• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proposed bill would require men in Alabama to get vasectomy

epronovost

You'd be surprised how many people argue that their vague supernatural concept, "personhood", takes precedence over science.
Or maybe you wouldn't.
Tom

Personhood isn't a supernatural concept. It's a philosophical and legal one. Science says abortions are totally possible and in fact a routine, cheap and quick procedure that doesn't even require surgery in early cases. Thus we should use them when we want. In fact, science says that elective abortions are beneficial so we should allow and even sometime encourage them.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Ah, a non sequitur served with a side of irony.

Irony my hide! You better watch it!

6876377-obese-man-in-tee-shirt-on-white-background.jpg

dianaiad

MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.

HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday.

...Can someone please explain what the meaning of this is?

Dunno. However, without doing any research I can guarantee you that some idiotic Democrat came up with it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I see I'm dealing with sex crazed pagans. I'm sure you all advocate prostitution and drug use as well.
Most libertarians also support legalizing those things. If it's someone else, if there are no victims, then there should be no laws against it as at that point its probably legeslated morality. And that has got to go.

Cooky

Veteran Member
Most libertarians also support legalizing those things. If it's someone else, if there are no victims, then there should be no laws against it as at that point its probably legeslated morality. And that has got to go.

There's a human being at stake, that's the victim.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Maybe so.
But I remember when the Republican party was about small, minimally intrusive, government.
Boy, things have changed.
Haven't they?
Tom
That's what I've heard. To me, Republicans have basically always been poor hating bafoons who especially love conservative Christian morality as allowable exemptions to their fantasy of small government and claiming the government is the problem while not getting out of the way and not bothering to apply this when it comes to women, science, war, drugs, and personal lives. After all, the president Rep when I was born was so unconvinced of his bs he let uncle Sam prop up "freedom fighters" who would become terrorists, some of whom would carry out 9/11. Reagan seems to have made a self fulfilling prophecy of his own words about how the government is the problem.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There's a human being at stake, that's the victim.
The fetus has no self awareness, and is, no matter how you look at it, a burden and drain on the mothers body. This is something that should always be her choice. And, honestly, if a woman gets an abortion as birth control (something no doctor supports) or as a convenience, do you really want her to be a mother?

Altfish

Veteran Member
Don't you realize how religious this is?

By the standards of the Bible a baby wasn't alive until s/he drew a breath. Modern science proves differently.
Tom
It is not religious, when modern science intervenes there is a chance of survival. But if left to its own devices it will not survive.
At (say) 4 months a fetus won't survive.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
MONTGOMERY, Ala. (WIAT) — A proposed bill in the Alabama Legislature would require all men in the state to get a vasectomy within one month of their 50th birthday or the birth of their third biological child, whichever comes first.

HB-238 was proposed by Rep. Rolanda Hollis Thursday.

...Can someone please explain what the meaning of this is?
Of course the article is too afraid to put Democrat by her name.

And these are the politically sound people?

Stupid people elect stupid people i guess.