• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Psychic powers are vital for the journey to God.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

This is a lost truth in Islam but I will say it never the less.

Everyone has to cultivate some spiritual power or psychic power as it's a key to the unseen world. The question is what and who do we want as the telepathy teachers and the ones who bestow us psychic power.

I believe the masters of grace and companions on the journey require proof and we ought to know who they are through clear proof, inward and outwardly.

Inwardly, it takes recognizing God and his lights and what is linked to him.

The looking towards the Malakut (true kingdom/authority of God) is emphasized in Quran, and it says "..and we made it an adornment to the onlookers" (the heaven/sky connected to this world).

The heaven connected to this world is a safeguard and refuge against Satanic forces. There secrets will be revealed to the heart. The lights there are also weapons against Iblis and his forces.

Some of the powers taught are:

Hiding from spiritual sight of on lookers
Covering yourself with armor of light and building light armor
Attacking with arrow and sword of honor in your soul and with you against Iblis forces and dark magic
Taking help of God's sword and his forces to add on top of your power and talent
Unlocking locks against the Quran and being able to see the truth through that

These are the preliminaries.

Then other doors open up once you open these doors.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
To believe one is psychic is an illusion.
It's enticing to have a special power that's
a connection to great power. This feeds
the illusion. IMO.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
To believe one is psychic is an illusion.
It's enticing to have a special power that's
a connection to great power. This feeds
the illusion. IMO.
Salam

I can see it would be an illusion from an outsider perspective, but the proof in this case, would be in experiencing telepathy and seeing if it is a proper sense to determine and sense presence of other beings.

You would not know unless you experience it yourself.

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
Everyone has to cultivate some spiritual power or psychic power as it's a key to the unseen world. The question is what and who do we want as the telepathy teachers and the ones who bestow us psychic power.

From my perspective, psychic powers are distractions and can feed the separative ego when someone starts feeling special. They did have value in the past but now we need to focus on a different area.

As Meher Baba put it

There are yogis (those who practise a systematic course of esoteric knowledge) who can, of themselves, suspend their physical bodies in mid-air during the time they are in a temporary samadhi (trance). There are some who can bodily walk on water or fly in the air without the aid of external means. And yet all this is no sign or proof of their having experienced divine love. Weighed on spiritual scales these miracles have no value whatsoever. In fact, miracle-mongering by the average yogi is not only poles apart from the spiritual Path, but is actually a hindrance to the individual’s evolution towards spiritual progress.

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Salam

@sun rise I understand what you are saying and agree with that sentiment.

But if you use veiling yourself/hiding yourself, it can keep false judgments of false gods/spirits/Jinn and the vision of sorcerers away from giving you a false sense of who you are. Most of dark magic is just heightening vanities and belittling virtues and applying in a person, as Satan and his forces at the end can only psychologically pull you. However, if the sins already broke that process to veil yourself because of intrusion, hitting them with sword of God (dark souls and dark entities intruding the soul) is almost necessary or they will take over your soul if you do not fight. That is if portals to your soul from dark sins of you embracing evil states have opened up, you need to fight all the demonic forces in your soul, and detect the sword of honor and sword of God with you.

Also, telepathy is important to connect to the spiritual sky of this world and be guided in unseen journey. Fighting blind forever is not the best idea and so opening 6th sense to me is a key to be able to fend the false energies and false powers driving the soul away from God so that one can connect to the guides and even use them as missiles against the dark entities and their magic. All this is all key to salvation.

We agree and are coming at it from different angles. I do not mean psychic powers to be used to gain followers or use little power to show spirituality, as I know in Quran the Samiri used a bit of magic and got people to worship a false god.

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Salam

I can see it would be an illusion from an outsider perspective, but the proof in this case, would be in experiencing telepathy and seeing if it is a proper sense to determine and sense presence of other beings.

Salam

Without objective evidence to an independent
observer, it's all feelings & woowoo. I feel that
there are no gods...but I don't know it, cuz
feelings are untrustworthy. Weak atheism, eh.

Bree

Salam

I believe the masters of grace and companions on the journey require proof and we ought to know who they are through clear proof, inward and outwardly.

The looking towards the Malakut (true kingdom/authority of God) is emphasized in Quran, and it says "..and we made it an adornment to the onlookers" (the heaven/sky connected to this world).

