• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prove: Satan does (not) exist

I Dare Satan to kill me to prove He exists

• 1: I died, so Satan is true

• 2: I died, so Satan might be true

• 3: I died NOT, so Satan is false

• 4: I died NOT, so Satan might be false

• 5: Too risky this experiment, I'll watch

• 6: I might participate maybe later

• 7: Satan won't take the challenge

• 8: I believe Satan exists

• 9: I believe Satan does not exist

• 10: I believe Satan is symbolic

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bob the Unbeliever

That is where you are wrong. I have always read the Bible on my own. I was not saved in a church or any Christian group. Though, I have attended various churches over the years, I have never been a member of any church. I do not rely on others and anything I hear from any pastor or whoever is tested against the scriptures..

Sadly, that's not an argument in your favor-- that you cannot get along with any organized branch of christianity? But I must say, that does explain some things....

I can't help but think that you've have such a misrepresentation of God in your past that you can't read the scriptures without the twisted lens you've experienced, or else you just don't want to see the truth and love of God for whatever reason..

I can't help but think that you've had such a misrepresentation of god in your life that you cannot read the scriptures without the twisted, false "rose colored lenses" of wishful non-think, to see the fact that the bible's god is just a terrorist-bully. There is no love there.
I have no doubts about God as the only source of love and true freedom.

Indeed. Doubts would let you see the truth of what the ugly bible actually says, and the consequences of infinite torture/suffering/whatever...

Bob the Unbeliever

I have to assume you don’t have the scripture to support your claim, otherwise you would have shown it.

Naaah.... I really don't care all that much---- anyone who believes in an imaginary Bad Guy?

Is immune to rational thinking, scripture or not.

Rise

I have to assume you don’t have the scripture to support your claim, otherwise you would have shown it.

That seems to be a pattern.
I don't think he's tried to reference an actual scripture in this thread to support his claims about the Bible since his second to last response to me. After which I so eviscerated his illogical and incorrect use of Scripture that he had no way to respond, so rather than admit he was wrong he just said he was ignoring me.

I get the impression he doesn't want what he believes about the Bible being challenged by pestering things like facts and reason. He wants to plug his ears and pretend they don't exist.
People who are genuinely seeking the truth don't get mad when people demonstrate with facts and reasons why what they believed was incorrect - they thank them for helping them get closer to the truth.

Last edited:

Goodman John

If ones reads the OT with the view that it's backward- that it's Satan actually in charge and visiting all the death and destruction and jealousy and sending out aggressive vegetarians then it makes sense. Those are not the actions of a kind, loving god at all- sounds more like a tyrannical nightmare. Even if one looks at the OT in a vacuum- without the contrasting God of the NT- the OT deity is a pretty harsh character on his own. If you saw a god visiting all these horrors on the world, why on earth would you rush to worship such a being? Or would you do so out of fear, to curry favor and hopefully avoiding having your city nuked from orbit just to be sure there were no backsliders hiding out?