• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prove That God Should Believe In You

Does humanity survive?

• Only I am good enough. Everyone else dies!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Leave me and my girlfriend, and we'll repopulate the human race

• Just me and a couple friends

• Total voters

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
The question in all of this is, how will you defend humanity?
I wouldn't, and I'd call him a pudding brain if he didn't wear a mask because it immorally puts others at risk. I'd throw it in his face he is no different than spring breakers whk ignore the risk to party, or Church Goers who selfishly kill their pastor and fellow congregants so they can meet in person.
There's an atheist type making a big fuss.
Atheist, heathen, pagan, neo pagan, agnostic, Jewish, Muslim, Satanists, even other Christians are doing this thing you call an "atheist thing." Just because someone criticizes your religion doesn't make then an atheist.
This is common sense. If you declare I'm ignorant
If it were up to me, you'd legally be held for various manslaughter, murder, and public endangerment charges. Thilat us how serious this disease is. Over 300000 people are dead, many of them young and healthy people who had no preexisting health issues. Itll soon be officially over 400,000, and the real count is likely near or already over that. Willl even half a million dead be enough for you to accept facts and put aside these dangerous myths?.

ecco

Veteran Member
If you feel bad, stay home. This is common sense. If you declare I'm ignorant for agreeing with the bartender, consider this, if you feel bad, and don't stay home, endangering the lives over others because they aren't wearing masks... doesn't that make you a jerk?

By your logic, there should not be speed limits. I am an excellent driver with a very good car. I should be allowed to drive at any speed I feel is safe for me. If I do crash into your car, well, that's not my fault. You didn't have to be on the road -right?

A person who forces others to do things because they're assured of their own virtue, are by definition jerks.

So you say. But I'll bet you are all for forcing women to carry a pregnancy to full term because of some concept of your self-virtue.

Or suppose someone does have a valid reason for not wearing a mask, which is covered under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), yet you force them to wear it anyway, even if they know in their case that itmight worsen their condition (asthma or COPD, bad air is deadly).

When I sit next to you on an airplane with my Service Goat I'm sure you won't complain.

ecco

Veteran Member
But let's talk about something else. What sounded like a veiled threat.

You said, "When it comes to spreading diseases, ignorance is deadly." This is a curious phrase, because while most of those who died died from complications, not the disease itself, ...three people in particular died with no apparent pre-existing conditions. What did all of these people have in common that made them especially vulnerable to this disease that they died without being seriously sick before?

A pastor that called the whole thing a Mark of the Beast conspiracy
A bishop who defied social distance orders.
Someone who called Coronavirus "bull****."

I thought you would have understood "When it comes to spreading diseases, ignorance is deadly" it is deadly not only to those who are ignorant. It is also deadly to people who are aware and try to remain safe.

I'm not going to pool parties in the Ozarks or Redneck bars in Texas or packed choir-singing church services down the block. But the ignorant person who does may be the same person who delivers my groceries without a mask and sneezes in my face as I open the door.

ecco

Veteran Member
A pastor that called the whole thing a Mark of the Beast conspiracy.
A bishop who defied social distance orders.
Someone who called Coronavirus "bull****."

They were all COVID-19 deniers. So you'll forgive me, but this sounded like "If you know what's good for you, you'll agree with me. RIGHT?" No, sorry. Wrong.

I'm Christian, I'm Taoist, and I'm Buddhist. And I believe that both Christ and Buddha spoke against irrational resignment to fear or rules, at the expense of other things.

"It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: ‘I desire mercy, not sacrifice.’ For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners."

The church is for sinners, not the clean. It's for the sick. The poor. The suffering. Those the world rejected. Those people like you have called unclean even before they are tested.

Peter agrees with this, "You know how unlawful it is for a Jew to associate with a foreigner or visit him. But God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean."

What about Lao Tzu? Well, he didn't speak of a lot of things, cuz he was kind of quiet. But he did say some nice gems like, "In the highest antiquity, the people did not know that there were rulers.
In the next age they loved them and praised them.
In the next they feared them.
In the next they despised them."

