• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Prophecy Fulfilled 2

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Hello dear Baha'i friends - I have done up a couple of posters for you all too look at, think I may post them on face book. What do you think?

This one is on the Law going out from Zion - Regards Tony

Isaiah 2.3.jpg

Last edited:

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If Jerusalem means Abode of peace, it is same as Darul Salam in Arabic, which was also a name of Baghdad.

That's great Information, Thank you Investigate!

Daniel 10, 11 and 12 become even more amazing knowing that and that Baha'u'llah declared his mission on the banks of the Tigress in the time of a flood just outside Baghdad!

Also Genesis gives Prophecy that the Holy land extends much further than the Jews have considered.

Genesis 15:18 "On that day the Lord made a covenant with Abram, saying, “To your descendants I have given this land, From the river of Egypt as far as the great river, the river Euphrates:" The land of Assyria is now a place of Pilgrimage!

Regards Tony

Last edited:

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Hey Tony, hope you’re doing well, staying healthy, my friend.

Question: this prophecy about the “final part of the days” also includes those worshipping the LORD — the Divine Name Yahweh is here — they “beat their swords into plowshares, and spears into pruning shears.” (Vs.4)
When was this fulfilled, according to your belief? How?

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

Question: this prophecy about the “final part of the days” also includes those worshipping the LORD — the Divine Name Yahweh is here — they “beat their swords into plowshares, and spears into pruning shears.” (Vs.4)

I hope you are also well and happy my friend. I hope life and faith are likewise rewarding.

It is a big question you ask, with many many answers. I will explain a few verses you refer to from what I have come to understand.

4 "He will judge between the nations and will settle disputes for many peoples. They will beat their swords into plowshares and their spears into pruning hooks. Nation will not take up sword against nation, nor will they train for war anymore".

The foundation fulfilment of the above verse was the Letters Baha'u'llah wrote to all rulers, all clergy and all peoples of the world in the 1800's offering the Most Great Peace and God's kingdom on earth as it is in heaven. When that appeal was rejected Baha'u'llah offered the Lesser Peace and how to establish it. Again this was ignored and Baha'u'llah said mankind will go through an increasing series of convulsions that will mould the consciousness of humanity into a world embracing global outlook, that we are One people under One God. The Law given by Baha'u'llah was the abolishment of Holy War. For a Baha'i he has said it is better to be killed than kill. There are other laws that allow for just action against tyrants, from personal to global actions that are allowed. Thus the seed is planted the tree will grow and fruit, we are in a time when heavy pruning is needed.

In summary, we have been forewarned of what we will face, we are in a time when the convulsions will unfold in a way that Isaiah 2 predicts, the earth is been shaken and it daily increases, Baha'u'llah has expanded upon this;

".. The world is in travail, and its agitation waxeth day by day. Its face is turned towards waywardness and unbelief. Such shall be its plight, that to disclose it now would not be meet and seemly. Its perversity will long continue. And when the appointed hour is come, there shall suddenly appear that which shall cause the limbs of mankind to quake. Then, and only then, will the Divine Standard be unfurled, and the Nightingale of Paradise warble its melody.... "

Thus for a Baha'i we have beaten our swords into plowshares and learn war no more, the JW do the same. There are tangents here as well.

The verses of Isaiah 2 also offer that the Lord alone will be exalted in that day. This also required much explanation with many tangents.

This gives a perspective on the Name of God from a Baha'i view -

Knowing the Many Names of God

In explanation of this I have posted a Passage from Shoghi Effendi in a post below.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member
The Lords name Yahweh is found in the Name Baha'u'llah. When one says Baha'u'llah one is saying the 'Glory of God', or 'Glory of the Lord'.

"..... ToHim Isaiah, the greatest of the Jewish prophets, had alluded as the “Glory of the Lord,” the “Everlasting Father,” the “Prince of Peace,” the “Wonderful,” the “Counsellor,” the “Rod come forth out of the stem of Jesse” and the “Branch grown out of His roots,” Who “shall be established upon the throne of David,” Who “will come with strong hand,” Who “shall judge among the nations,” Who “shall smite the earth with the rod of His mouth, and with the breath of His lips slay the wicked,” and Who “shall assemble the 95 outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.” Of Him David had sung in his Psalms, acclaiming Him as the “Lord of Hosts” and the “King of Glory.” To Him Haggai had referred as the “Desire of all nations,” and Zachariah as the “Branch” Who “shall grow up out of His place,” and “shall build the Temple of the Lord.” Ezekiel had extolled Him as the “Lord” Who “shall be king over all the earth,” while to His day Joel and Zephaniah had both referred as the “day of Jehovah,” the latter describing it as “a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distress, a day of wasteness and desolation, a day of darkness and gloominess, a day of clouds and thick darkness, a day of the trumpet and alarm against the fenced cities, and against the high towers.” His Day Ezekiel and Daniel had, moreover, both acclaimed as the “day of the Lord,” and Malachi described as “the great and dreadful day of the Lord” when “the Sun of Righteousness” will “arise, with healing in His wings,” whilst Daniel had pronounced His advent as signalizing the end of the “abomination that maketh desolate.”"

From 'God Passes By' by Shoghi Effendi

Regards Tony

InvestigateTruth

My take is, those verses which states there will be no more war nation against nation, is specifically talking about the tribes of Israel. We know historically the tribes of Israel were in war and conflict with each other. The Jews were expecting when their Messiah comes, there will be peace between tribes of Israel.

File:12 Tribes of Israel Map.svg - Wikipedia

InvestigateTruth

Huzaifah also narrates: The Messenger of Allah (s.a.w.s.) said: “The Mahdi is a man from my progeny. His complexion is Arabic and his body is Israelite. There is a mole on his right cheek, like a glittering star. He will fill the earth with equity and justice as it will be full of oppression. The dwellers of the heavens and the earth and birds of the sky will be happy in his rule.” Biharulanwar, vol52

Would this Hadith match with the Bab or Bahaullah?

This Hadith seems to denote that the Promised One genealogy would be from Arabic and Israelite. Bahaullah's genealogy is Israelite because His lineage goes back to King David, and His genealogy is Arabic, because, His lineage goes back to Prophet Abraham. But, Bahaullah was not literally from the lineage of Muhammad.