• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

PROVE ME WRONG... All religions are fake.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Insert arguments below
Name your religion and convince me that it is true
Sure. Christianity fits the definition of a religion;

"Religion [is] a cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements."
source: Wikipedia

So, Christianity is not a fake religion, but a true religion. Not a true overnight bag, a true pasta dinner, or a true pipe fitting in aisle 11 at Home Depot, but a true religion. And as such, exists as at least one example that proves your contention, all religions are fake, to be wrong.

Last edited:

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Insert arguments below

All religions are "true" to the believer, --- for a given value of true.

True that the threshold of truth is low or the definition of true is completely misrepresented. But (usually) the believer believes their religion is true... thats faith for ya!

Mindmaster

Premium Member
Insert arguments below

That's not our way... :D Our way is to find that answer yourself.

Secondly, why would a spiritual being invest in you if you're not open to learn something about them? You're a speck... They have other people whom do invest in them and are more worth of their time. If you are not actively open to that communication why would a single spiritual being waste their time with you?

Anyway, I regret to admit that in the past I was this anti-theist but I changed. The truth is accessible to anyone if they're truly interested -- if your mind is all made up and you have nothing to learn. Why waste the time stomping on everyone else's flowerbed? If you're happy in your anti-theism and they're happy with it why not live and let live? :D

To all those saying why? Because this is a forum for religious debates, and I for one like controversial debates such as these. I can learn new stuff and maybe others can learn from me aswell, I love these hot topics and I am sorry if it annoys you, if you want you can not read at all.

Sure. Christianity fits the definition of a religion;

"Religion [is] a cultural system of designated behaviors and practices, worldviews, texts, sanctified places, prophecies, ethics, or organizations, that relates humanity to supernatural, transcendental, or spiritual elements."
source: Wikipedia

So, Christianity is not a fake religion, but a true religion. Not a true overnight bag, a true pasta dinner, or a true pipe fitting in aisle 11 at Home Depot, but a true religion. And as such, exists as at least one example that proves your contention, all religions are fake, to be wrong.

By saying "all religions are fake" I do not mean the man-made definition that was given. I mean the actual "god" that each religion is built up on. Is that religion real? Or was it made by humans? That is what I am asking.

That's not our way... :D Our way is to find that answer yourself.

Secondly, why would a spiritual being invest in you if you're not open to learn something about them? You're a speck... They have other people whom do invest in them and are more worth of their time. If you are not actively open to that communication why would a single spiritual being waste their time with you?

Anyway, I regret to admit that in the past I was this anti-theist but I changed. The truth is accessible to anyone if they're truly interested -- if your mind is all made up and you have nothing to learn. Why waste the time stomping on everyone else's flowerbed? If you're happy in your anti-theism and they're happy with it why not live and let live? :D
I did not say I did not want to learn anything. The point of this topic is because I like discussing controversial topics and I want to learn new things, that is what I meant by convince me, so that the person involved will try their best to make me learn new things. I was a christian once, then I stopped believing, then back to christian and now stopped believing again, so who knows, they might actually convince me.

Sort of. Religions can have fake things in them, of course.

The problem is, you didn't give a test by which you want to determine real or fake. Like most on the forums, you're just saying something without any discussion.

So, have a test?

Atheists generally don't want to have this discussion.

Heres a challenge, worship satan earnestly, as you can, then later tell us if anything happens. Are you up for it?
I did not put anything because I want you guys to start and it is hard to put something in general for every religion, , that is why I said any religion, if I said this about a specific religion, than sure I would've put something.

All religions are "true" to the believer, --- for a given value of true.

True that the threshold of truth is low or the definition of true is completely misrepresented. But (usually) the believer believes their religion is true... thats faith for ya!
I believe that no religion is real, I want people to convince me wrong. I did not mean to say that you all believe in something that is not true. Everyone believe what they want, the only thing I do not support is parents making you believe what they want, meaning your faith is basically determined where you are born, as what I believe happens to 99% of the humans in the world.