If people are living in a state of fear, the sign is that the times are bad. That the rulers are rulers, not governors. This sounds like today. Our governors are hardly invisible, but rather we know them by name. When they ruled justly, they barely even made the papers.

Buddha teaches the way to be free of fear is to accept fear.

"Confined in a cage up against the wall, pressed against the barriers, if you linger in thought holding back your potential, you will remain mired in fear and frozen in inaction. If, on the other hand, you advance fearlessly and without hesitation, you manifest your power as a competent adept of the way, passing through entanglements and barriers without hindrance to time and season. A great peace is attained. How do you advance fearlessly and without hesitation?"

Buddhist Teachings on Fear and Fearlessness - Lion's Roar

It explains that we overcome fear by fearing the right thing. So, what is the right thing?

Well, I dunno, but the Christians have one answer.

Matthew 10:28

Anyway, you proved my point! The point is "how do people act during this thing?" And your first (and only) reaction is to ignore the topic entirely (topic derailment is not cool), and instead spend all of your energy trying to rebuke me for being afraid, and to threaten me. I don't need to be afraid. Not of anyone.

If you want to be afraid, that's your lookout. But I need to follow the teachings of my faith.

If there is something of value is the above-quoted wall of words, I missed it because it was mostly proselytizing (aka junk I don't bother reading).

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Asymptomatic means "having no visible symptoms" YET. When the lungs begin filling up, there are telling symptoms. At that point, the individual is no longer considered to be asymptomatic. That is not very hard to understand, is it?
While that is true, this debate is doing damage. Many people do report never having any symptoms. It happens. It happens often, and frequently enough we should act on the assumption some people remain asymptomatic. This is why many llaces have emphasized mask wearing so you don't spread it incase you are asymptomatic. And, also, because people are most contagious just before they are symptomatic. It's a fact it spreads asymptomatically. Whether or not these people remain as such is really of no concern when it comes to prevention and containment. We must all, for the sake of those around us those we come into contact with, assume we are carrying the virus and remember we don't know what it will do to those around us and even our own self. IMO, the risks are just too high to assume without reason of necessity, especially when we consider the risk of not only death but of serious illness (which does total body damage).

ecco

Veteran Member
But I wanna know if people can think of any positives to human life, since right now I can't.

The church is for sinners, not the clean. It's for the sick. The poor. The suffering.

If you can't think of any positives, it sounds like you are one of the people suffering.

Anyway, you proved my point! The point is "how do people act during this thing?" And your first (and only) reaction is to ignore the topic entirely (topic derailment is not cool), and instead spend all of your energy trying to rebuke me for being afraid, and to threaten me. I don't need to be afraid. Not of anyone.

Where did I accuse you of being afraid? Quite the contrary. You are the one who seems so unafraid that she is against social distancing. I'm far more fearful than that.

If you want to be afraid, that's your lookout. But I need to follow the teachings of my faith.

=========================================

So back to topic. Are humans worth it? Should God believe in us?

Which God? Your God? Or any of the other imagined gods?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I'm not going to pool parties in the Ozarks or Redneck bars in Texas or packed choir-singing church services down the block. But the ignorant person who does may be the same person who delivers my groceries without a mask and sneezes in my face as I open the door.
This, at least for me, is the most frustrating part. I'm not being wreckless. Yet, when I go grocery shopping, those standing next to me who are being reckless are putting me at a higher risk. My mom, she's basically acting as though there is still a stay at home order. Those young pudding brains who arent wearing a mask when they go to the movies, they are putting everyone in the theatre at risk, and all those people now pose an elevated risk to my mom when they go grocery shopping.
These pudding brains want to downplay the risk and pretend they are the only ones at risk. This is why good science classes are necessary. This is why it is important we teach critical thinking and philosophy in school (as it deals heavily with evaluating information). This is why religion has no place being involved with public school curriculum. They teach evolution is justva theory, biology is watered down, and now it seems few comprehend the basics of disease transmissions, viruses, and the ethical and moral implications behind our actions at this time.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When a human argues they argue about their term God, as based on their Holy Land or country by self presence DNA or personal ethics.

Yet everyone says whose God is the best God.