The heaven connected to this world is a safeguard and refuge against Satanic forces. There secrets will be revealed to the heart. The lights there are also weapons against Iblis and his forces.

Attacking with arrow and sword of honor in your soul and with you against Iblis forces and dark magic
Taking help of God's sword and his forces to add on top of your power and talent

all humans are created with the ability to comprehend the spirit world. This is why humans are so intrinsically religiously minded. But its important as to who your teachers are because the wrong teacher can lead you down a dark path away from God entirely.

muhammad_isa

..But its important as to who your teachers are because the wrong teacher can lead you down a dark path away from God entirely.
I would agree that the interpretation/translation of the Qur'an is important.

There are mainstream/orthodox translations .. I rely on those.
Some of scripture is allegorical. One needs experience to understand it.
Quibbling over allegorical prose is pointless, imo.
It is an individual spiritual journey.
We rely on God to guide us .. not sheikhs or imams. ;)

Bree

I would agree that the interpretation/translation of the Qur'an is important.

There are mainstream/orthodox translations .. I rely on those.
Quibbling over allegorical prose is pointless, imo.
It is an individual spiritual journey.
We rely on God to guide us .. not sheikhs or imams. ;)

thats a good approach

Ultimately, if we know God himself and know how he thinks and feels about things then we can adapt ourselves to please him. That is what a truly spiritual person does.

I do not believe in powers per se. But i believe that spirituality provokes ability. Supernatural ability. This comes through and only through receiving the Holy Spirit. We can become like God in ability but in a smaller sense. Jesus said all believers can do what He did and taught, Jesus is part of the eternal God.

Not psychic powers but a gift of the spirit, the gift of knowledge or spiritual knowledge

Psychic’s convention canceled due to unforeseen circumstances!

Thanks

Elihoenai

Salam

Luke 19:10

10 For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.

Ephesians 6:11

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

There is a Lost Truth in every Religion. In Every Religion there is only a Few Real Believers.

In Christianity Yeshua/Jesus was sent to Save what was Lost. There is a Subtle Difference. It's Unwise to Seek Psychic Powers. Seek Total Obedience to Elohim/God and Elohim/God Will Endow with Spiritual and Psychic Powers.

In Christianity as in Islam the instruction is put on the Armour of Elohim/God (Light).

There isn't any Psychic Teachers that can be trusted. Seeking out a Psychic Teacher is a Sure way to Destruction. What teachers or groups are you suggesting?

AdamjEdgar

oh really. do tell which parts are allegorical and what experience are you using to ensure you have the correct interpretation?

I can attest that your model here is foolish...the bible explains itself, it does not need experience in order to interprete it...what you should be using is context, correct reading, and some common sense! Jesus said that understanding how one may enter the kingdom of heaven is so simple a child can understand it. That suggests to me that interpretive experience is probably the last thing one needs to determine allegory from literal reading of scripture!

I also do not see any basis for holding the Quran over the Bible...for a start the Quran was written almost 600 years later than Christ existed on this earth, whereas the bible is very obviously much of years older. We have been able to scientifically and historically date the Isaiah scroll for example to at least 100 B.C (although it is claimed it could be as old as 350 B.C). Even the origins of Mecca are dubious...the real location was actually Petra (1200km south of Mecca). One should note that the earliest mosques point at Petra and not Mecca!

Last edited:

Frank Goad

Salam

Can you pray to jesus.For the ability to astral project or lucid dream?:)

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
Salam

Hey Link, long time, no see. I see that it's been a few days since you were here, so I don't know if you're still active on the forum or not. If you are, I'd like to say that I don't know if you recall my posts or not since it's been awhile since we last spoke. I'm an agnostic, so I don't attribute my abilities to any god. I respect your right to believe as you see fit, but I don't believe that your God or other gods are required to acquire or maintain any kind of psychic abilities.

Schwarzweg

Ullr, Nebet-Het,Wendigowak
Hey Link, long time, no see. I see that it's been a few days since you were here, so I don't know if you're still active on the forum or not. If you are, I'd like to say that I don't know if you recall my posts or not since it's been awhile since we last spoke. I'm an agnostic, so I don't attribute my abilities to any god. I respect your right to believe as you see fit, but I don't believe that your God or other gods are required to acquire or maintain any kind of psychic abilities.
Nicht nur zu Gott , den es für mich übrigens NICHT gibt .
LG