• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prove There is God

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Firdaus Mardhatillah said:
I'm not forcing you to believe in it. Just wanted to give away some knowledge.
No, you wanted to share some well-worn apologetics. That is both fine and proper. What it is not is knowledge, much less proof of God(s).

Tawn

Deut. 32.8 said:
Same tired old argument from complexity ...
Yeah.. much like winning the lottery and then claiming how unlikely the chances of that occuring are and assuming that destiny or something must have been involved.
If the earth had been slightly different then life would have been slightly different too.

Please understand, the earth and nature wasnt formed and defined according to our needs - we (and hence our needs) were formed and defined by the earth and nature.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Deut. 32.8 said:
Much less a superstition.
What the deuce??? Faith is nothing like superstition, a superstition is throwing salt over your shoulder and not walking under ladders. You'll never understand faith until you have it, its a feeling not a thought.

meogi

Halcyon said:
its a feeling not a thought.
Isn't a feeling not a thought. Just the brain interpreting things...

Not only that, but I'd argue that people who (truely) believe in supersitions, do so because of their feelings about said superstition.

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
meogi said:
Isn't a feeling not a thought. Just the brain interpreting things...

Not only that, but I'd argue that people who (truely) believe in supersitions, do so because of their feelings about said superstition.
A feeling is more than a thought, a thought can be impersonal, a feeling is like a thought from the 'soul'.

Yes, but also through habit.

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Yet the two can combine so easily. A thought itslef can make you feel in a mood, variable depending on the thought.

capthowdy

Astarot
Nice article, it was a collection of facts that anyone who took science class in the sixth grade already knew......although the scripture quotes were a nice touch, however unconvincing. My question is, if you know god exsists then why do you feel the need to try to prove it to others?

Purity

We put everything under a microscope to prove things. We research to find out things like the earth is round. What a great statement Prove God is real.

I don't have a microscope powerful enough. But I was taught I breathe in air I don't see it but someone said they proved it right? Probablly using a microscope. But I didn't actually do it myself I just took them at their word. I was also taught the world was round yet I did not travel it myself to really know it was true so I just took that at it's word too. So I will prove there is a God.

I talked to GOD today just like every other day. Will you take me at my word?

Malus 12:9

Temporarily Deactive.
Although your post has some valid points, ask this: How does one prove to another that he can run fast? He runs fast and wins medals. How does one prove he is a hard worker? He works hard.

Word is not always a good way to prove something, (well in most cases). Sometmes one must be shown.

I'm not abusing your post though Purity, as I said, it has some good points.