• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Protests Stopping People From Getting Vaccinated

ecco

Veteran Member
All I gotta say is the media is doing its job making sure everyone turns against each other.
Yep. Blame the media for reporting what people are doing. Don't blame the people who are making it more difficult to get vaccinated.

I guess all those people who died from the pandemic died because the press reported death statistics.

I guess you want to blame the press for quoting Trump saying "It's no big deal and will be over by summer", instead of blaming Trump for misleading people.

I guess you prefer to be ignorant of what is going on rather than being aware of the actual situations.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
Not with my last two sentences as you are picking & choosing positions in a highly partisan and disingenuous manner while claiming to be pro-life but in reality being pro-death on this issue.

All governments issue mandates, so what about this do you not understand? The only serious question is "Are these X mandates legal and necessary?". If you're a Christian, then I would suggest being pro-life and encouraging people to get the vaccine and mask-up as I would expect that Jesus would be doing if he was physically here. If not, then you're simply being pro-death and doing the opposite of "love one another as I have loved you" per Jesus' most basic message. Misinformation is literally killing people in this country.

So, are you going to be pro-life or pro-death? Your choice.
Now you know what Jesus would do and you are speaking for him?
Ok!?
And no, the mandates aren't legal.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
Yep. Blame the media for reporting what people are doing. Don't blame the people who are making it more difficult to get vaccinated.

I guess all those people who died from the pandemic died because the press reported death statistics.

I guess you want to blame the press for quoting Trump saying "It's no big deal and will be over by summer", instead of blaming Trump for misleading people.

I guess you prefer to be ignorant of what is going on rather than being aware of the actual situations.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
guess you want to blame the press for quoting Trump saying "It's no big deal and will be over by summer", instead of blaming Trump for misleading people.

I don't care for trump.

I blame Biden for these mandates and propaganda.

I'm not rep or dem.

ecco

Veteran Member
And no, the mandates aren't legal.
On what do you base that assertion?

Are requirements for kids to get measles and polio vaccines before entering school also not legal?

Please explain.

Ever notice that temporary rules often end up being permanent rules whether they make sense or not?

Sure, there are still ridiculous religious laws on the books that prevent people from buying alcohol on a Sunday. That's one of the blue laws that were instigated by holier-than-thou Christians who tried to control people's consumption of alcohol.

On the other hand, there are rules that make it mandatory for kids to receive certain vaccines before entering school. There has not been a case of polio in this country in over 40 years. That is a good thing. No more kids suffering like this one...
high_res

What was the point you were trying to make?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
On what do you base that assertion?
No due process. A law has to go through the proper procedures. Mandates aren't laws. There's a very good chance that the president's mandate about companies with over 100 employees needed to be vaccinated will be struck down in court for example.

ecco

Veteran Member
I blame Biden for these mandates...

I credit Biden for trying to establish mandates. However, the only reason they are necessary is that people don't accept the pandemic for what it is.

It's no worse than a case of the flu. Except that it is a lot worse.
If God wants to take me, God will take me. Duh!
Masks make it hard to breathe. So does Covid - very hard.
If I get it, I'll isolate so that I won't give it to anyone else. Over 732,000 "anyone else's" got if from people with that mindset.

I blame Biden for ... propaganda.

prop·a·gan·da
/ˌpräpəˈɡandə/

noun
  1. 1.
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
Biden, Fauci, the mainstream press, have not issued statements of a misleading nature.

Fox, OAN, right-wing talking heads, born-again Christians, even RF posters, have issued statements of a misleading nature.

Examples can bee seen in most of the threads in the Covid sub-forum. I'll not bother posting them again.

ecco

Veteran Member
No due process. A law has to go through the proper procedures. Mandates aren't laws. There's a very good chance that the president's mandate about companies with over 100 employees needed to be vaccinated will be struck down in court for example.

You are entitled to your opinion. Here is another view.
News Bureau | ILLINOIS

To curb the spread of COVID-19 and the delta variant, the Biden administration issued an expansive new set of vaccination requirements that could affect up to 100 million U.S. workers, including federal employees, federal contractors and health care workers. Michael LeRoy, an expert in labor law and labor relations at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, spoke with News Bureau business and law editor Phil Ciciora about the legality of the mandate.

Are President Joe Biden’s vaccine mandates legal?

The mandate pertaining to federal employees will likely be upheld by courts, even the U.S. Supreme Court.

However, the mandate emanating from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which requires employees at companies with 100 or more workers to be vaccinated or be tested once a week, is on shakier legal ground.

