• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Pros and cons of attempts at perceiving many or all religions as pointing to the same conclusions

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
The (true) followers of Jesus will do God's Will, whatever God's Will is.

Yes, Good point ^ above ^ because true genuine ' wheat ' Christians will do God's will ( God's purpose ).
Jesus followers will do what Jesus wants of us according to Matthew 26:52; Revelation 13:10 because Christian weapons are Not fleshly/carnal - 2 Corinthians 10:4
All the parts of Christian armor are listed at Ephesians 6:11-17, and it is all spiritual armor - 2 Corinthians 5:7

The_Fisher_King

Trying to bring myself ever closer to Allah
Premium Member

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
Ah, but that's where we disagree (I completely agree that many of the weapons are spiritual ones, but some are also physical).

Then, are we disagreeing with the recorded words of Jesus according to Matthew 26:52 and Revelation 13:10 ?________
True Christians will stick to what Jesus taught, and what 2 Corinthians 5:7 says, along with the description found at Ephesians 6:11-17.
There are No physical/carnal weapons mentioned at Isaiah 11:3-4; Revelation 19:11; Revelation 19:14-16
It is the false clergy of Christendom who wrongly use their pulpit as a recruiting station so parents will sacrifice their young on the Altar of War as if it is the Altar of God.
The false clergy push their agenda ( often political ) as if it was Jesus' agenda.

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
Then, are we disagreeing with the recorded words of Jesus according to Matthew 26:52 and Revelation 13:10 ?________

Yup.

True Christians will stick to what Jesus taught

Agreed.

and what 2 Corinthians 5:7 says, along with the description found at Ephesians 6:11-17.

We differ on what Jesus did and did not say.

It is the false clergy of Christendom who wrongly use their pulpit as a recruiting station so parents will sacrifice their young on the Altar of War as if it is the Altar of God.

I agree (and the same thing happens in Islaam). But there are the battles of this world, for worldly things (alone) - the domain of those who profess to be true followers of Jesus, but are not, using their religion as a cover for their greed - and there is the Battle with Satan and their servants, which is altogether different.

The false clergy push their agenda ( often political ) as if it was Jesus' agenda.

Again, agreed (and again, this happens in Islaam too).

The_Fisher_King

Premium Member
:D Theists and their toy deities...

It does seem pretty clear that since even us theists can't agree on some pretty fundamental questions, if one looks at all religions, it's unlikely they're all pointing at the same conclusions. To answer your original post, I'm not therefore sure there's much to be gained from perceiving many or all religions as pointing to the same conclusions.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
It does seem pretty clear that since even us theists can't agree on some pretty fundamental questions, if one looks at all religions, it's unlikely they're all pointing at the same conclusions. To answer your original post, I'm not therefore sure there's much to be gained from perceiving many or all religions as pointing to the same conclusions.
I can respect that. Taking responsibility for one's own beliefs is very honorable.