• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Psychiatry's Sick Compulsion

Bishka

Veteran Member
Also, I'd like to say FFH, you don't seem to actually know much of the mental illness. You profess to have deep depression, yet you condemn anything that may help you unless it is spiritual. Get a grip, you were EXTREMLEY RUDE to Lady Lazurus, and she deserves and apology, NOW.

Bishka

Veteran Member
Also, you make it sound like you want people to be sorry for you. I for one, am not sorry for you, I pity your parents, I pity them that they have to put up with a son who refused to help them because of his bigoted and prejudicial stand against the psychatric community.

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
FFH said:
No !!!!! What made me start to go insane was my own father and mother. They were so controlling and insensitive to anyone but themselves and cared only about themselves and their precious toys, that I could not wait to get out of the house. Sure we had fun, but then I went on a mission to Japan, I sold my car, my investments, gave up ALL of my savings and left for Japan and served others for 2 years. I came back and had nothing, but an off road bike which I had to sell to pay to rebuild the engine that I had pulled out of a car that I had bought for 200 dollars. Nothing at all was ever handed to me. I was always working from the time I was very young. We worked hard and played hard.

I had just been fired from Delta airlines because my car had broken down and could not get to work. My father was upset and I went into a downward psychotic spiral. I finally found my wife shortly after this psychotic episode which was brought upon by a so-called expert in the field of mental illness, my father, and I left the house and in 15 years I have only spoken to my father about 5 times. He was the extemely indulgent one. I have worked the past 15 years, 6 days a week and about 50 and sometimes 60-70 hours a week, while working two jobs. I am now semi retired and am not dependant, or have to answer to anyone for anything. I was never self indulgent in any way, but paid for everything that I have. My wife does not work either. We are free from people like you. You can only sit and criticize. Insults only reinforce my views of the world as a whole. The world has gone mad and can only produce meaningless and demeaning insults and then label people as psychotic. It is people like you that cause the world to be what it is today. I am drug free and disorder free and have been almost all of my life except for that small episode with my father which he brought upon with his own demeaning and cruel remarks to me, like you have displayed, LL, I don't speak to my mother or father because they bring upon psychotic problems with all those they come in contact with. This is why I have no respect for the psychiatric profession. They are propgating new disorders every year to feed their own pockets and indulge themselves with money from those that cannot afford it. They invent knew disorders to make more money. DARKDALE IS RIGHT ON. We can see through the garbage of our society. The rest of you can only dish out insults, to make yourselves feel better. Darkdale and I are not buying into all the crazy drugs and disorders that are thrust upon us. I refuse to be labeled by you, LL, or anyone else. Sure it was fun while growing up, then my parents turned sour. They got into too much debt and took it out on all of us kids. He kept buying bigger and bigger boats and other toys and junk like that. He over spent and now my own mother is so stessed out because of this and is so drugged up she can hardly speak. My father has her so drugged up that she speaks very slowly and cannot carry on a descent conversation. He wanted to drug me up while I was at home. I did not need drugs, I needed to get away from him. My father makes plenty of money but keeps himself in extreme debt. Sort of a negative motivater for him I guess, but he makes everyone miserable around him. I forgot to mention that he is a very unhappy person and does not like to be around people. He just lives at his cabin by himself days and weeks at a time. That is what he wants. He does not want anyone to bother him. He has heard too many problems from people like you over the years. Being a social worker/psychiatrist has it's drawbacks. This is why they spend so much of what they make on toys to make themselves feel better after dealing with psychotic paitents, like you.

Fun is one thing and self indulgence is another. The world self indulges itself at the expense of others, the rest of us do not participate in this. I worked for several self indulgent bosses who cared nothing about anyone but themselves. I suffered at hands of people like this and you, LL, for the last half of my life. That is over now and I am totally free from people them and you. Have fun with your miserable drug addicted psychotic life. I'll go skiing, It's a lot cheaper.
I'm terribly sorry, oh great and wise one, but who the hell do you think you're calling a drug addicted psychotic? Aside from my asthma medication, I don't take anything stronger than hayfever tablets. Not that I have to justify myself to the likes of you.
My sincerest apologies, that I thought it was rather bad of your father to treat you like that if you were indeed suffering from a mental illness, however now you're out flashing your true colours and showing the world how you treat people who have the misfortune to think you've been treated rather shabbily, I must say I'm really not surprised he wanted to kick you out of the house. I think you may find it has more to do with the fact you are a total ingrate than anything else, however.
You contradict yourself at almost every opportunity, using your father as both a reason why you are so versed in mental health, and the reason all mental health professionals are the scum of the earth. In this thread alone you have both lauded the man for not allowing you or your siblings to become mentally ill through the excessive use of fun, holding him up as an example by which to live - and vilified him as the cause of your own supposed mental illness.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
-mod-

Okay everyone, chill. If you can't talk civilly with someone, put them on block. Any more namecalling with be met with warning points.

-mod-

Bishka

Veteran Member
FFH said:
My father was a good man who went sour. I had hoped not to mention this but insults from others seem to bring out the worst in poeple.
So what exactly are you saying?

Ardent Listener

Darkdale said:
Really? You're going with the people that make their money inventing disorders and drugging the public? For every disorder and drug they invent, the more money they make. No, I think I'll go with my own experiences and objective studies.
Darkdale,

How dare you suggest that Psychiatry has nothing but the public's best interest at heart?

May I ask, when is your book Natural Psychiatric Cures They Don't Want You To Know About going to be published?

You ought to be forced to take Psychiatric dugs because obviously you are suffering from a form of Pschiatric-phobia!:jester3: :sarcastic

I :clap you.