What about whose parents were the same 2 spiritual beings x multi presence who owned our life?

And what about reasoning they are proven in science studies to have genetically owned the same life bodies...and so we should ask how can that be?

Then say, well if males invented science and terms and references for males as humans, then aren't you always claiming God in science by self representation?

Self being present, human being present, large communities and hence a large conscious ideal of being aware of self and then everyone else.

Wouldn't that concept, be your own self discussing your own self in conscious awareness of your own humanity wondering why some humans are spiritual and like an extended family member and yet others are so cruel.

For in the Nature of living on a planet we know the planet as a body is reactive.

In its owned Nature.

How about asking self as a human why most males claim a He when claiming God statements, when HE, the male self is the describer and inferred to all cosmological historical creation and created bodies of powers?

I know that our spiritual Father, as a human spirit, is in the eternal being with our Mother spirit, and they lived and died. And now back in eternal both of them own their own very large eternal body...that when it came out of the eternal moved into separated small bodies...by conditions atmospheric gases.

So our concept of self awareness is 2 very large beings in reality of those who know that we have spirit in eternal when our bio life dies.

I know God is a planet...I know that the gases are gases. I know that image and voice is machine projected and owns large cloud imagery feed back...and I never knew that the image of Jesus was seen in the clouds until I learnt about it a few years ago.....never even realized what they were talking about.

The argument for science today about proving God is that they want God to be the eternal in a theory that if they get to understand the spirit of God they will own a never ending resource.

If they were enabled to use God up as a resource, then how would they expect God to exist afterwards...which does not seem to pose a problem for anyone who seems to claim that they believe in God.

If I thought that God was in creation and a scientist said well I am going to resource God, that someone would get very angry...but you do not.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
Asymptomatic means "having no visible symptoms" YET. When the lungs begin filling up, there are telling symptoms. At that point, the individual is no longer considered to be asymptomatic. That is not very hard to understand, is it?

Do you you really have nothing better to do than believe third-rate lies?

Suppose I am asymptomatic for cold. This means no runny nose, no sore throat, no fever, no sneezing, no stuffiness, and so on. No suppose it's contagious despite this. Oh no, he'll get... but the person you spread to is also asymptomatic. So he gets no symptoms either. And maybe it spreads to another person, also no symptoms. What do we have? A joke.

And it's a joke in terrible taste, because in the meantime, because you are afraid to death of catching... nothing, you push people away. You set up masks, gloves, sterility precautions, distance, and isolation. These are PEOPLE you know, but because you're afraid of a big bad virus, you've locked everyone around you in cages. Maybe it's a serious disease. Fine, stay indoors! Maybe it's not. Maybe the "cure" is way worse thab any imaginable disease. I wouldn't do this to my worst enemy. I'd tell them at most, stay away from my town, but I can't imagine saying to anyone "Stay indoors until further notice. You're sick (with no proof they are sick) and I don't want you anywhere near me."

As to everyone who declares that rioters have the right to go do their thing, but legitimate businesses who wanted to open again for months, were told they couldn't, and then got bricks or incendiary objects tossed at their place... you are the problem.
As to everyone who demands others wear masks or not enter their shop, yet claims walls are evil when Trump talks about them, you are the problem. People want to enter, people want to be your customers again, and you're treating them like unwanted animals to be driven off because they don't have their muzzle.
And as for everyone who is okay with heading to restaurants but thinks that churches, synagogues, and mosques are inherently unclean as are those who attend, you are the problem.

You ought to be treated exactly as you treat others.

But I'm not leaving it up to me. I'm leaving it up to you. I'm tired of humanity, so I'll probably check out within the next year. How ever you treat others from now on will be your fate. You can go on believing that people are basically good while you push away people, for not having masks and gloves and not standing far enough away. Your fortune will be "You will be alone, and feel my loneliness and rejection from all the people you meet. When this virus passes, people will know what you said on Facebook and how you behaved. May you live as long as humanly possible." For those who tried their best to remain in personal relationships, "Let those you care for be reunited with you. Let those who made these rules cease to matter as you pass away from this terrible world." And to those who profit off the blood and sweat of others, passing edicts against their loved ones, their lives, and their happiness, "May you live forever." As for me, I'm gonna finish my book, and having lost all my friends outside mt family, after that I'll probably just walk off into the forest or something. I've decided I don't like much about this world.

