• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophet Muhammad and Christian Community

InvestigateTruth

I would say, Muhammad did not say anything different than the Bible with regards to Jesus's station. Quran calles Jesus the Word, and also says Jesus is God's Spirit.
Although, even in the Bible, you see, Jesus said "Do not say I am good, only God is good" and other things, which has been even a subject of argument among Chritians regarding Jesus station.
With regards to Muhammad's peacefulness, it is part of history, He was kind to Christians. A community of Christians in Najrán were under His protection:

"A part of the Najran Treaty between the Prophet Muhammad and the Christians of Najran reads as follows:[6]

"This is a message from Muhammad ibn Abdullah, as a covenant to those who adopt Christianity, near and far, we are with them. Verily I, the servants, the helpers, and my followers defend them, because Christians are my citizens; and by Allah! I hold out against anything that displeases them.
No compulsion is to be on them. Neither are their judges to be removed from their jobs nor their monks from their monasteries. No one is to destroy a house of their religion, to damage it, or to carry anything from it to the Muslims' houses. Should anyone take any of these, he would spoil God's covenant and disobey His Prophet. Verily, they are my allies and have my secure charter against all that they hate.
No one is to force them to travel or to oblige them to fight. The Muslims are to fight for them.
If a female Christian is married to a Muslim, it is not to take place without her approval. She is not to be prevented from visiting her church to pray.
Their Churches are to be respected. They are neither to be prevented from repairing them nor the sacredness of their covenants. No one of the nation (of Muslims) is to disobey this covenant till the Last Day (end of the world)."
Christian community of Najran - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

It is also part of History that Muhammad was the cause of progress of people. while Europe was in the lowest depths of barbarism, He caused the Arab peoples become superior to the other nations of the earth in learning, in the arts, mathematics, civilization, government and other sciences...

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2984249-post293.html

Last edited:

Bob Dixon

>implying
Strange how the words of Muhammad and the words of the Qur'an are ignored so often by the very people who pledge allegiance to them. How can such tolerance be twisted right around?

Seems a lot like the words of Jesus and the words of the Bible to me, actually.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Did Muhammad give Jews and Pagans similar protections I wonder? Muhammad had cause to be peaceful to Christians. The Byzantine Empire, the world's greatest political force of the time was Christian.

F0uad

Yup he did he event send out message's to other nations. I would say that the Romans where much stronger then the Byzantine's

I would say after Mohammed's(saws) death Christians and Jews were well respect in the Islamic communities/caliphates in general however the pagans were already muslims in that time.
The Byzantine Empire had nothing to do with Mohammed(saws) but the later Caliphates that expanded. Just look it this way a Sheppard/trades-man who was illiterate made a movement that abolished pagan worship, injustice, corruption and civilized a whole nation. These ideas were also the ideas of the Caliphates that existed till the end of 1100.

InvestigateTruth

Strange how the words of Muhammad and the words of the Qur'an are ignored so often by the very people who pledge allegiance to them. How can such tolerance be twisted right around?

Seems a lot like the words of Jesus and the words of the Bible to me, actually.

It's interesting that in year 661AD, which is 666 years after Jesus's birth, the Umayyad Caliphat was raised. 666 the number of the beast :D

Umayyad Caliphate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"he waged unceasing war against the Byzantine Empire." Seems like he broke the covenant of Muhammad with Christian community.

F0uad

It's interesting that in year 661AD, which is 666 years after Jesus's birth, the Umayyad Caliphat was raised. 666 the number of the beast :D

Umayyad Caliphate - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"he waged unceasing war against the Byzantine Empire." Seems like he broke the covenant of Muhammad with Christian community.

You know that 666 is a fiction number i am pretty sure you also belief that 999 is the brother of the devil? :facepalm: The whole devil with two horns is a fiction based on cartoons.

Your counting very strange why start at the birth of Jesus(p)? With this idea i could trace anything back to have a comparison with the devil.

InvestigateTruth

You know that 666 is a fiction number i am pretty sure you also belief that 999 is the brother of the devil? :facepalm: The whole devil with two horns is a fiction based on cartoons.

Your counting very strange why start at the birth of Jesus(p)? With this idea i could trace anything back to have a comparison with the devil.

666 is in the Bible. it is reference to an Anti-Christ.