Flappycat

Personally, I never wanted to be on drugs. My parents just wanted to keep me doped up to keep me from standing up and spitting in their faces like they so richly needed at the time. I finally tossed the things down the toilet, hammered my dad's jaw, and threatened to kill them if they tried medding me up again. The suckers were just making it impossible for me to rise to address my problems. They spent several years insisting that I was worse off without the things because I spent more time telling them to **** off than remaining huddled up in a corner wracked with sobs, but I worked through and got better. I managed this because I felt something had been taken away from me, and I wanted it back. I was pissed, baby, let me tell you. I'd basically turn on the loudest and most violent death metal I could find while they were out and work myself up into a nice rage. It's a powerful motivator, rage. It gives you a sensation of power, of dominance, of righteousness, of intent. Most importantly, it drove me out of the depressive slump I'd been in for years. Think anger's a bad thing? It's a blessing when the alternative is to stay huddled up in your bed trying to push yourself out of existence. It brought me back to life.

Yeah, meds can be a bad thing. If anyone knows that, I do. I've also heard of people's lives being saved by going onto them, though. The field simply needs more research. It's incomplete. While some things are labelled disorders just as an excuse to put people on meds, some real work is being done in the field. There may be successes and failures, but failures are fleeting whereas successes are everlasting.

"Garbage of our society"? You might want to think about that for a minute and consider revising. Some of that "garbage" has done more for our society than you'll ever think of doing. The only real garbage is the kind of garbage that shows spite toward people whose predicaments they are incapable of understanding.

FFH

Veteran Member
Flappycat said:
"Garbage of our society"? You might want to think about that for a minute and consider revising. Some of that "garbage" has done more for our society than you'll ever think of doing. The only real garbage is the kind of garbage that shows spite toward people whose predicaments they are incapable of understanding.
I have delelted all of my posts in this thread. I cannot delete the posts that have my quotes on them that others have posted.

And yes there is such a thing as righteous anger. It is perfectly healthy. Fight back and don't let the illness control you.

Bishka

Veteran Member
FFH said:
I have delelted all of my posts in this thread. I cannot delete the posts that have my quotes on them that others have posted.

And yes there is such a thing as righteous anger. It is perfectly healthy. Fight back and don't let the illness control you.

You must think that we aren't fighting?!?!? Don't assume, please, don't assume that people aren't fighting it. 99.9% of people fight their problems.

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
FFH said:
Deleting your posts does not unsay what you have said - it just makes you look dishonest.

FFH

Veteran Member
Bastet said:
Deleting your posts does not unsay what you have said - it just makes you look dishonest.
Or maybe, just maybe, I might have felt bad about not being sensitive to others, and their battle with depression and or mental illness.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
FFH said:
Or maybe, just maybe, I might have felt bad about not being sensitive to others, and their battle with depression and or mental illness.
Frubals to you, FFH! Your sensitivity to others is commendable.

Flappycat

I take it you've retracted your earlier comments, FFH? As you'll have it, then. I can see why you'd be tempted to find the headcases annoying. They're having enough difficulty getting along with themselves, after all. It's just not...entirely their fault, usually. Well, it's complicated. You see, we make mistakes all the time. We get caught up in the wrong kind of thinking all the time. It doesn't always have bad consequences. Those with a natural predisposition to being prone to depression, though, only need a little help from callus family and peers to send them into a downward spiral of one bad consequence after another, like some freaky singularity that's going to suck them in, one atom at a time, until there's nothing left of them. Yeah, anyway, it's not a small task to get them on the path out. It's...difficult...particularly if they have a very clear and present reason for their distress.

Reactions: FFH

Quoth The Raven

Half Arsed Muse
FFH said:
Yes...I imagine sensitivity was on the top of your list when your initial reaction to the criticism of your rant - directed as it was not at the mentally ill at large, but mostly at people like myself - and lets face it, 99.9% AT ME PERSONALLY - who are fortunate enough not to suffer from any of these problems but just unfortunate enough to not agree with you by and large - was to edit it to drag Darkdale into the fray and attempt to make it sound like you and he were on exactly the same page as regards to 'the garbage of society', which once again reads less like a rant at those who are mentally ill so much as it is against people you don't like so much.
In fact, the least sensisitve thing you did was declare me to be a drug addicted psychotic, as if it was the worst insult you could come up with...that could be construed as a little insensitive to someone with a psychosis who is medicated. The rest of it was just a hissy fit because you didn't like it suggested that you may have at one stage behaved in a self indulgent manner.

Darkdale

World Leader Pretend
Can we all agree on one point? The idea that millions of Americans are on drugs they don't need, doesn't mean that there aren't millions of Americans on drugs they do need.

We can have both an overmedicated population and still have some people getting just the help they require. But the fact that drugs help some people, doesn't mean that everyone that is taking drugs should be taking them and it doesn't mean that every disorder these doctors come up with are needed or beneficial for the majority of people that take them; Given that those that are really helped do own their thanks to the industry that produced them.

Darkdale said:
Can we all agree on one point? The idea that millions of Americans are on drugs they don't need, doesn't mean that there aren't millions of Americans on drugs they do need.

We can have both an overmedicated population and still have some people getting just the help they require. But the fact that drugs help some people, doesn't mean that everyone that is taking drugs should be taking them and it doesn't mean that every disorder these doctors come up with are needed or beneficial for the majority of people that take them; Given that those that are really helped do own their thanks to the industry that produced them.
Darkdale,

I can agree with that.:) In addition, I would like to add that there are people who do not need such drugs, but are harmed by them.