• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proposition 8 and the U.S. Supreme Court

Agnostic75

As most of you know, the U.S. Supreme Court will rule on Proposition 8 sometime next year. I predict that the court will either let the lower court ruling stand, which would invalidate Proposition 8, or rule outright that proposition 8 is unconstitutional based upon the California constitution.

It is interesting to note that although Proposition 8 passed 52% - 48%, today, the majority of Californians approve of same-sex marriage.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I am hoping the find that any and all laws that ban same-sex marriage are unconstitutional, as they should be.

McBell

Resident Sourpuss
As most of you know, the U.S. Supreme Court will rule on Proposition 8 sometime next year. I predict that the court will either let the lower court ruling stand, which would invalidate Proposition 8, or rule outright that proposition 8 is unconstitutional based upon the California constitution.

It is interesting to note that although Proposition 8 passed 52% - 48%, today, the majority of Californians approve of same-sex marriage.
I am hoping that the US Sepreme court will grow a set and declare Proposition 8 the illegal discrimination that it plainly is.