"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666." Bible- Rev. 13:18

Number of the Beast - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"In the writings of the Bahá'í Faith, `Abdu'l-Bahá states that the numerical value given to the beast referred to the year[72] when the Umayyad ruler Muawiyah I, who opposed the Imamate, according to the beliefs of the Shi'ites, took office as Caliph in 661 AD – see also the scholarly accepted year of birth of Jesus about 666 years before as well as the concept of Mawali who were non-Arab Muslims but not treated as other Muslims – who continued to pay the tax required of nonbelievers and were excluded from government and the military, and thus bore a social "mark".[73]"

placing Jesus' birth about 5 or 4 BC (because there is no year 0). Some scholars rely on John 8:57
Anno Domini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

999 is the opposite of 666. So, 666 is Anti-Christ, 999 is Christ :)

Last edited:

Dag101

F0uad I just want to ask you something:
In the Qu'ran does it at any point say that Muhammad is the way to Allah (God). I emphasize the word the for a reason. Jesus states: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me

F0uad

Yeah i would agree on it there is no problem with that at all. However you have to keep in mind that one was send for a period of time and for a community and the other for the rest of humanity.

F0uad

Dear Foad, Jesus said, "I am the first, I am the last".
How then you are saying Jesus was for a period of time?
Well first of all i don't need to accept text from the bible.

Secondly you yourself belief in the prophet Mohammed(saws) if i am correct hence you also belief that the prophet of the bahai religion is the messiah and mahdi correct?

Thirdly if you interpret this verse with Greek glasses then your not far away from being a Pagan (with all respect)

Last edited:

F0uad

O almost forgot Revelation 22:13 was a vision where the person dreamed about animals with eyes inside out and so forth.. so its not a real statement. I know biblical verses and there context and i also have read commentaries about them so please don't miss quote biblical or quranic verses in my presence.

InvestigateTruth

Well first of all i don't need to accept text from the bible.
Dear Foad

Yes, as a Moslem, you believe Injil is the Word of God.

Secondly you yourself belief in the prophet Mohammed(saws)
Yes, I do. But this is irrelavent.

if i am correct hence you also belief that the prophet of the bahai religion is the messiah and mahdi correct?
That's false. It's unfortunate after so much discussion you say the Prophet of Baha'i Faith is Messiah and Mahdi.
The Baha'i Faith started with The Bab who proclaimed to be the Mahdi. Then He prophecised that the Promised one of All religions soon will appear.
19 years later, Baha'u'llah declaired that He is the Promised One of All religions. Muhammad also had said "I am all the Prophets"

But anyways, I don't see any relevance.

Thirdly if you interpret this verse with Greek glasses then your not far away from being a Pagan (with all respect)
Dear Foad, who said I have greek glass?
I am just asking you as a Moslem, that When Jesus said "I am the First and the Last" why you believe in Muhammad?

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

O almost forgot Revelation 22:13 was a vision where the person dreamed about animals with eyes inside out and so forth.. so its not a real statement. I know biblical verses and there context and i also have read commentaries about them so please don't miss quote biblical or quranic verses in my presence.

Dear Foad,

Can you show me a commentry of the Bible that says: "its not a real statement" as you are saying?

If you read one verse before that:

"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done."

So, it is the Christ that says I am coming soon...I am the first and the last. I don't see how you claim, this is not a real statement.

F0uad

Dear Foad

Yes, as a Moslem, you believe Injil is the Word of God.
First of all Its Muslim not Moslem.

Secondly the Injil and not Injils in a plural form the Quran always refers to one not to four of them.

Third point the Quran itself says that the scriptures have been corrupted and forgotten.

Yes, I do. But this is irrelavent.
Offcourse not if your claiming that Jesus(pbuh) is the first and last one then how can Mohammed(saws) come after him? Makes no sense to me..

That's false. It's unfortunate after so much discussion you say the Prophet of Baha'i Faith is Messiah and Mahdi.
The Baha'i Faith started with The Bab who proclaimed to be the Mahdi. Then He prophecised that the Promised one of All religions soon will appear.
19 years later, Baha'u'llah declaired that He is the Promised One of All religions. Muhammad also had said "I am all the Prophets"
Well sorry for not knowing your history however i was pointing out that the verse from the bible itself contradicts Baha'u'llah since he is now the last according to you.
I am just asking you as a Moslem, that When Jesus said "I am the First and the Last" why you believe in Muhammad?
Lol again this is not what Jesus(pbuh) uttered nor do i have to accept the bible the full word of god. Now let me ask you why do you belief in Mohammed(saws) or Baha'u'llah? Since you belief in the verse to be valid.

