• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PS5 gets price, release date

PoetPhilosopher

Veteran Member
image.0.png.0.jpeg

It's official now - $399 for the PS5 accepting only digital games, $499 for the one with the disc drive.

November 12th US release date, two days after the new XBoxes.

Footage from the recent PS5 livestream will probably soon be online.

Date to preorder still unknown.

SomeRandom

Still learning to be wise
Staff member
Premium Member
I was excited that the price seemingly dropped. Then I remembered 399 is USD. And then I got sad :(

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I agree. I'm going to wait till after release and make a decision then. I'm not too impressed with the launch lineup of games either.
I wont be getting either a PS5 or new Xbox. It's very likely both will be plagued with launch issues as has become the norm, red and blue lights of death will happen, all for lootboxes, massive launch day patches, and computer animated handholding thingies that for some reason still get called games even though he who dumps the most money in it gets all the good crap to make winning easier.
The gaming world needs another very hard, very ugly crash on par with ET. But mainstream gamers have become too tolerant of unfinished products amd paying more and for stuff thats already there but not accessible without paying more.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I wont be getting either a PS5 or new Xbox. It's very likely both will be plagued with launch issues as has become the norm, red and blue lights of death will happen, all for lootboxes, massive launch day patches, and computer animated handholding thingies that for some reason still get called games even though he who dumps the most money in it gets all the good crap to make winning easier.
The gaming world needs another very hard, very ugly crash on par with ET. But mainstream gamers have become too tolerant of unfinished products amd paying more and for stuff thats already there but not accessible without paying more.
True. Lucky I just joined the PC master race. It has issues, but at least the game library leaves consoles eating the dust in terms of genere and volume of literally thousands of games compared to consoles pathetic low end hundreds. Not to forget online for free unlike the scam fees consoles charge for online.

The only thing that keeps me remotely interested in consoles has to do with game compatibility and affordable VR. If they don't deliver quality games and hardware and dont seriously lay off the predatory micro transactions and gambling loot box bs, I'm done with consoles for good and sticking with PC gaming where after the initial expense of a gaming rig, its dirt cheap in comparison.

The greed of the corporate publishers is nothing short of disgraceful.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
True. Lucky I just joined the PC master race. It has issues, but at least the game library leaves consoles eating the dust in terms of genere and volume of literally thousands of games compared to consoles pathetic low end hundreds. Not to forget online for free unlike the scam fees consoles charge for online.

The only thing that keeps me remotely interested in consoles has to do with game compatibility and affordable VR. If they don't deliver quality games and hardware and dont seriously lay off the predatory micro transactions and gambling loot box bs, I'm done with consoles for good and sticking with PC gaming where after the initial expense of a gaming rig, its dirt cheap in comparison.

The greed of the corporate publishers is nothing short of disgraceful.
Yeah. PC will be how I game. XBox games I want I can typically get on PC (the exception being Fable 2). PS has some games I enjoy, especially with RPGs being my preferred genre, but even then game series I have long loved like Star Ocean and Final Fantasy would have been better had they went to crap because even that would be better than what they became. And with next gen prices, I can upgrade my PC for about as much and have far superior performance.
Anymore, Steam and GoG are my main go-to thingies for games (I'm super stoked for the next Vampire:The Masquerade game I saw advertised on GoG. Hopefully its not butchered since White Wolf has been defunct for years now).

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Yeah. PC will be how I game. XBox games I want I can typically get on PC (the exception being Fable 2). PS has some games I enjoy, especially with RPGs being my preferred genre, but even then game series I have long loved like Star Ocean and Final Fantasy would have been better had they went to crap because even that would be better than what they became. And with next gen prices, I can upgrade my PC for about as much and have far superior performance.
Anymore, Steam and GoG are my main go-to thingies for games (I'm super stoked for the next Vampire:The Masquerade game I saw advertised on GoG. Hopefully its not butchered since White Wolf has been defunct for years now).
I love Fable. I just wish they would tone it down with the dog a bit and god almighty, get rid of the flatulence! Its bad enough with Disney already as it is. Otherwise a great and fun game series.

I just hope it isn't ruthlessly destroyed by the publishers practice of pure out of control greed not just with lootboxes and gambling, but with minuplative algorithms designed to interfere with the game itself.

Erebus

god almighty, get rid of the flatulence!

Yes! Yes! Yes!

If I play as a grim, red-eyed embodiment of evil, it feels weird for them to fart at somebody.

The third game was particularly bad for that one, along with making you wear "hilarious" costumes to complete a quest.