To go a bit further back for a historical parallel, President Reagan all but drew the blueprint for mandatory drug testing of federal workers. He did this with a controversial series of executive orders in 1986, an extension of first lady Nancy Reagan’s “Just Say No” anti-drug campaign.

One part of the order subjected border patrol agents to drug testing. Their union sued, but the Supreme Court ruled that the drug testing program was constitutional. Even Reagan’s private sector drug testing orders were upheld by the Supreme Court. One particular area of relevance involved mandatory blood tests for railroad employees who were operating a train during any accident, even a minor bumping incident in a rail yard.

If the court ruled that the government can force an employee to yield to a blood draw to keep a job, then you have the makings for upholding even the private sector part of President Biden’s vaccination mandate, which similarly entails sticking a needle into a person’s arm.
It looks like Ronnie set a precedent. Were you aware of that?

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
You are entitled to your opinion. Here is another view.
News Bureau | ILLINOIS

To curb the spread of COVID-19 and the delta variant, the Biden administration issued an expansive new set of vaccination requirements that could affect up to 100 million U.S. workers, including federal employees, federal contractors and health care workers. Michael LeRoy, an expert in labor law and labor relations at the University of Illinois Urbana-Champaign, spoke with News Bureau business and law editor Phil Ciciora about the legality of the mandate.

Are President Joe Biden’s vaccine mandates legal?

The mandate pertaining to federal employees will likely be upheld by courts, even the U.S. Supreme Court.

However, the mandate emanating from the Occupational Safety and Health Administration, which requires employees at companies with 100 or more workers to be vaccinated or be tested once a week, is on shakier legal ground.

To go a bit further back for a historical parallel, President Reagan all but drew the blueprint for mandatory drug testing of federal workers. He did this with a controversial series of executive orders in 1986, an extension of first lady Nancy Reagan’s “Just Say No” anti-drug campaign.

One part of the order subjected border patrol agents to drug testing. Their union sued, but the Supreme Court ruled that the drug testing program was constitutional. Even Reagan’s private sector drug testing orders were upheld by the Supreme Court. One particular area of relevance involved mandatory blood tests for railroad employees who were operating a train during any accident, even a minor bumping incident in a rail yard.

If the court ruled that the government can force an employee to yield to a blood draw to keep a job, then you have the makings for upholding even the private sector part of President Biden’s vaccination mandate, which similarly entails sticking a needle into a person’s arm.
It looks like Ronnie set a precedent. Were you aware of that?
Thanks for confirming what I said.

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
I credit Biden for trying to establish mandates. However, the only reason they are necessary is that people don't accept the pandemic for what it is.

It's no worse than a case of the flu. Except that it is a lot worse.
If God wants to take me, God will take me. Duh!
Masks make it hard to breathe. So does Covid - very hard.
If I get it, I'll isolate so that I won't give it to anyone else. Over 732,000 "anyone else's" got if from people with that mindset.

prop·a·gan·da
/ˌpräpəˈɡandə/

noun
  1. 1.
    information, especially of a biased or misleading nature, used to promote or publicize a particular political cause or point of view.
Biden, Fauci, the mainstream press, have not issued statements of a misleading nature.

Fox, OAN, right-wing talking heads, born-again Christians, even RF posters, have issued statements of a misleading nature.

Examples can bee seen in most of the threads in the Covid sub-forum. I'll not bother posting them again.

I don't credit Biden.

If I listed all the propaganda it may be falsely interpreted as discrediting the vaccine and have some sort of vendetta against it. I posted it somewhere but I'd have to check if this is a COVID thread.

The only things I'm against is mandates that are making people lose their job and in my personal experience loved ones left homeless because of it.

I'm against propaganda (which was used in WW1 successfully. It's not new)

Here's an credible source on it War of Words: Propaganda of World War I | UGA Libraries:

"One of many purposes of propaganda was recruiting men for military service. Great Britain and the United States used propaganda to raise troops, often appealing to men’s notions of courage and duty."

As well as

"Rather these countries, like France and Germany, used their propaganda to appeal to other nations to join their cause and to boost morale."

It's used in dire events like wars, emergencies, and this case pandemic.

-

I'm against pro/con antivax bias.

I'm against not letting people make their own healthcare decisions whether they take the vax or not.

In not against science...I would be dead without it

I'm not against vaccines. They work "and" I choose not to take them

Anything else from others is opinion and if you don't believe me above I have nothing else to say but repeats.

Last edited:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
You obviously either didn't read it or didn't read what I wrote.
Wrong again. At best you did not understand @ecco 's quote. Some of the mandates are definitely legal. That sort of mandate has been held up by the Supreme Court. Some may not be. There was nothing that supported your claim that they were invalid.