Last edited:

ecco

Veteran Member
Do you you really have nothing better to do than believe third-rate lies?

Suppose I am asymptomatic for cold. This means no runny nose, no sore throat, no fever, no sneezing, no stuffiness, and so on. No suppose it's contagious despite this. Oh no, he'll get... but the person you spread to is also asymptomatic. So he gets no symptoms either. And maybe it spreads to another person, also no symptoms. What do we have? A joke.

What we have so far is a meaningless ramble. What third rate lies? Do you mean the 100,000 deaths is a lie? Do you mean only 10,000 people have died?

As to everyone who declares that rioters have the right to go do their thing, but legitimate businesses who wanted to open again for months, were told they couldn't, and then got bricks or incendiary objects tossed at their place... you are the problem.

??? I'm the problem? Do you think I'm the doctors who recommended social distancing? I'm flattered.

As to everyone who demands others wear masks or not enter their shop, yet claims walls are evil when Trump talks about them, you are the problem. People want to enter, people want to be your customers again, and you're treating them like unwanted animals to be driven off because they don't have their muzzle.
And as for everyone who is okay with heading to restaurants but thinks that churches, synagogues, and mosques are inherently unclean as are those who attend, you are the problem.

I think all of the above are potential breeding grounds. I would also include any and all large public gatherings. But if the Republican President wants to hold a big-as-usual convention, I'm OK with that.

But I'm not leaving it up to me. I'm leaving it up to you. I'm tired of humanity, so I'll probably check out within the next year.

Maybe that comes from being religious/spiritual. We atheists just take things in stride.

How ever you treat others from now on will be your fate. You can go on believing that people are basically good while you push away people, for not having masks and gloves and not standing far enough away. Your fortune will be "You will be alone, and feel my loneliness and rejection from all the people you meet. When this virus passes, people will know what you said on Facebook and how you behaved. May you live as long as humanly possible." For those who tried their best to remain in personal relationships, "Let those you care for be reunited with you.

Well, I don't know about your family and friends. Mine are all OK with social distancing. It's all about respect for the well being of others.

February-Saturday

Devil Worshiper
I'm sorry to hear about your predicament. This total lockdown is intimidating and exhausting, and it's lead to a lot of people finding themselves off-balance in life.

Sometimes suffering can build up to the point that it becomes a vicious cycle. We make harmful choices because we're too preoccupied with our suffering to make better ones, and then our suffering gets worse as a consequence of our harmful choices. I think a lot of people have just been shuffled into that cycle suddenly. Regardless of whether they deserve it or not, it's a lot of pain that I wouldn't wish on anyone.

It can be challenging trying to accept that feeling of unbearable pain, but throwing yourself at the world or fighting yourself will only cause more suffering. I don't think humans need a God to judge them, or a devil to torment them, because the consequences of our thoughts and attitudes do that on their own. So much of our psychological and emotional pain is self-inflicted, stuck in cycles we don't realize we're in and don't know how to break.

The cycles can be broken, by forgiving yourself and others, letting go of your need for control, practicing radical acceptance, and just taking a step back to observe your own mind. Slowly, you'll grow in awareness, and from there you can begin to heal.

You won't heal instantly, you still have to bear the consequences of poor self-care, but slowly things will begin to grow easier. Large changes can feel like endings, but they're not.

I wish you the best, Samantha. If you need somebody to reach out to, feel free to message me. I might not always be on, but I will reply eventually. You shouldn't be without friends.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
Matthew 16:18
And I tell you, you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.

Who taught that the Church was God, the concepts of...……..is it proven yet?

VoidoftheSun

Necessary Heretical, Fundamentally Orthodox
In that scenario, humanity's faults would be God's faults.

To use a Biblical metaphor: if a pot has flaws, it's the fault of the potter, not the pot. How good or bad God is as a creator is evidenced by the quality of his creation.

