• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Protests Stopping People From Getting Vaccinated

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You were complaining about mandates. Yet you are OK with the mandates that require drug testing for many jobs.

You need to explain the glaring inconsistency.
You don't see a difference between being forced to take a drug and being required to not be high on the job?

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
You don't see a difference between being forced to take a drug and being required to not be high on the job?
Mandates are mandates, and all businesses, public or private, have at least some mandates. However, one does have the choice of switching jobs if they don't want specific mandates.

ecco

Veteran Member
Unfortunately, I wasn't an adult to chose whether I wanted to take the vaccines or not. So, the argument is irrelevant.

The argument is relevant from the standpoint that, if your parents believed like you do and refused the Polio vaccine for you, you might be in an iron lung or dead.

Furtunately for you, they knew how to understand and weigh the risks.

There are seizure meds my doctor AND I chose not to take/give me because of side effects and others he chose to give me because the side effects were low.

The side effects from the covid vaccines are negligible. The side effects from covid are many months in a hospital to death and, on the other side, mild symptoms. Even the mild symptom cases carry the threat of along haul symptoms.

I personally know people in all these categories.

In each and every case, the vaccinated people did better than the unvaccinated.

COVID vaccine isn't special in these regards of discerning what to take and not to take.

You are right, it isn't. Which makes it even harder to understand your point of view.

I'll repeat, In each and every case, the vaccinated people did better than the unvaccinated.

ecco

Veteran Member
Yes, and the unvaccinated minority is getting smaller by the day due to dying from Covid.
No. They're getting smaller because people choose to vaccinate.

Are you denying that unvaccinated people are dying? Do you understand that a dead person is no longer counted as being in the minority of people who didn't get vaccinated? Therefore, one of the reasons the unvaccinated minority is getting smaller by the day is due to dying from Covid.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Mandates are mandates, and all businesses, public or private, have at least some mandates. However, one does have the choice of switching jobs if they don't want specific mandates.
Yes I can't go to work stoned or drunk or naked in most places. Again that's a far cry from having to take a shot in order to hold that job. In some cases a shot that goes against my principles.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member

ecco

Veteran Member
What differences?

Stoned cab drivers can cause injury and death to their passengers.
Unvaccinated cab drivers can cause injury and death to their passengers.

Stoned hospital workers can cause injury and death to their patients.
Unvaccinated hospital workers can cause injury and death to their patients.

Stoned restaurant workers can ... make their customers happy?
Unvaccinated restaurant workers can cause injury and death to their customers.

Oh, I guess you are right, there are differences.

However, let's not drift too far from the topic. You railed against Government mandates. Now it sounds like you believe there is justification for some mandates but not others. In other words, if @Wildswanderer likes the mandate, MANDATES ARE GOOD. If @Wildswanderer doesn't like the mandate, MANDATES ARE BAD. I don't think we should make policy based on your opinions.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
The side effects from the covid vaccines are negligible. The side effects from covid are many months in a hospital to death and, on the other side, mild symptoms. Even the mild symptom cases carry the threat of along haul symptoms.

I personally know people in all these categories.

In each and every case, the vaccinated people did better than the unvaccinated.

Most unvaccinated are talking of adverse side effects not regular side effects you get from most meds. Though I never knew fevers and shakes are normal side effects to vaccines. That would bother me too. I haven't had a fever in centuries.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Are you denying that unvaccinated people are dying? Do you understand that a dead person is no longer counted as being in the minority of people who didn't get vaccinated? Therefore, one of the reasons the unvaccinated minority is getting smaller by the day is due to dying from Covid.

No.
Yes.
In part.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The old vaccines were not created in the same fashion.
True.
The Covid vaccines are much safer than the original
polio vaccines. And mRNA technology has been
around for a couple decades. Nothing new there.

Do you think all these anti-vaxers are knowledgeable
about the dangers of vaccines & SARS-CoV-2?
When I discuss the issues with them, I've found them
highly misinformed & uninformed. Criminy...a lowly
ambulance driver or cop thinks they know more about
epidemiology than epidemiologists. Go figure.

