• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PS3 - Network Registration privacy question

Onkara

Has anyone else read the T&C for Play Satiation 3? I read it and it said that they would share the user details after registration with their partners in countries which may not have the same data protection as the country in which you reside. This implies that people who have registered will not be able to control their personal data access. If you are not happy with that they advised that you should not register.

Fair enough, I cancelled as I would expect my personal data to be protected under the EU laws at least.

My question is can anyone who has registered tell me what details they asked for, did they take home address, birthday, phone number etc, or just an email or something very basic?

Gloone

I don't think they ask for anything personal, just the regular questions, like your birthday, name and e-mail. The networking with the PS3 is really nice. It syncs up with your computer if you run windows 7. Then you can pull up pictures and videos that you have on your PC an watch them on the Big screen if you have one. We usually buy or rent movies when they first come out on netflix, and watch it on the big screen in blueray or high-def. It is like a media center once you get it hooked up online, you can play all your games online for free through the PlayStation network too. Beats the subscription fee you would have to pay for playing them over Xbox live. :D