That is a very odd, yet slightly satisfying, argument for the 'existence of God'.

Samantha Rinne

Resident Genderfluid Writer/Artist
In Virginia, supposedly they are moving to phase three this coming Friday. And today, there's a farmer's market where people can attend in large crowds as long as they all wear masks outdoors. And tomorrow, they have a church service as long as same rules.

Maybe you'd think I'd be pleased since I want to meet people again.

Maybe you'd be wrong.

Between the heat upstairs and the humidity, I feel like there's and embolism or something in my skull. Yuge headache, and I'm honestly sick of humanity being sick of me.

Isaiah 29:13
Matthew 15:1-10

"But we kept our cities safe! We kept people from dying of the disease!"

Yes, at what cost? You kept people isolated. You kept lonely people in a state worse than death. Some of them would have rather DIED than continue on another month. And what of those who had no masks, and thus had no means of shopping for food or supplies? What of those who lost their jobs due to these restrictions?

Hosea 6:6

Where was your mercy when people needed it?

As a task to keep my mind occupied through this madness, I decided to rate businesses from A to F, based on hospitality rating. A being either ignored or was immune to the 10 person restrictions and mask edicts, C being following these things but honestly caring about customers enough to try to serve them in person from their car, and an F involves being so concerned over safety that you forbid people beyond what is necessary (my library gets a C rating, the Food Lion gets an A provided they haven't buckled to this mask edict, but these two outdoor events get an F rating). But it depressed me, and honestly I couldn't tell about which ones had been forced closed by the government nor without personally testing, I couldn't tell which uphold these standards and which merely pay lip service to them. And frankly, I don't like the idea of putting people in a difficult position.

Matthew 25:31-46

This is the sort of thing that businesses, and indeed people ought to be following. Instead, they are congratulating themselves.

"Lord, we practiced racial justice! Look look! Black are no longer having police near them!"

And what if they need help? What happens when their old boyfriend breaks into their house and tried to rape them? Or someone tries to hurt and kill them? Gee, let's call a social worker. What of gangs of thugs that set up shop in areas wifhout cops? What of blacks who defend their communities as police who are now told to sod off?

Was this really about justice?

Luke 20:46-47

Or is this really about being greeted at the marketplace? It looks good to say that police are the problem, until the "widows and orphans" (of which, I'm told the black community has many, thanks to thug culture taking most of their fathers to prison or dugs) have their lives ruined.

Humanity will be forgiven, but I'm gonna leave you all with some disturbing thoughts.

this-is-just-a-test-bumper_scruberthumbnail_1.jpg

If this had been an actual apocalypse (who knows, it still could be), I don't favor everyone's chances, given what I've seen.

How about everyone about to make excuses in response to what I wrote just now, instead try practicing hospitality (from which we get the word hospital, a place for making people well)? I don't care if you are atheist! Have some human kindness. Someone is sick, visit them anyway. Someone needs food, give it to them. Someone needs clothing, help them buy it.

If you have the means to buy and sell and they never got a mask, how about you show us that you actually have this virtue you are always signalling?

Because otherwise I have a feeling that God will tell us he doesn't believe in us. We people who like the Avatar "when the world needed him most, he vanished..."

Last edited:

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Mods, can you move this to Interfaith? I think that's where it actually goes

I hear, day in and day out people making a loud fuss about how they don't believe in God and/or God isn't real.

So let's ask something. Suppose for second, as all these TV commercials say "these difficult times"... suppose these times are actually End Times. God created the universe, then Earth with its plants, animals, fish, whatever platypi are, space aliens, and evolved humans up to the point that they could travel to other worlds if things got too crowded.

