• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Protesting AOC. Susan Sarandon rumbles in the Bronx.

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Susan Sarandon Joins Alabama Coal Miners Strike Protest at Blackrock NYC

HUNDREDS of Striking Alabama Coal Miners Protest Outside Blackrock in NYC

Kooky

Freedom from Sanity
Here's the story:

Actress and activist Susan Sarandon was in New York City this morning showing support for coal miners striking against Alabama’s Warrior Met Coal.

Sarandon took part in a demonstration with union members in Manhattan. Members and allies from Pennsylvania, Ohio and West Virginia, as well as New York, were planning to picket the Manhattan offices of BlackRock, an investment management corporation that is the world’s largest asset manager.

The union says BlackRock is the largest shareholder in Warrior Met Coal, the Alabama company the UMWA has been on strike against since April 1.

“I know what it’s like to be a union person, to struggle for what is right, for what’s owed to you,” Sarandon told a crowd, standing behind the words “We Are One.”

“I stand by you one day longer, one day stronger. And I’ll use my voice, however little it is, to try to tell people around the world and the United States that aren’t aware of what you guys have been doing.”
Last month, about 14 Alabama miners made the trip to New York to picket outside BlackRock’s offices. About 1,100 miners have been striking for better pay and benefits.

The current agreement with the union was negotiated as Warrior Met emerged from the bankruptcy proceedings of the former Walter Energy, which declared bankruptcy in 2016.

Union members say they made numerous concessions in pay, benefits, holidays, overtime and in other areas to keep the company going and get it out of bankruptcy - concessions they say total more than $1.1 billion.