Last edited:

Kenny

Face to face with my Father
Premium Member
Bill to Protect Californians’ Rights to Get Vaccinated and Protects Freedom of Speech Passes Asm. Public Safety Committee
Bill to Protect Californians’ Rights to Get Vaccinated and Protects Freedom of Speech Passes Asm. Public Safety Committee

It seems that California had to pass a bill to prevent people from being harassed when going to get their Covid 19 shot.
6123c1183c456.image.jpg

Not that I'm a fan of mandates or extra laws but the simple fact that the sooner everyone gets vaccinated, the sooner I can stop wearing the damn mask.
The latest map FROM MAYO CLINIC:
U.S. Coronavirus Map: Tracking the Trends
Shows Florida as the least amount of cases per 100,000. Just 10 per 100,000

I'm in Florida... GOOOOOOOO FLORIDA! :)

Kenny

Premium Member
Really, I'm having a house built in south Florida.
My son is already in Florida, he doesn't like he heat and the bugs.
I think that happens on purpose... otherwise everyone would want to live here. :D

I LOOOVE air conditioning! :D

And bug repelent.

metis

Yes I can't go to work stoned or drunk or naked in most places. Again that's a far cry from having to take a shot in order to hold that job. In some cases a shot that goes against my principles.
But that's still up to the business as they're the ones who establish the rules we may work under. However, if there's a union involved, then that may be a matter of what the wording of their contract is. Even if there's not a union, anyone can take it to court. Most of the court decisions I've read or heard about have gone in favor of the business/organization.

In education, I had mandates to keep my job, such as I had to get a TB shot every spring for a few years. To me, that made sense because we're talking about the lives and well-being of other staff and our students. So, why would I fight that?

metis

But it certainly wasn't always that way, as for quite a while you's had the highest rate of covid deaths per capita. And here in Michigan, we don't have a governor that's pro-death like DeSantis, who's also displays about as many conservative values as did Nicholai Lenin, such as taking decision-making away from local jurisdictions, including school districts, that endangers people's lives. Barry Goldwater must be turning over in his grave with these so called "conservatives" like DeSantis and Trump.

:p

Kenny

Premium Member
But it certainly wasn't always that way, as for quite a while you's had the highest rate of covid deaths per capita. And here in Michigan, we don't have a governor that's pro-death like DeSantis, who's also displays about as many conservative values as did Nicholai Lenin, such as taking decision-making away from local jurisdictions, including school districts, that endangers people's lives. Barry Goldwater must be turning over in his grave with these so called "conservatives" like DeSantis and Trump.

:p
LOL....

Yesterday's guru Whitmar could be today's pro-death with 38/100000 covid positive results.

Yesterday's pro-death DeSantis is today's guru.

As far as values:
She's at It Again: Gov. Whitmer Caught Maskless at DC Bar in Violation of Mandates
again????

:rolleyes:

Should we be even discussing politics? :)

ecco

Veteran Member

Florida, under Republican Governor DeSantis has underreported statistics since the beginning of the pandemic.

https://www.news4jax.com/news/local...o-create-artificial-decline-in-recent-deaths/
Published: September 1, 2021 3:31 pm
Did Florida change COVID-19 reporting to create ‘artificial decline’ in recent deaths?
“If you chart deaths by Florida’s new method, based on date of death, it will generally appear — even during a spike like the present — that deaths are on a recent downslope. That’s because it takes time for deaths to be evaluated and death certificates processed,” according to The Herald. “When those deaths finally are tallied, they are assigned to the actual date of death — creating a spike where there once existed a downslope and moving the downslope forward in time.”

Shivani Patel, a social epidemiologist and assistant professor at Emory University, told the South Florida newspaper the move by the state was “extremely problematic.”

Did you miss this part in the article you linked...
What you can do

Get a COVID-19 vaccine as soon as it's available to you.​