• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecy hoax

PHOTOTAKER

I came across this several months ago and fond out that it was a hoax or not true because the book or article dose not exist. I don't thinks it is going around the church as much as it did in the 1800's. but i did find someone else that had a similar article that i had the body of is the same but the intro is different.

i will post the introduction but not the rest to avoid this lie to spread.

"This article may be found in the Library of Basel, Switzerland. It was written by Litsus Cratius, a Catholic Priest, in 1739 and published in his works "Hope of Zion"

The Name Cratius i have found to be related to Roman history as a historian at the time. No catholic Priest by this name has been found. The church wrote an artical on this say that it is a hoax and no book has ever been found in the Library of Basel in 1908.

There are a lot of true coments of people waiting for a "restoration" i have found never to use them unless i can authintacat them. How ever it would be cool to authintacat this artical but i dought that it will happen "its just to good to be true" so keep this in mind if you hear or see someone with this document chances are it is not TRUE.

thank you,

Phototaker

PHOTOTAKER

madhatter85

Transhumanist
I'm not worried about them. Hoaxes are eventually found out for what they are. Lies are told. and those who really want to know what is true will ask.

idea

Question Everything
thanks for the links... i have been running into a lot of hoax about our church and others... it is quit disturbing...

yes, it is. Lieing has become an artform, language is being so cunningly used - the wolf is learning the art of camoflauge to a scary degree... a rose by any other name... greenland is not green, the people's republic of China - is it a people's republic? Saying it is "unloving" if we do not imbrace and condone immoral lifestyles - a rose by any other name - take love and apply it to something that is not love - cherry pick and pervert the words of the prophets - add things, subtract things, mix things, polute things....

signs of the times ;).

21 The words of his mouth were smoother than butter, but war was in his heart: his words were softer than oil, yet were they drawn swords.
(Old Testament | Psalms55:21)

20 Woe unto them that call evil good, and good evil; that put darkness for light, and light for darkness; that put bitter for sweet, and sweet for bitter!
(Old Testament | Isaiah5:20)

22 For false Christs and false prophets shall rise, and shall shew signs and wonders, to seduce, if it were possible, even the elect.
23 But take ye heed: behold, I have foretold you all things.
(New Testament | Mark13:22 - 23)

Hinckley once said something about a gate - how the hinge of the gate moves so slightly, yet the end of the gate swings wide - or the train track, switch on the track, a mere inch - takes you thousands of miles away...such small deviations from the truth are so easy to camoflauge, and so able to take those who listen on distant roads.

I don’t want to be a rigid Pharisee – letter of the law vs. spirit of the law kind of thing, but watching for those small deviations that are so dangerous… it is an art form to stay on the narrow path…

13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat:
14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.
(New Testament | Matthew7:13 - 14)

so easy to get lost among the words...

I'm not worried about them. Hoaxes are eventually found out for what they are. Lies are told. and those who really want to know what is true will ask.

I worry about them...

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
I came across this several months ago and fond out that it was a hoax or not true because the book or article dose not exist. I don't thinks it is going around the church as much as it did in the 1800's. but i did find someone else that had a similar article that i had the body of is the same but the intro is different.

i will post the introduction but not the rest to avoid this lie to spread.

"This article may be found in the Library of Basel, Switzerland. It was written by Litsus Cratius, a Catholic Priest, in 1739 and published in his works "Hope of Zion"

The Name Cratius i have found to be related to Roman history as a historian at the time. No catholic Priest by this name has been found. The church wrote an artical on this say that it is a hoax and no book has ever been found in the Library of Basel in 1908.

There are a lot of true coments of people waiting for a "restoration" i have found never to use them unless i can authintacat them. How ever it would be cool to authintacat this artical but i dought that it will happen "its just to good to be true" so keep this in mind if you hear or see someone with this document chances are it is not TRUE.

thank you,

Phototaker
I was one who bought into this hoax briefly. I mean who wouldn't want to believe it. I did learn that it was a hoax quite early on, though. I don't know if you're familiar with the Gertrude Specht Story. It's almost as good -- and isn't a hoax!