But instead of doing cool stuff like inventing that hoverboard from Back to the Future, by that point everyone wasted their time on Facebook posting cat memes. And humanity has lost touch with each other. People dividing into political camps, and not even gathering for Christmas or Easter or Thanksgiving. People staring ar computer or tablet screens.
And then came the virus scare. Do you realize that in some parts of America, the Christian churches have basically been sold out by theor own bishops? Their governors say they can attend church, but it doesn't matter, because they've basically locked off services? That when people need people the most, everyone wants to guilt trip them about "Think of other people you might infect!" Am I sick? Am I coughing or sneezing? So what is this treating HEALTHY people like they're unclean? When someone comes to your food shop and they're actually starving and you say " Yes we're open but really only to people who wear masks, and you people who don't have masks or can't wear them (conditions like asthma or COPD or dust allergy) or won't wear them (concern over the thing being like the Mark of the Beast, since you can't buy or sell without it) don't get any food, " aren't you basically letting people starve over regulations? And there's governors who are basically being tyrants, locking merchants up for trying to open anyway, because it's unworkable by curbside (Dunkin Donuts is curbside, but you cannot really pick donuts except by sight, we went there and they gave us a list of stuff but we couldn't tell what we were ordering so we just picked plain, glazed, and powdered; likewise wineries need to be able to see the wines there) and it's either open anyway and risk arrest or go out of business. And while all this hysteria goes on, people still die of other diseases. People still die of poverty or suicide. People still die in their own filth because they have no home, or have been evicted. People still die from war. Only now, when people want to pray most, they are told "sorry no praying allowed, there's a limit of 10 people, and your bishop has closed the church anyway."

So suppose God is looking at all of this from Heaven, and he sees that not only have people seemed to get worse rather than better, but they're angry and faithless whenever God's name is mentioned. Suppose he even comes down as a human like you or me, to look at how things are firsthand. And he also gets rejected and turned away for not having a mask.

------------------------------------------------------

The question in all of this is, how will you defend humanity?

Do we have the right to keep existing? Is there enough good in us? Is God's grace such that most of these petty ways we treat other humans still forgiven? Or can you make more of a case for God to just stop believing in humanity, and let it destroy itself (more by not having sex because it's getting within 6 feet than anything else)?

Yes, I know this is dark. But I wanna know if people can think of any positives to human life, since right now I can't.

I agree with your sentinent. People with history of ling disease and allergies can't go to their bank. The bank turns them away. The asymptomatic issue sounds like panic. We don't always know when we're in a state of panic.

Your.questions, I'm not the best to answer them intelligently. End of times is a ridiculous belief to me.

We have the right to exist. We can't take it for granted. We will die. Maybe God isn't and can't look down but out own fear makes god (our spirit) trapped and we feel subjected to our feelings and spirit. Though not my belief, that sounds like what it is. Take inherited sin. People think we're broken. We're in a state of inner depression. Mind, consciousness, spirit, self, etc. Something is wrong and needs to be overcome. That's the gist.

Anyway, we put less faith in humanity and say things about it without blaming ourselves as we blame others. I'm not sure how his can "see" anything. I do see if people connect with their God, they'd see themselves and/in humanity worth saving.

VoidoftheSun

Necessary Heretical, Fundamentally Orthodox
But not the omnimax, benevolent, God described by Abrahamic religionists. It completely contradicts those assorted gods.

Tom

Well it certainly doesn't contradict how Atheists and how certain forms of Gnosticism have seen it to be (like Marcionites, Sethians, and Manichaeans too).

In context he's really provided some brilliant "proof" actually.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
When any human says God to me, I think science, and say stone philosophy of the planet and pi O movement in the upper heavenly mass. Natural.

When I say Father of God, I think of my Father spiritual self human.....who came out of the eternal spirit with my Holy Mother...as humans who manifested spiritually.

And then brother/Father as an adult the scientist who changed God.

As I love my spiritual human Father, I then love my spiritual human adult brother, who invented the science of God, yet is not any occult follower.

I love the Father of God seeing humans are the spiritual being and own all spiritual rationale and irrational behaviour as a spiritual being, human.

Might be why the bible states, no man is God, as man or woman.

So Father of all God quotes, I love my Holy brother, but the occult liar of a brother, no one has yet stopped you, Destroyer science self. Seeing God science was always just science....or Satanism actually.

If God the planet could love me, then I know it would. If God pi O movement could love me, it would. When the Father of God, all terms/references loves me, he sure proved himself in my life, so why would I not love him?

Oh, that is right, the scientist God destroyer does not want us to love anyone.