F0uad

Dear Foad,

Can you show me a commentry of the Bible that says: "its not a real statement" as you are saying?

If you read one verse before that:

"Behold, I am coming soon! My reward is with me, and I will give to everyone according to what he has done."

So, it is the Christ that says I am coming soon...I am the first and the last. I don't see how you claim, this is not a real statement.

:facepalm: My friend do you know what a context is? Read the context.. It was a dream of John these things did not happen real. I already explained John was dreaming about animals with eyes inside out so dreaming that Jesus(pbuh) said these words don't mean anything.

There are 1000's of references that can be used to claim Jesus(pbuh) divinity however you really choose a poor one that even contradicts your own teachings.

InvestigateTruth

First of all Its Muslim not Moslem.

Dear Foad,

Both are correct. In English it is Muslim. See most dictionaries. I use both words.
But, again this irrelavent.

Secondly the Injil and not Injils in a plural form the Quran always refers to one not to four of them.
Injil is any of them. So, Quran confirms it.

Third point the Quran itself says that the scriptures have been corrupted and forgotten.
There is no verse in Quran, that says Injil is corrupted. There are verses talking about, how some had written books and said that is what Allah said. But that means, they had written false interpretations.
The Muslim Religious leader in order to justify Islam, has made up this.
The Problem with this is that, if after Jesus left, His Book was also corrupted, then what did those people have to be guided with? How could God, who is caring and loving, left them for 600 years without proper guidance? Why God didn't send them a prophet earlier to tell them the Truth and give them the Book for their guidance? Why waiting for 600 years and then send Muhammad?

So, this view, is a blasphemy to the Loving and Providing God.

Offcourse not if your claiming that Jesus(pbuh) is the first and last one then how can Mohammed(saws) come after him? Makes no sense to me..
Makes no sense only if you stick with literal interpretation.

Well sorry for not knowing your history however i was pointing out that the verse from the bible itself contradicts Baha'u'llah since he is now the last according to you.
Again, this is not correct. Baha'u'llah is not the Last Messenger. He is the Most Recent One, untill 1000 years after Him, when the next can come.

Lol again this is not what Jesus(pbuh) uttered nor do i have to accept the bible the full word of god. Now let me ask you why do you belief in Mohammed(saws) or Baha'u'llah? Since you belief in the verse to be valid.
This is what Jesus had said according to Bible. In another thread I had explain the meaning of it. But I just want to know, how you as a Moslem accept Muhammad, when Jesus was the first and the last.
;)

Last edited:

InvestigateTruth

:facepalm: My friend do you know what a context is? Read the context.. It was a dream of John these things did not happen real. I already explained John was dreaming about animals with eyes inside out so dreaming that Jesus(pbuh) said these words don't mean anything.

There are 1000's of references that can be used to claim Jesus(pbuh) divinity however you really choose a poor one that even contradicts your own teachings.

Dear Foad,

read the Bible when it says, all its scriptures are inspired by God. The Author of revelation had visions, by which God inspired him.
Read it within the context:
Just a few verse before it it says:

"I, John, am the one who heard and saw these things. And when I had heard and seen them, I fell down to worship at the feet of the angel who had been showing them to me."

Last edited:

Pink Top Hat

666 is in the Bible. it is reference to an Anti-Christ.

"This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666." Bible- Rev. 13:18

"In the writings of the Bahá'í Faith, `Abdu'l-Bahá states that the numerical value given to the beast referred to the year[72] when the Umayyad ruler Muawiyah I, who opposed the Imamate, according to the beliefs of the Shi'ites, took office as Caliph in 661 AD – see also the scholarly accepted year of birth of Jesus about 666 years before as well as the concept of Mawali who were non-Arab Muslims but not treated as other Muslims – who continued to pay the tax required of nonbelievers and were excluded from government and the military, and thus bore a social "mark".[73]"

placing Jesus' birth about 5 or 4 BC (because there is no year 0). Some scholars rely on John 8:57
Anno Domini - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

999 is the opposite of 666. So, 666 is Anti-Christ, 999 is Christ :)

Does anyone know Netanyahu home phone number? does it end in 666?