to know the deeper variables in situations so I'm not taken by surprise. Stems from bad friendships.