• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Proposal for US to Declare Climate Emergency

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Ihlan Omar is in that picture. Who wants to get rid of U.S. Customs and Border patrols. Its almost like they are are actively working to lower the defenses and weaken the U.S. from the inside.

I believe it time we start talking about treason within the DNC.
Well, let's just hope the three branches of government will keep everybody in check.

wellwisher

Climate change, formerly marketed as global warming, is a science magic trick. Magic will make use of sound science and technology to create an illusion, that can defy the laws of science. This explains why the predictions over the past 40 years never panned out. The earth should be flooded by now based on past science predictions.

The way this trick is done has to do with the limited range of data being used. We only have official records that begin in about 1880. This span of time does indeed show a slight warming pattern, but since this data is limited to that small time interval, in geological terms, the official data does not allow us to see if this is part of a longer term pattern.

As an example, in the 1970's, global cooling and a new ice age was being predicted. This conclusion was based on using data over a smaller time range; about a decade. That limited time range data did indeed show a trend that appeared to support the cooling conclusion. However, since it was a subset of all the data from 1880, it was not exactly correct. This was later clarified to global warming, when they started to use the longer 1880 starting point. The cooling was only a short term blip in a longer time based trend.

The question becomes, say we go back even further into time, say to 1500 AD or to 10,000 BC, do we see the same pattern? The problem is the data before 1880, is not as reliable and detailed as after 1880. This limitation is part of the magic trick, since this unreliability of the data becomes a way to justify using only the shorter cycle data. Now the magic trick will work, like the cooling trick.

Let me give a different analogy to show why people fall for this trick. Say I decided to create a new track and field meet. This is the first annual Galaxy Games, designed to determine the best athletes in the galaxy. My budget is small so I send out some feelers to local news and a request to NASA for them to send a few satellite messages toward outer space to summon people from all over the galaxy.

On the day of the event, nobody of note shows up, only some local curiosity seekers. We have the track meet anyway. We measure accurate times and distances, and since this is the beginning of the official Galaxy games, and need to determine the best of the galaxy, in a scientific way, we keep very accurate records.

The official Galaxy record, that represents and all planets within the Galaxy; al are welcome, is 5 feet in the high jump. The term, the official galaxy record, of all time, sounds impression, but it was only 5 feet. This is the magic trick in a nutshell.

Next year, people hear of the Galaxy games, and more people show up since the best in the galaxy records are for breaking. The new record is 7 feet in the high jump, which means better talent has shown up. I interpret this, for marketing purposes, to mean that as the athletes of the galaxy, are getting stronger and stronger, at an alarming rate, since they have crushed the record by two feet. This is consistent with the data, but it is a marketing magic trick. Best of the galaxy record can be subjective based on many factors, such as time and space. Those who believe in magic will think it is objective due to the scientifically accurate times and lengths.

Last edited:

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Climate change, formerly marketed as global warming, is a science magic trick. Magic will make use of sound science and technology to create an illusion, that can defy the laws of science. This explains why the predictions over the past 40 years never panned out. The earth should be flooded by now based on past science predictions.

The way this trick is done has to do with the limited range of data being used. We only have official records that begin in about 1880. This span of time does indeed show a slight warming pattern, but since this data is limited to that small time interval, in geological terms, the official data does not allow us to see if this is part of a longer term pattern.

As an example, in the 1970's, global cooling and a new ice age was being predicted. This conclusion was based on using data over a smaller time range; about a decade. That limited time range data did indeed show a trend that appeared to support the cooling conclusion. However, since it was a subset of all the data from 1880, it was not exactly correct. This was later clarified to global warming, when they started to use the longer 1880 starting point. The cooling was only a short term blip in a longer time based trend.

The question becomes, say we go back even further into time, say to 1500 AD or to 10,000 BC, do we see the same pattern? The problem is the data before 1880, is not as reliable and detailed as after 1880. This limitation is part of the magic trick, since this unreliability of the data becomes a way to justify using only the shorter cycle data. Now the magic trick will work, like the cooling trick.

Let me give a different analogy to show why people fall for this trick. Say I decided to create a new track and field meet. This is the first annual Galaxy Games, designed to determine the best athletes in the galaxy. My budget is small so I send out some feelers to local news and a request to NASA for them to send a few satellite messages toward outer space to summon people from all over the galaxy.

On the day of the event, nobody of note shows up, only some local curiosity seekers. We have the track meet anyway. We measure accurate times and distances, and since this is the beginning of the official Galaxy games, and need to determine the best of the galaxy, in a scientific way, we keep very accurate records.

The official Galaxy record, that represents and all planets within the Galaxy; al are welcome, is 5 feet in the high jump. The term, the official galaxy record, of all time, sounds impression, but it was only 5 feet. This is the magic trick in a nutshell.

Next year, people hear of the Galaxy games, and more people show up since the best in the galaxy records are for breaking. The new record is 7 feet in the high jump, which means better talent has shown up. I interpret this, for marketing purposes, to mean that as the athletes of the galaxy, are getting stronger and stronger, at an alarming rate, since they have crushed the record by two feet. This is consistent with the data, but it is a marketing magic trick. Best of the galaxy record can be subjective based on many factors, such as time and space. Those who believe in magic will think it is objective due to the scientifically accurate times and lengths.
I question all of the science involved. I mean are scientists this incompetent?

30 yrs. later, global warming still hasn't sunk Maldives

I'm still waiting for those islands to sink because of global warming.

For the record I think we do contribute, but I don't think we are the only sole cause. There are a lot more factors going on than just us humans.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
We know with certainty the Earth has been warming, and we know with certainty that much (actually most) is due to human endeavor. The opposition to accepting these facts mainly comes from those who side with the political and economic status quo. The research has been quite consistent over the last couple of decades especially on this, but the agenda by especially right-wing elements goes against it.

It's just so bizarre how so many people, including some here, seem to think these climate scientists are ignorant and/or dishonest, which to me is seemingly an indicator of the dumbing-down of America-- it's both ignorance and conspiracy theories galore-- no real homework involved. Even the Wiki article on "climate change", which includes links to scientific studies, seemingly gets virtually ignored as an opinion seems to be much more important than a fact.

IOW, it seems that we're in the age whereas "If I think it's true, it's true, and if scientists disagree with me they're dishonest idiots!".